Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 03:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So basically priming us now for even more restrictions. Now they are saying we need different types of masks (so the cloth ones that have your favorite football team or college on the front that most people are wearing probably don't fly) and we have to keep "ten feet apart" or whatever. Full face shields or even full body suits probably won't be out of the question eventually
Every time someone (anyone) says something, you react like the world is coming to an end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 03:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
*herman Caine has left the chat
Exactly.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:58 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,468,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is nothing new. They say that our cloth masks should consist of an outer layer that's resistant to moisture (from coughs, sneezes) with an inner filter layer and a third layer of absorbent cotton next to our faces. And they've been saying that the tiny particles can get sucked up into a ventilation system and end up in another room or drop right down onto your restaurant table.

That's why I won't eat indoors at a restaurant. Even though the fear mongers want you to think we'll be wearing masks forever, I bet things will really ease up once the vaccine is available. At that point, the most vulnerable will be better protected and the kiddies who think they won't get it can go out and party! (Well, they shouldn't but the results won't be so bad as they would have once the most vulnerable are protected by a vaccine and there are better treatments.)
When mask mandates are imposed without sunset dates (with the possibility of renewal if circumstances warrant) or explicitly defined criteria for repeal, it's not fear-mongering to be concerned about those mandates becoming eternal or recurring every flu season. If they're really going to be temporary, let's make that as clear as possible and allay some of the concerns.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:05 PM

14,005 posts, read 5,660,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
These three dozen companies put all their eggs into one China basket and screwed us all as far as I’m concerned.
Long before Trump was President, and nobody is a bigger friend of China than the guy running against Trump.

If the mask thing bugs you, Biden is far more culpable for the current mask manufacturing environment being the way it is.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:41 PM

2,873 posts, read 1,156,111 times
At the rate this is going, we'll all be wearing astronaut suits by November.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:48 PM

798 posts, read 505,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Told you.

Since March.

I don't need apologies for the endless attacks when I posted that, over and over again. I'll just bask in the glory of knowing that I told you, and you were wrong.

Now that you know the stupid masks do nothing for you, (as I repeatedly said), will you start getting the hell back from people? You don't need to be up in their space. Even if you get an N95 mask, stay the hell out of my space.
Summer is winding down, and Halloween is coming.
Time to put on my Darth Vader mask and wear a cloth mask underneath it.
No one cares if I walk around as Darth Vader (the mask has a microphone and it talks and chants also)

Old 09-21-2020, 05:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 3,528,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We've needed N95s since the pandemic began. The Trump administration lied about that because they bungled the production of masks. To this day, they are hard to find even for our health care workers. The richest and largest manufacturing nation in history can't provide something as basic as adequate facial coverings. That is why they took down the science and are lying once again. The CDC has no credibility any more. It is nothing but a propaganda tool of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...top-table-main
People like me with asthma and other breathing problems definitely cannot wear N95 masks. They used to even put a warning on them about such a thing.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:11 PM

28 posts, read 284,214 times
Trust me when I tell you, this is "misinformation".

Old 09-21-2020, 05:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,828,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
exactly, so it begs the question, what exactly is the endgame when it comes to COvid?
When 50-70% of the population are inoculated with an effective vaccine.

Good luck with that.

Maybe Trump, Melania, Barron, 4 adult children, theor spouses/ partners and All grandchildren can all be vaccinated on live TV with an independently verified vaccine.

Set the tone at the top.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:43 PM

12,410 posts, read 8,197,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When 50-70% of the population are inoculated with an effective vaccine.

Good luck with that.

Maybe Trump, Melania, Barron, 4 adult children, theor spouses/ partners and All grandchildren can all be vaccinated on live TV with an independently verified vaccine.

Set the tone at the top.
Set the tone or not it would take Jenny McCarthy to get the anti's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies