Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 10:35 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
SOME Trump supporters say he does nothing wrong. Some of us point out and criticize him when justified.

Some, of those some, are just trolling. Its pretty tempting to portray Trump as the God man I would think just for the reaction.

The psychological profile is pretty clear that they tend to take things literately. They are the Left religion much like the fundamentalist Christians that take the bible literally. The vegan faction really goes hog wild on authoritarianism that there must be a study for everything. They don't even know how to interpret those kinds of studies, but its got the stamp. Everything someone says is juxtaposed to the dictionary definition of it.

Just recently someone claimed that they were being sarcastic and then used a dictionary on TDS to prove it was an assertion of derangement. This is obviously being exploited .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 10:46 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times
You guys know the OP is a WUMAO? Please don't feed him!!

Old 09-15-2020, 10:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
You guys know the OP is a WUMAO? Please don't feed him!!
He truly is. This has been well documented here in this forum.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:52 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
trump supporters, do you realize you've become exactly like fervent obama supporters but for the other side?

Not exactly. We work for a living.

Obama supporters rioted, looted, burned businesses and murdered cops. There is a difference.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
What good thing did Obama do?
What bad thing did Trump do?

I'll give you a couple months to dig, dig, dig.

Obama, overwhelmingly, was a horrible POTUS
Trump, overwhelmingly, is a great POTUS

There, I've avoided your dreaded "absolutes".
History will disagree with you, and you will likely say one of the following:
-No they don't
-History is written by the biased left
-They are too stupid.

You asked for one good, one bad. I could write a book on it, but here are (at least) one of each:

Obama:
-Longest sustained growth in the history of America, and over the course of his 8 years, it was about the same average growth as we've seen under Trump, only Obama inherited a mess, and Trump inherited what I just described. In short, he turned around the mess from Bush-43.

Trump: Delcared victory in N. Korea, he got pwned by Kim. He BUNGLED the COVID crisis. Look at how the US did compared to most other countries. He is documented as the lyingest POTUS in history.

Trump did some good things too, I'll admit it. And He's also often taken out of context, but he shares some of the blame for that. He's the POTUS, he's not careful with his words, and when he speaks without thinking, it often costs lives, or US National Security. Fair or not, that's a fact. He needs to tighten up.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:24 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
History will disagree with you, and you will likely say one of the following:
-No they don't
-History is written by the biased left
-They are too stupid.

You asked for one good, one bad. I could write a book on it, but here are (at least) one of each:

Obama:
-Longest sustained growth in the history of America, and over the course of his 8 years, it was about the same average growth as we've seen under Trump, only Obama inherited a mess, and Trump inherited what I just described. In short, he turned around the mess from Bush-43.

Trump: Delcared victory in N. Korea, he got pwned by Kim. He BUNGLED the COVID crisis. Look at how the US did compared to most other countries. He is documented as the lyingest POTUS in history.

Trump did some good things too, I'll admit it. And He's also often taken out of context, but he shares some of the blame for that. He's the POTUS, he's not careful with his words, and when he speaks without thinking, it often costs lives, or US National Security. Fair or not, that's a fact. He needs to tighten up.
North Korea stopped long-ranging missile tests, no nuke tests either, none since 2017.
Trump won that.
And he's won the Middle East too.
Quote:
President Trump on Tuesday declared the "dawn of a new Middle East†as he presided over the signing of two historic Middle East diplomatic deals between Israel and two Gulf nations.

“We’re here this afternoon to change the course of history. After decades of division and conflict we mark the dawn of a new Middle East," he said at the ceremony in the South Lawn of the White House.
"Thanks to the great courage of the leaders of these three countries, we take a major stride toward a future in which people of all faiths and backgrounds live together in peace and prosperity," he said.

The deals, known as the "Abraham Accords," involve the exchanging of ambassadors, establishment of embassies and co-operation on a range of fronts, including trade, security and tourism. The deals also allow Muslims to visit Islamic holy sites in Israel. Trump said the deals would form "the foundation for a comphrensive peace across the entire region."
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will sign the deals, which mark the normalization of relations, with the foreign ministers of both the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain. The UAE deal was announced last month, with the Bahrain deal announced on Friday. They have been dubbed the "Abraham Accords."
Also, President Trump took the life of Iran's legendary face of evil General Qasem Soleimani, ripped up the Biden-Obama-Iran nuclear deal, and Iran are still too scared to go to war with America. This shows you how weak Iran has become since Trump took over....

Old 09-15-2020, 11:26 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
There's nothing new about the mind set of "if you don't agree with me, you are wrong." One huge difference is that for eight years Obama supporters often blamed opposition to his policies on racism. Another is that many Trump opponents never really accepted his election as legitimate, never quite got over Hillary grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

True........ Liberals think that Conservatives are evil and racist

Conservatives thought Obama Liberals were basically naive idiots, who up until recently had good, albeit poorly thought out intentions but are now increasingly likely to be extremist and downright un American.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:29 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
What good thing did Obama do?
What bad thing did Trump do?

I'll give you a couple months to dig, dig, dig.

Obama, overwhelmingly, was a horrible POTUS
Trump, overwhelmingly, is a great POTUS

There, I've avoided your dreaded "absolutes".
While I didn't completely agree with it, he did save my industry which helped Michigan. Also, Bin Laden got taken out on his watch.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You are off topic. Trump supporters are doing many of the same things that they said they were tired of Dems doing under Obama. That is the topic.

I actually admitted many Dems did (and still do) that. Are you afraid to admit that many Trump supporters do it too? That they troll Dems. That they are condescending. That they position themselves as "Only we are right, if you don't agree you are wrong"? Or are you denying it even happens.
Very few on the right are, sorry the vast majority are on the left with the enabling or blessing of the Democrat governors and mayors plus candidates and democratic leaders.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:51 AM

561 posts, read 1,513,014 times
Maybe, but at the least our President is actually doing SOMETHING, unlike Obama who accomplished absolutely NOTHING save racial division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies