Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 02:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It does happen from time to time the website fairvote.org says laws should be changed it would require a amendment to the constitution. " The 2000 election, Barbara Lett-Simmons, an elector for the District of Columbia, cast a blank ballot for president and vice president in protest of the District’s unfair voting rights. " Although not wide spread.
SCOTUS just ruled earlier this year that faithless electors still had to vote for the winner of their respective states. This obviously plays right into ensuring a conservative supermajority SCOTUS. If Trump lost the election, but had the electors go against the vote, who would stop him if he had SCOTUS and the Senate on his side, even in a lame duck session? It would be a massive constitutional crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 02:26 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
I sure hope he does. He will then see people turn their backs on him.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakefront16 View Post
Let’s hope it is TRUE!

Best d*mn thing that could happen to the US!
The end of democracy? I mean, I guess I should be thankful many of you are finally being honest about how you feel about our constitutional foundations, but it somehow doesn't make it any better.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I sure hope he does. He will then see people turn their backs on him.
His supporters will seemingly never turn their backs on him. You see many people actively cheering for the end of American democracy in this thread solely because it would benefit Trump.

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I heard the same thing about four years ago when Republicans were saying that there were plans by the Democrats to keep Obama in office even after his term ended.

Honestly, this is the kind of thing that gives all conspiracy theories a bad name.

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...1s5oq9l3T-wPyM

The Trump campaign is discussing plans to ask state representatives to set aside the election results in their state and select Trump electors *even if Trump loses the vote in their state.*

I wish this were just another dumb conspiracy theory, but sadly, it isn't. I know a Republican with Ohio's EC who has already been approached by the Trump campaign about this, apparently to suss out those loyal to him and willing to subvert the voters should he lose.
Let me guess, one of the Liberal Hate News Channels or Libs new favorite, The Atlantic rag magazine!

Old 09-23-2020, 02:28 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Well, I'm sure you have piles of evidence on DNA and other crime scene information to prove that, and if so, maybe you should provide all of that to the proper authorities. I'm sure you wouldn't just let 5 criminals walk free if you have all of that case-cracking evidence that no one else has.
I don't have any special evidence. Most of the evidence is all available on the Internet including their videotaped confessions.

https://centralpark5joggerattackers....pTJYTyvbc82XYM

And the "proper authorities" convicted them on the basis of this evidence. They were releases for racist political reasons, not as a result of any finding by a judge or jury an an adversarial proceeding. By the way, after they were released, they sued the City, and Mayor Bloomberg -- remember him? -- refused to settle because they were so clearly guilty. Of course, as soon as DeBlasio took over he rewarded these animals with a big pot of gold.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:28 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's not Republicans that riot and burn stuff down every time they lose.
We don't know who it is that riots and burns stuff down. If you have links or sources, please share. I've been begging for links for months, and have yet to see anything.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The left has been trying that for years.

You’ve been answered many times. You just don’t like what you hear.
I've asked many times for examples of how the Left is trying to destroy American democracy, but so far, there are no takers. You want to give it a shot?

And no, I generally really dislike the idea of being giddy over the destruction of America's foundations to benefit one guy.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:30 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes Trump has his issues, his problems. He is not the orator that Obama was. He starts many of his own problems and the Lefty media pounds him for it.

I like Trump as millions of voters do and we do not ignore his short comings but when it comes down to it we will still vote for him because Trump is the only person standing in the way of the Democrats destroying America with their schemes.

There is always hope for a better future and it begins with MAGA.

Our nation has no future if the keys to the kingdom are handed over to people that would burn it all down.
Those people burning it all down. Just who are they again? I think I missed it. If you have links or sources, please share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies