Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 01:44 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You guys always act so surprised that Trump is being accused of these things, as if he doesn't have a thick record of this behavior going back most of his life. Why do you ignore it? Why do you ignore what you see and hear? Somewhere inside, at least some of you know things have gone too far, right? That none of this is okay? That the direction we're going in is dangerous? I need to know there's still hope for a better future beyond all this.

Yes Trump has his issues, his problems. He is not the orator that Obama was. He starts many of his own problems and the Lefty media pounds him for it.

I like Trump as millions of voters do and we do not ignore his short comings but when it comes down to it we will still vote for him because Trump is the only person standing in the way of the Democrats destroying America with their schemes.

There is always hope for a better future and it begins with MAGA.

Our nation has no future if the keys to the kingdom are handed over to people that would burn it all down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 01:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
These states require their Electors to vote based on the election results. The violation of the law is only $1000. FairVote - States that bind electors
Seems like a longshot for Trump to do this. States will undermine their own citizens most states are not using "universal mail" that are battleground who Trump could attempt to influence a win for him. The states where he has the most influence are mostly going to vote for him anyway. Why would any of the do what he wants based on fraudulent mail in system they created? Of all the conspiracy theories how Trump will steal the election this one would be the lowest probable way.

Alabama (Code of Ala. §17-19-2)
Alaska (Alaska Stat. §15.30.090)
California (Election Code §6906)
Colorado (CRS §1-4-304)
Connecticut (Conn. Gen. Stat. §9-176)
Delaware (15 Del C §4303)
District of Columbia (§1-1312(g))
Florida (Fla. Stat. §103.021(1))
Hawaii (HRS §14-28)
Maine (21-A MRS §805)
Maryland (Md Ann Code art 33, §8-505)
Massachusetts (MGL, ch. 53, §8)
Michigan (MCL §168.47)
Mississippi (Miss Code Ann §23-15-785)
Montana (MCA §13-25-104)
Nebraska (§32-714)
Nevada (NRS §298.050)
New Mexico (NM Stat Ann §1-15-9)
North Carolina (NC Gen Stat §163-212)
Ohio (ORC Ann §3505.40)
Oklahoma (26 Okl St §10-102)
Oregon (ORS §248.355)
South Carolina (SC Code Ann §7-19-80)
Tennessee (Tenn Code Ann §2-15-104(c))
Utah (Utah Code Ann §20A-13-304)
Vermont (17 VSA §2732)
Virginia (§24.2-203)
Washington (RCW §29.71.020)
Wisconsin (Wis Stat §7.75)
Wyoming (Wyo Stat §22-19-108)
Did we all forget the extreme pressure the electors were under in 2016 by the Democrats?

Democrats dream up these scenarios because that's what they do... that's how they think...and then they apply their thinking to others and accuse them of doing what they themselves would do.

Dec 2016 - Electors under siege

The nation’s 538 presidential electors have been thrust into the political foreground like never before in American history. In the aftermath of a uniquely polarizing presidential contest, the once-anonymous electors are squarely in the spotlight, targeted by death threats, harassing phone calls and reams of hate mail. One Texas Republican elector said he’s been bombarded with more than 200,000 emails.

“I never can imagine harassing people like this. It’s just f----- up,” said Jim Rhoades, a Republican elector from Michigan who runs a home inspection service. “I’ve lost a bunch of business.”

Old 09-23-2020, 01:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
This is stupid. The Left accepted the results of the 2016 election.
No, it didn't. What planet are you on?

Old 09-23-2020, 01:46 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
You vote Demolib too, yes? Did you vote for Hillery in 2016, yes?
I have voted for candidates on both sides. Republicans more on the local level, mostly Democrats at the national. I'm socially liberal, so the anti-LGBT, anti-immigrant, anti-science, etc. stuff is never going to fly with me, and given that the national GOP is basically just another version of the Taliban in terms of religious nuttiness, I just can't support them. Locally, however, I have voted for some Republican candidates on fiscal responsibility issues. Of course, that was all before Donald Trump and the entire GOP and virtually all Republicans sold their souls to him. I'm a registered independent for a reason. No political party gets my allegiance, and I can't imagine being so awed by a single human being, let alone a politician of all things, that I would be willing to abandon everything I believe in to keep supporting them without question. My principles matter more to me than any one man or woman, and no one gets to ask me to give them up for them.

Then again, if so many people were willing to give them up for Trump, then maybe they didn't really believe them to begin with. Maybe all they really wanted was someone to follow.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:49 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,936 times
What bathroom wall did you have your ear stuck to listening to this blockbuster story?

Old 09-23-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
So how exactly do I know an Ohio elector, a Republican, who has been approached about this very proposal?
You don't. There would be no reason to approach electors about something that ACCORDING TO YOU would be done by state representatives.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:50 PM

20,110 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
If your only defense is "anonymous sources", you have no defense. Especially since it's been confirmed to be happening with state electors. I hope to god something like this isn't attempted during the election, because if it does, the protests and violence that happened over the summer will look like a mild clearing of the throat in comparison to what would happen. Such an act would fit the very definition of a political coup, and while there are a lot of traitors in Trumper and Republican circles who would excuse it, many would not let American democracy go without a fight.
credibility would require the names of the electors who have been involved, who contacted them (Names), who did they notify when it happened, yada yada yada....sadly your post provided nothing but a home made Magic 8 Ball.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Name any way that Democrats are trying to steal the election, with any specific example whatsoever.
1. An avalanche of fake news.
2. Mail-in voting.
3. Immigration.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:54 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it didn't. What planet are you on?
"Not my President!"

Remember that one? These past four years have been nothing but political coup attempts. I mean , look at all the baseless accusations and impeachment failures. Just pouring through every letter for something, Anything , to keep harassing the President. And now they gonna use the death of RBG to create drama.

They have no strength of their own except opposing something. And when there is nothing reasonable to oppose, they make it up.

Vote him out if you got the juice like a normal human being. But don't sit here and tell me they are some gatekeeper of morality and the shortcomings of this Country are grounds for the level of Bloodly revolution,..lol.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:57 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,936 times
The only thing Trump and his supporters ARE planning is the beat down the protesters will be getting after TRUMP wins again....and there will be some beat downs if any protest result in law breaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies