Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 04:42 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
pretty much. they will defend ANYTHING trump, regardless of how inane it is. and they will attack everything on the other side of the spectrum, regardless of its merits and benefits.
Sounds familiar oh yeah! Clinton voters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 04:45 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
You guys know the OP is a WUMAO? Please don't feed him!!
What is a Wumao?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:08 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
History will disagree with you, and you will likely say one of the following:
-No they don't
-History is written by the biased left
-They are too stupid.

You asked for one good, one bad. I could write a book on it, but here are (at least) one of each:

Obama:
-Longest sustained growth in the history of America, and over the course of his 8 years, it was about the same average growth as we've seen under Trump, only Obama inherited a mess, and Trump inherited what I just described. In short, he turned around the mess from Bush-43.

Trump: Delcared victory in N. Korea, he got pwned by Kim. He BUNGLED the COVID crisis. Look at how the US did compared to most other countries. He is documented as the lyingest POTUS in history.

Trump did some good things too, I'll admit it. And He's also often taken out of context, but he shares some of the blame for that. He's the POTUS, he's not careful with his words, and when he speaks without thinking, it often costs lives, or US National Security. Fair or not, that's a fact. He needs to tighten up.
All I can say, with all due respect, is, regarding Obama, you're living in delusion-land. You deceive only yourself. Obama was a bum that actively worked to weaken America. It is sad, but overwhelmingly true.

Trump has done a magnificent job. Getting ahead of Covid with the Travel ban saved many hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of lives. Likewise deploying hospital ships and building hospitals in NYC, and spurring the manufacture of ventilators. He has orchestrated our defense like a maestro, all the while under constant Butt-Spew attacks by those that are in the Obama court. Every day another made-up crisis that melt away in the bright sunlight of truth. Had he had Congress and the media on his side, or at least neutral, far more could have been done. He has done great things in containing N. Korea - not perfect, but at least he engaged the problem.

Obama, BTW, is a bum, just so you know (which, no doubt, you already do).

If I can find 1 fault with Trump is that he sometimes goes a little far tweaking the libs.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:30 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
as an independent moderate, it's very clear to me.
no matter what trump does, you make excuses to justify his actions. just like what hard left leaning supporters of obama did for him.
Well, if people lie about what Trump says, or conflate, or repeat rumors and gossip, or other such dishonest tactics, yes, people will refute the false assertions. No shocker there.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:39 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
as an independent moderate, it's very clear to me.
no matter what trump does, you make excuses to justify his actions. just like what hard left leaning supporters of obama did for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
What is this gibberish?

"No matter what Trump does"?

"Make excuses to justify his actions"?

I might have an answer if the OP had a question.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:41 PM

311 posts, read 172,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What has Trump done wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
He beat Hillary for President
^Word^

And ^^there^^ ya have it, folks!

Say, “G’nite” Gracie ....

Old 09-15-2020, 05:41 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times
I don't support Trump on anything but plain and simply: HE'S GETTING MY VOTE. That's it.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
All I can say, with all due respect, is, regarding Obama, you're living in delusion-land. You deceive only yourself. Obama was a bum that actively worked to weaken America. It is sad, but overwhelmingly true.

Trump has done a magnificent job. Getting ahead of Covid with the Travel ban saved many hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of lives. Likewise deploying hospital ships and building hospitals in NYC, and spurring the manufacture of ventilators. He has orchestrated our defense like a maestro, all the while under constant Butt-Spew attacks by those that are in the Obama court. Every day another made-up crisis that melt away in the bright sunlight of truth. Had he had Congress and the media on his side, or at least neutral, far more could have been done. He has done great things in containing N. Korea - not perfect, but at least he engaged the problem.

Obama, BTW, is a bum, just so you know (which, no doubt, you already do).

If I can find 1 fault with Trump is that he sometimes goes a little far tweaking the libs.
Trump great job at handling COVID, contrast that with the H1N1 virus fiasco from the Obama administration.

Just hear the words from the Chief of Staff to Vice President Joe Biden:

May 14, 2019 C-SPAN (Go to time mark 1:07:00)

"I wasn't involved directly in the H1N1 response but I lived through it as a White House staffer and what I would say about it is a bunch of really talented, really great people were working on it and we did every possible thing wrong. Sixty million Americans got H1N1 during that period of time. It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It was just luck. "

Old 09-15-2020, 05:55 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
What is a Wumao?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Wu%20Mao

Old 09-15-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
exactly, I'm actually more right leaning and there are policies of trump's I agree with (tighter border and immigration policies for example) although I despise the man.
I have no issues calling out politicians on sides of the aisle, as many in this country are unable to do. we've been brainwashed and conditioned to blindly follow one party and condemn the other. this is tearing the country apart.
a lot of people voting for Trump do not like the way he trades verbal insults with the trolls and haters calling him a racist, a dictator, a traitor to the nation (during the Russian collusion hoax) etc...

Trump does not always act in ways most of think of as presidential, but his policies on trade, the economy, jobs, the virus, and foreign policy which is making strides towards peace no other president in forty years as ever done.

So Trump doesn't act presidential, I can overlook that, because his actions are presidential, in that they benefit the welfare, economic growth, and security of America.

I'm done with voting for politicians who read teleprompters well and sound presidential, when they end up only acting presidential, and their actions and polices are a detriment to the nation, and very end up being very unpresidential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies