Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 02:22 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
How do you figure that? No "expert" has suggested he could have done anything more to mitigate the impact of the virus.
How about
1) been honest from day 1 about the severity and impact, not trying to play it down as he himself admits.
2) not disparage mask wearing, which inhibits transmission. We’ll also put not having events where thousands of unmasked people gather in this category.
3) not undermine the efforts of the experts in his administration trying to provide guidance to the public.

I could go on, but I have other things to do.

He’s done virtually nothing to help the situation and has actively worked against those that are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 02:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
"I'm totally nuts and voting for Joe Biden, and you should too."

Old 09-27-2020, 02:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The GOP today is not a conservative party. It does not stand for balanced budgets. The military has continued to deteriorate under Trump and we kowtow to our adversaries. He attacks the dignity of the military, the judiciary and the free press, all pillars of the Republic in different ways. Having someone who thinks the Constitution is for his service and not the other way around is not conservative. He doesn't support free enterprise, rather, subsidies, tax credits and tax breaks continue and in some areas have increased.
This is all so true, but you have an entire party either ignorant, willfully ignorant, or in denial. There is a pathology at work here that is built on a foundation of propaganda and groupthink.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:50 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
"As a conservative, I will be voting for Joe Biden and here is why you should too"

BS - You're not even close to being a conservative. Even a moderate would not vote for the D party platform....

Nice try though.

I'm not sure if CD just skews alt-right, but I know plenty of republicans who have Biden signs in their front yard. Joe Biden is most assuredly more conservative than DJT. If you can't see that then you probably shouldn't be discussing politics with anyone.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
A vote for Biden is really a vote for Kamala for President. I will be voting for Trump. The Democrats have become too far left for me. I don't particularly care for Trump's comments or personality, but I like most of his policies and prefer him over those like AOC, Omar, etc. waiting in the wings.
Harris still didn't kill tens of thousands of not hundred of thousands of Americans like Trump has by mishandling the pandemic.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:54 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Compared to what?

You didn't see how much worse it would have been under Hillary of Biden, but look at Cuomo and Whitmer if you want some idea.
Actually things are going better in NY and MI than say FL or SD.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:01 PM

445 posts, read 168,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
How about
1) been honest from day 1 about the severity and impact, not trying to play it down as he himself admits.
2) not disparage mask wearing, which inhibits transmission. We’ll also put not having events where thousands of unmasked people gather in this category.
3) not undermine the efforts of the experts in his administration trying to provide guidance to the public.

I could go on, but I have other things to do.

He’s done virtually nothing to help the situation and has actively worked against those that are.
1. Numb nuts, it didn't "play it down". You called him a xenophobic for taking it seriously .when he implanted the China ban in January
2. Dr. Fauci and the Surgeon General said NOT THAT LONG AGO masks weren't necessary.
3. If anyone "underestimated" the virus, Dr Fauci did by saying in January no one should feel threatened by it.

Last edited by UserNam3; 09-27-2020 at 03:21 PM..

Old 09-27-2020, 03:03 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"I'm totally nuts and voting for Joe Biden, and you should too."

even big business leaders are choosing Biden over Trump 3-to-1. They know that if this train wreck continues to play out for another 4 years, they might have to move to China or Canada. They know that Trump has become the swamp, and only cares about his stock-dumping GOP friends in the Senate.

https://som.yale.edu/news/2020/09/ce...ovid-and-china

Old 09-27-2020, 03:12 PM

464 posts, read 202,790 times
If you're voting for Biden, you're NOT a conservative. Do kid yourself.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:15 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
To use a football analogy, America currently has a 2-8 WL record. And Trump is our QB. I believe it would be a wise strategy to let another QB, Joe Biden, to start. America is dealing with an economic crisis, a pandemic, racial tensions are rising, etc. Let Biden finish off the season. Even if he ends up with an 8-8 record we can say it's still a disgrace and we can groom another QB. We can have an actual authentic republican candidate ready for the next election. This Trump experiment is a complete and utter failure and we must abandon ship. Trump is galvanizing groups like BLM and other liberal movements. These groups are strong because Trump antagonizes them. He doesn't have a scintilla of diplomacy. He's not even a conservative. I don't know how we allowed him to just hijack our party like this. America is in dire situations because of Trump. Stop deceiving yourself and vote Biden. A vote for Biden is just a punt. A stratagem. A chess move. We will eventually get the ball back.
First of all, I have nothing but your word that you're a Republican. And you have nothing but my word that I am neither and generally have equal contempt for both parties. That has shifted of late, with the Democrats endorsing completely insane ideas. If we're going with the football analogy, the current QB -- who is as fake a Republican as you've ever seen before -- was hanging 21 points on the board in the first, second and third quarters of the game. Granted, he's like Terrell Owens. He's a guy who you'd love to have on your team for getting the job done, but you desperately want to duck tape his mouth shut.

Black Lives Matter and Antifa gained legitimacy and power under Barack Obama and Joe Biden. As they're trying to burn down the whole damn country, Kamala the Horrible and her brain dead meat puppet are cheering them on, encouraging people to give them money and gushing praises all over them. Do you think a President Kamala is going to stop them? They're too busy trying to convince these psychotic little terrorists to vote for them! Why would they lift a finger to try to stop them?

Do you think that the VP from the administration where three out of four years were the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression, or would you put in the guy whose management of the economy had the economy soaring to heights everyone insisted were impossible before he took office? Which one do you trust to bring the economy back from mess the Chinese Kung Flu made? Which one can you trust to put America first and China, Mexico, the Middle East and other countries a distant second? Which one is more likely to get us into another foreign war? Who is more likely to bring home the troops from all of the 170+ nations where US military is currently stationed? Trump has been trying to get us out of Iraq, Germany, Afghanistan and other countries. Establishment Republicans and Democrats like Biden and Horrible Harris have been fighting him tooth and nail about it.

I think you'd have to be crazy to bet on blue this year. Those people are completely insane. The thing the Democrats desperately need is to get absolutely crushed do they can abandon their bad ideas sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies