Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 08:43 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You have to be ignorant of the law to not see that there is a case against this kid. I don’t know if there will be a conviction but a case certainly exists.
To not try this case would be a travesty. It needs to be heard. People are dead and severely injured.

Given the facts, it will be great to show them (and others) in court and let "the media" report on it...all sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 08:47 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I've watched the videos and I'm aware of Rosenbaum's criminal past. "Child rapist" might or might not be accurate, we simply don't know and it's also irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Someone being a "bad guy" doesn't bolster a self-defense claim.
Rosenbaum raped 5 young boys:
https://kenoshareporter.com/stories/...records-reveal

He was a vile piece of crap who deserved to die.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:53 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
You have to be ignorant of the law to not see that there is a case against this kid. I don’t know if there will be a conviction but a case certainly exists.
To not try this case would be a travesty. It needs to be heard. People are dead and severely injured.
Ummmm....I'm hardly "ignorant of the law", and not anywhere did I even infer the case should not go to trial. It certainly should. That was a serious stretch on your part man.

And I believe the trial will result in acquittal. I have been involved in a self defense shooting, so calling me ignorant I take pretty personal like. Especially since you put words in my mouth as well.

The ignorance here is not mine. You need to back up a piece and settle that horse down pard.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
If the "paramedic" who Rittenhouse shot in the arm is actually a felon - it seems pretty obviously illegal that he was carrying a pistol.

Even if he's not a felon, his having the pistol should be investigated for legality.
What was he trying to do with that pistol ? It looks to me like he was trying to get it pointed at the Kidd's head !!! That's more than just carrying a pistol !!!

Old 09-23-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What was he trying to do with that pistol ? It looks to me like he was trying to get it pointed at the Kidd's head !!! That's more than just carrying a pistol !!!
He also made statements to a friend later while he was in the hospital that he "regretted not killing the kid " that the friend relayed via Twitter.

As much as it may displease the leftists Rittenhouse has far more than just a strong defense case.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:10 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
why? Had he not had the gun, he would be dead today. did you see that monster that first attacked him?

i wonder if the protesters he treated for their wounds regretted his being there to help them?
I wonder if the people whose property would rather their property have been burned to the ground.... and their lives ruined ?

I wonder why anyone is worried about the thugs that attacked him
Why? Because it likely feels bad to kill someone/anyone. Maybe he doesn't feel bad, maybe he is happy he killed someone. I don't know and I asked the question. I was wondering if he spoke about regretting being there that night.
Have you ever killed someone in self defense? Did you feel bad or think that had you not been there it wouldn't have happened? Or were you happy that a person you didn't think was worth living is now dead.

I have never shot a gun at another person and I wonder how you process it.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 AM

23,649 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Self-defense laws have very specific parameters surrounding them. 2 of the 3 shootings are pretty obviously self-defense, IMO. The first shooting is much less obvious, IMO.

Trials are where these questions are sorted out and decided upon.

I do not look to a defense team, any defense team in any scenario, to present an unbiased opinion - nor should they.

I'm unsure why this is controversial in any way.
Yes they do and it appears that he meets the parameters.

He tried to run away from threats. He only shot when he was attacked and felt his life was in danger. In all three instances the three guys tried to grab his gun, which would be reasonable to think they would have used it against him if they got it away from him. We won't know until the trial if it was legal for Kyle to carry that gun, though it appears it was legal for him to have it.

Rosenbaum, the first man shot, and killed
Huber, the second man shot, and killed
Grosskreutz, the third man shot, and wounded

Just minutes before the shooting both Rosenbaum and Kyle were at a corner gas station. Kyle helped put out a dumpster fire that was allegedly started by Rosenbaum.
Kyle then leaves the gas station and was traveling down the street in the direction of the car lot, Rosenbaum follows him. At some point Rosenbaum takes his t-shirt off and wraps it around his face, possibly to avoid being recognized in videos that many were taking. He then starts chasing Kyle and they end up in the car lot. Kyle had been trying to run away from him and when they got in between the cars Kyle turns after hearing a gun shot. Rosenbaum is directly behind Kyle and begins grabbing at his gun. Kyle then shoots him. We do not know yet if the shot that killed Rosenbaum came from Kyles weapon or from another weapon, from someone in the mob. We won't know until the full autopsy is released. Kyle then gets on the phone to someone. Then he sees the mob coming so he begins to run.

As Kyle is running away, Grosskreutz is running beside him and video streaming. He asks Kyle where he's going and Kyle says he's going to the cops, who were sitting in their vehicles right down the street.

Kyle is running down the street and someone hits him on the back of the head. Kyle stumbles and falls. Some guy then kicks Kyle in the head and Kyle shoots but misses the guy.

Kyle is on the ground and cannot run when Huber rushes in and hits Kyle with his skateboard, hitting Kyle on either his shoulder or his head. Then Huber begins to try to grab Kyle's gun. Kyle then shoots and kills Huber.

Grosskreutz, who knows Kyle is headed towards the cops, then approaches Kyle with a gun in his hand. Kyle does not immediately shoot at him. Grosskreutz then puts his hands up while still holding his gun, Kyle still doesn't shoot him. Then Grosskreutz ,while still holding his gun, drops his hands down and begins rushing at Kyle and tries grabbing his gun. Kyle then shoots him in the arm.

Kyle then continues down to where the cops and NG are sitting in their vehicles. He approaches two different vehicles and each time the cops tell him, via loudspeaker, to stay away from the vehicles...seems they were on stand down orders. Kyle then goes home and turns himself in to the cops there.

All of this can be seen in the videos, and the initial witness of his encounter with Rosenbaum.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Why? Because it likely feels bad to kill someone/anyone. Maybe he doesn't feel bad, maybe he is happy he killed someone. I don't know and I asked the question. I was wondering if he spoke about regretting being there that night.
Have you ever killed someone in self defense? Did you feel bad or think that had you not been there it wouldn't have happened? Or were you happy that a person you didn't think was worth living is now dead.

I have never shot a gun at another person and I wonder how you process it.
Oh you may wonder on it. But you dont really want to know. Even if the person you have to shoot to defend yourself is an obvious fleabag who both needed and deserved shooting you second guess yourself for life.

The only happy feeling that comes out of it comes when you come home and hug your loved ones. And the second guessing is offset by the fact you did indeed come home to them.

And you realize that if you didnt send that shot you wouldn't have. And that's what you hold on to so as to also hold on to your sanity.

That is all I have to say....

Old 09-23-2020, 09:27 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh you may wonder on it. But you dont really want to know. Even if the person you have to shoot to defend yourself is an obvious fleabag who both needed and deserved shooting you second guess yourself for life.

The only happy feeling that comes out of it comes when you come home and hug your loved ones. And the second guessing is offset by the fact you did indeed come home to them.

And you realize that if you didnt send that shot you wouldn't have. And that's what you hold on to so as to also hold on to your sanity.

That is all I have to say....
You are wrong. I really do want to know. For the posters who are schooled in such matters-how do you justify it or did you regret it.
So you don't regret it and you feel you did the correct thing. Interesting.
I know combat soldiers but that is a different scenario. It is requires a ton of therapy and tends to include lots of regret.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:37 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times
Quote:
If you believe that, by all means, spell out the legal basis for charges against this kid. Explain why his actions are not covered by self defense.

Lawyers across the country would struggle to pull this off, so I want to see what you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies