Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 10:42 AM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times

Advertisements

https://www.live5news.com/2020/08/31...new-documents/

"...The documents also alleged that back in 2016, the body of Fernandez Bowman was found in a car rented by Breonna Taylor. When LMPD detectives arrived at Taylor's home to question her, Glover was there. Taylor told the detectives she did not know Bowman, that she had been dating Glover for several months and that she had let him drive the rental car. She also gave detectives her phone number, which was a number that Glover was still using as recently as February of this year, according to the documents.

That homicide victim was the brother of Damarius Bowman, one of Glover’s “associates” who has been arrested with Glover numerous times, the report stated...."

Taylor was bad news. I can't believe how many of you are buying the innocent victim nonsense.
Doesn't mean the shooting was justified, but she was really bad news. The rest of the article ties her to Glover's business very closely. But a dead body in the trunk of her car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 10:43 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If they identified themselves as they claim they did...
Quite unfortunate that they sorta forgot to wear body cameras that day, isn't it? Except there's now photo evidence that they did.

https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-...body-cam-claim

The Louisville PD has shown itself to be completely untrustworthy in this case. I see no reason to believe anything they say.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM from the completely dark apartment, injuring one?

I haven't heard ONE "news" outlet mention that. Especially when they are showing some protest outraged that Taylor got shot. Her boyfriend in the apartment opened fire on the police, and the police fired back, just as they are always trained to do, continuing to fire until the threat against them was stopped.

Were the cops supposed to NOT return fire, even as somebody was shooting at them?

This important fact puts a whole different light on what happened. Breonna's tragic death was not a murder, it was an accident. The cops were doing what they HAD to do.

But it suits the agenda of somebody, to keep pretending it was just a bunch of trigger-happy cops randomly opening fire on a black girl. So we keep getting distorted reporting pretending she was murdered, while never mentioning that somebody in the apartment opened fire on the cops first, thus forcing the cops (yes, forcing) to shoot back into the apartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor
This is common knowledge. It has been amply reported by the media. Your thread title is a fail.

"When they punched in the door with a battering ram, Mr. Walker, fearing an intruder, reached for his gun and let off one shot, wounding an officer. He and another officer returned fire, while a third began blindly shooting through Ms. Taylor’s window and patio door."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/u...e-killing.html

As they made their way down a hallway toward the front door, Walker said, the door flew off its hinges.
"So I just let off one shot," he said. "I still can't see who it is or anything."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/us/br...nvs/index.html

But right-wingers believe everyone should have a gun and use it to defend themselves against any perceived threat. You know, stand your ground and all that.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:02 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
I have a couple of strong Second Ammendment friends who are the opposite of woke that were up in arms over this case. Basically if you break into a house, they feel you have a right to defend yourself. The cops did not ID themselves before entering.

To be honest I'm shocked more conservatives don't make this particular case a cause.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:10 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
The raid was BS. Zero reason for such a raid, and raids should be very rare.

They could have simply waited until he left his apartment and apprehended him, instead of doing some Rambo, action movie entrance.

No knock raids should be illegal, as for normal raids, what, if I am a homeowner, I am suppose to just believe what a person breaking down my door is there for? Sorry, not going to happen. Unfortunately for the cops and who ever else, my home defense weapon is a rifle, and it will rip through a vest like butter.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Obviously her "boyfriend" had no qualms about creating a situation that put his girlfriend into grave danger. Dealing drugs (and thus attracting the legitimate attention of cops), and then sleeping with or near her with a loaded gun in case "somebody" broke in, and then firing blindly when they did.

You've heard of "suicide by cop". This time it was "murder by cop", where this idiot forced the cops to shoot at him a lot, while Breonna was right there in the line of fire.

But this is never mentioned when the media shows "protesters" screaming "Breonna Taylor was murdered!".
Trump released a woman who 'dealt' drugs ---

This administration and their fans change their stories to suit the propaganda.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM from the completely dark apartment, injuring one?

I haven't heard ONE "news" outlet mention that. Especially when they are showing some protest outraged that Taylor got shot. Her boyfriend in the apartment opened fire on the police, and the police fired back, just as they are always trained to do, continuing to fire until the threat against them was stopped.

Were the cops supposed to NOT return fire, even as somebody was shooting at them?

This important fact puts a whole different light on what happened. Breonna's tragic death was not a murder, it was an accident. The cops were doing what they HAD to do.

But it suits the agenda of somebody, to keep pretending it was just a bunch of trigger-happy cops randomly opening fire on a black girl. So we keep getting distorted reporting pretending she was murdered, while never mentioning that somebody in the apartment opened fire on the cops first, thus forcing the cops (yes, forcing) to shoot back into the apartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor
All the news reports I read mentioned that. ALL of them. The boyfriend thought it was some kind of home invasion, and he fired at the people doing the invading. The police fired back. Since that has always been known, it doesn't cast a different light. Their evidence to get the no-knock warrant was that Taylor's ex-boyfriend dealt in drugs. So they waited until the middle of the night, broke down her door without warning, and her current boyfriend did what many people would do, he grabbed his gun to defend himself and his girlfriend and fired at the intruders. The problem is that Taylor herself doesn't seem to have been dealing in drugs, that no drugs were found in her apartment, and that the police could have determined that with a regular search warrant at a normal hour. The police aggression was over-the-top, and the question is why did they think that level of aggression was necessary to deal with Taylor?

Old 09-09-2020, 11:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://www.live5news.com/2020/08/31...new-documents/

"...The documents also alleged that back in 2016, the body of Fernandez Bowman was found in a car rented by Breonna Taylor. When LMPD detectives arrived at Taylor's home to question her, Glover was there. Taylor told the detectives she did not know Bowman, that she had been dating Glover for several months and that she had let him drive the rental car. She also gave detectives her phone number, which was a number that Glover was still using as recently as February of this year, according to the documents.

That homicide victim was the brother of Damarius Bowman, one of Glover’s “associates” who has been arrested with Glover numerous times, the report stated...."

Taylor was bad news. I can't believe how many of you are buying the innocent victim nonsense.
Doesn't mean the shooting was justified, but she was really bad news. The rest of the article ties her to Glover's business very closely. But a dead body in the trunk of her car?
Just one correction, the body of Bowman wasn’t found in Taylor’s trunk. He was shot and then crashed. His body was found after the crash in the driver’s seat. Quentin Hall was arrested for his murder. https://www.wlky.com/article/man-cha...laying/8662277

Old 09-10-2020, 07:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Quite unfortunate that they sorta forgot to wear body cameras that day, isn't it? Except there's now photo evidence that they did.

https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-...body-cam-claim

The Louisville PD has shown itself to be completely untrustworthy in this case. I see no reason to believe anything they say.
I’ve thought from the beginning that the police targeted her.
The ex-boyfriend was already in custody so there was absolutely no reason to even go to her home.
The warrant was issued based on months-old information that hadn’t been updated.
Why?
Why so afraid of this woman who had started to turn her life around?

Why was Ms Taylor considered such a threat that they had to burst into her home in the middle of the night?
And conveniently “forget” to wear their body cams?

They knew where she worked and her usual work hours.
Why couldn’t they just sit outside and arrest her when she left for work?

They targeted her.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:13 AM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
The raid was BS. Zero reason for such a raid, and raids should be very rare.

They could have simply waited until he left his apartment and apprehended him, instead of doing some Rambo, action movie entrance.

No knock raids should be illegal, as for normal raids, what, if I am a homeowner, I am suppose to just believe what a person breaking down my door is there for? Sorry, not going to happen. Unfortunately for the cops and who ever else, my home defense weapon is a rifle, and it will rip through a vest like butter.
They, for good reason, thought she had money and drugs in the apartment. She WAS a target. Your suggestion is ridiculous.

Now you can argue about the timing, but the search of her apartment was necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies