Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 11:07 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
exactly, so it begs the question, what exactly is the endgame when it comes to COvid?
The end game remains the same.
Shut down the Economy
Force people into isolation and PUSH hard for Mass Junk Mail Voting. ... PanicDemic
OK to Riot, OK to go Grocery shopping -

Not OK to go to Church, Not OK to go to a Trump Rally, NOT OK TO VOTE IN PERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The article explicitly states that the CDC has not called for any new action. These are GUIDELINES. You are being given INFORMATION.

Don't follow them, your choice, just don't say that nobody warned you.
Looks like that Washington Post “warning lasted less than a day”.
Once again ... the CDC tells us they don’t actually know what they are doing.
Note all the weasel words they continually use, all the conflicting messages they say.

How COVID-19 Spreads
Updated Sept. 21, 2020 - CDC.org

[i][color=purple]A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website. CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.

COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person.[b] Some [/]people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus. We are still learning about how the virus spreads and the severity of illness it causes.

Person-to-person spread
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.

Wonder if they even know WHO at the CDC posted the “draft message in error”?
No doubt it’s a Leftist Obama Holdover.

This was corrected yesterday ..... somehow Washington Post & Other Media missed the correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 11:52 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Except when we compare the U.S. to other countries, we can see what practices are effective and what countries have done a poor job in dealing with this pandemic. Look at the difference in the death rates between countries in Southeast Asia and countries in Latin America. Countries in Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand had more initial contact with the early outbreak in China, but have much lower rates than Latin America countries that did not have their first cases until much later.
Which only means you have a different economic based number. You want to spend more than cheapest, shouting at a distance with a piece of cloth shielded the mouth from view, but less than most expensive living in a bubble. That deaths at the rate of countries in Latin America. Countries in Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand are acceptable because you are willing to pay just so much. And the joke from the OP is that once you get there it won't be enough because those deaths are on your head because you didn't want to spend more for the mobile bubble.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:06 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Which only means you have a different economic based number. You want to spend more than cheapest, shouting at a distance with a piece of cloth shielded the mouth from view, but less than most expensive living in a bubble. That deaths at the rate of countries in Latin America. Countries in Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand are acceptable because you are willing to pay just so much. And the joke from the OP is that once you get there it won't be enough because those deaths are on your head because you didn't want to spend more for the mobile bubble.
I want to spend more than the cheapest? Which countries spent more than the U.S. and which ones spent less. Look at the death rates of countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. Were they high or low spenders? I don't get your point.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:14 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
I want to spend more than the cheapest? Which countries spent more than the U.S. and which ones spent less. Look at the death rates of countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. Were they high or low spenders? I don't get your point.
You have a number, it is cheaper than the best. How many will you allow to die rather than spend whatever is necessary?

Old 09-22-2020, 12:47 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't worry. The Trump admin can't get American manufacturers to produce N95s in quantity and they sure as hell won't be able to get astronaut suits.

Manufacturs don't want to increase N95 production because it's expensive to buy new machinery, source materials and train new employees for something that the demand for may disappear when there's an effective vaccine.

There was a story a while back on NPR about a company that almost went out of business during H1N1 because they did everything needed to ramp up N95 production and was left holding the bag because their customers wouldn't pay the prices for American made PPE and bought from their Chinese competition instead.

The President has very limited control over things like that even if he does use executive orders or the defense production act.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We've needed N95s since the pandemic began. The Trump administration lied about that because they bungled the production of masks. To this day, they are hard to find even for our health care workers. The richest and largest manufacturing nation in history can't provide something as basic as adequate facial coverings. That is why they took down the science and are lying once again. The CDC has no credibility any more. It is nothing but a propaganda tool of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...top-table-main
Face the real facts. the Chinese bought all the N95 masks and the American company globalists allowed the Chinese to manufacture all the masks . Our globalist presidents did not look out for Americans.

It also takes special materials to manufacture N95's. Chinese Communists are still controlling the manufacturing of masks. Thank all those stupid globalists who wanted cheap labor at the cost of Americans safety and lives . This is the real facts. And the stupid democrats are loving China now.. the democrats blame Trump because the democrats have been bought by the Chinese Communists and can't even blame them for this stinking virus that has killed 200,000 Americans.. go to the root of the start of this.. Communist China.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Have you tried buying an N95 mask? Don't bother, there are none available in this country. I was able to order a box out of Hong Kong.
Uh huh, because N95 manufacturing, along with a ton of other manufacturing of finished goods, moved to Asia over the last 3 decades...prior to 2017. And who was called the economy killer for his tariffs on China, and who was doing the loudest accusing?

If you can't find N95 masks domestically, don't blame the guy who has been criticized for trying to on-shore our manufacturing away from China.
Quote:
This post deserves a negative rep!
Because it's true?

Prior to the Trump administration, starting in the 90s, manufacturing was moving overseas. Trump wasn't anywhere near the government until Jan 2017.

In 2009, the N95 stockpile was depleted because of the H1N1 thing, and budget considerations inside the stockpile budget was reprioritized and the N95 stockpile was never replenished. Now, Trump does like to claim the cupboard was left bare by Obama, and he did have 3 years to stock it since he was inaugurated, but Obama had 7 years as well.

Bottom line, hindsight paints Obama worse than Trump where that stockpile is concerned. Don't blame me, I am simply reporting the facts.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rce=reddit.com

So basically priming us now for even more restrictions. Now they are saying we need different types of masks (so the cloth ones that have your favorite football team or college on the front that most people are wearing probably don't fly) and we have to keep "ten feet apart" or whatever. Full face shields or even full body suits probably won't be out of the question eventually
Makes sense. They have to up the narrative to try to prevent in person voting.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:08 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times
Lets just all wear bee keeper suites.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:08 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Yeah, they can F off. I caught it before the masks were handed out and all these safeguards were in place. I had it and I'm immune now. Or I've caught it again but the symptoms are not there so I don't even know it. I loosen my mask so it fits loosely over my mouth and nose. VERY loosely. I know masks are pointless, the thing is airborne. You breathe, you catch it or tpass it to others. And the 6 feet was always completely arbitrary and pointless as well. 20 feet was a reasonable distance that was effective, much less if outdoors. But that was not doable in any business, it was all just for a feeling of safety like a security blanket. I won't wear a mask that I can't breathe in. No CO2 poisoning for me. The rest of you can overheat your brains and go without oxygen. They want you dumbed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies