Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 07:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And here you are. Taking part in the "deflecting".
yes I am because I won't let this go unchallenged without voicing my opinion. I can't control that the Atlantic put it out there but I can speak out on it.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:57 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Captain Sully weighs in: Trump has shown "utter and vulgar contempt" for the military

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...-for-military/
Oh well, he'll be the next person to be reviled by the party of Trump (the Republicans), for having an opinion that doesn't support "the Boss". Maybe Trump will toss some insults at Sully on Twitter?

Old 09-05-2020, 07:57 AM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
If John Bolton, who clearly hates Trump, denies he ever said anything like this, then I'm going with that.
This country is imploding. The level of vitriol reaches new heights daily. Nancy Pelosi's "Hair Gate?" To coin a phrase...."Come ON Man!!!!" LOL. And where will it end? What will happen if Trump is re-elected? (which is what I believe will happen) Of course, the other side of that coin is, what will happen if Biden is elected? (perish that thought because I don't think he is going to be the one making decisions).

Old 09-05-2020, 08:00 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,766,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Not sure you wouldn’t believe it. The way he talked about McCain being a POW and all the insults he’s had over the years. I can’t imagine a world where he didn’t say these things. He’s that petty.

It won’t matter to his base tho. They are willing to go down with the ship.
I did say it was within his character. But I am not taking something as gospel based on anonymous sources.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:00 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,870 times
Operation smear tactics now (deflect and attack) nothing new, hence, nothing else is working for these liberals . . .Hey, Debates are getting close, Ol’ Joe will CHOKE,. . .Oh, btw Anonymous Sources say "Michelle Obama had an affair with Joe Biden", Anonymous, lmao

Old 09-05-2020, 08:01 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
If John Bolton, who clearly hates Trump, denies he ever said anything like this, then I'm going with that.
This country is imploding. The level of vitriol reaches new heights daily. Nancy Pelosi's "Hair Gate?" To coin a phrase...."Come ON Man!!!!" LOL. And where will it end? What will happen if Trump is re-elected? (which is what I believe will happen) Of course, the other side of that coin is, what will happen if Biden is elected? (perish that thought because I don't think he is going to be the one making decisions).
Nancy Pelosi's hair is your biggest concern about what's happening in this country? With over 1000 still dying a day almost EIGHT MONTHS after trump and his admin learned of the threat of Covid, and bungled it horribly?

Hillary would've been all over it from day one.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
That's not what Bolton said.

John Bolton said he never heard President Trump call fallen soldiers disparaging names, but he believes it is possible that the president might have made the remark when he wasn't around.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...kers-are-false

Old 09-05-2020, 08:11 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That's not what Bolton said.

John Bolton said he never heard President Trump call fallen soldiers disparaging names, but he believes it is possible that the president might have made the remark when he wasn't around.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...kers-are-false
If bolton denied it without a caveat, Trump would have tweeted it. He is looking for anyone who can support him. Not finding too many takers.
Associated Press corroborated the 2 witnesses.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:14 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Trump's base will accept no other truth than what comes out of his mouth. IMO that's brainwashing 101. It's a good thing he can't win with only his base. Lately every week there seems to be some new indiscretion by the President that will chip away at Republican voters.

There are no doubt Republican voters who not only know Trump is capable of this kind of statement but they are pretty sure he probably said it. It doesn't take much only 2% or 3% here or there each time. Every week I keep thinking this is the big one but I guess we have still got plenty of time left.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:18 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
The thing that really disturbs me is how Trump supporters still support him.

On one hand, I never liked how a certain subset of Democrats were foaming at the mouth over Trump which probably in some part led to how Trump is today. And to this day I still don't like how the Democratic party tried to railroad Hillary as president. Also, I especially do not like the ""journalism"" of the Atlantic story where they never name names. Not one person has come out and said "yes, he did say that".

But on the other hand, what bugs me even more is when he says "“He’s not a war hero, He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”, Trump supporters just toss that information aside as if he never said that, textbook classic cognitive bias.

https://nypost.com/2015/07/18/donald...o-and-a-loser/
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...ccain-a-loser/

Look, Trump has already shown disdain for just about everyone under the sun but himself. Why is it that everyone (and it's just about everyone) who worked for him and left, he then tweets about how bad they were? Mr President, if every single person who works for you sucks, can't you hire anyone who is competent then? What does that say about you as a manager?

Even worse was the Axios interview. It CLEARLY shows he does not care about ANYONE but himself. It was a pretty stark wake-up call over just what makes this person tick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Not a big fan of Biden, but I really do not like how Trump handled this pandemic. He has to go. It's clear he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself, and he has utterly failed at handling the pandemic from day 1.

So I just do not fathom how someone can look at this constant stream of just how bad Trump is, and constantly reject it. Constantly saying "fake news", "oh, look at the source", "oh it's a Democrat saying it". NO, these are verified facts. Face them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies