Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 05:59 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's fake posted by fake news.
^^^Highly doubtful. Actually that is a fake defense.

The NYT article was a highly revealing bit of news about a fake businessman, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 06:00 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Trump has an army of lawyers and accountants that look for every possible advantage of the tax laws. I honestly do not see what the big deal is. If I was a billionaire I would be doing the same thing. The bottom line is this is a smear piece on Trump. This will not affect anything!
Would a real billionaire care if they had to pay hundreds of thousands or even millions in taxes? That would be chump change in comparison. The only reason to start getting that frugal is because you are worried about it.

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
This is why I'm not a fan of looking at personal income taxes. Both of these statements can be true.
Bezos 'makes' billions a year but takes a salary of $84,000. He does NOT pay taxes on billions. Net even capital gains.
Surely the NYTimes knows this and they're being disingenuous, or they're counting on low intelligence readers to not understand
Bezos is not the President of the United States

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Hey, y'all are the ones who want high taxes.

So shut up and pay them already.

But don't get all misty eyed hissy fits over those of us who don't think they should pay high taxes are smart enough to figure out how not to.

And BTW..... just a little clue for you:

INCOME is taxed differently from WEALTH..

When you figure out the difference between the two, maybe that vein in your temple will stop throbbing.
We all knew trump never worked. No new revelation there.

130,418 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Let's see.

"Trump colluded with Russia" produced nothing.

"Putin had something on him and was controlling him" fell on its face.

"Mueller finally has the good, and will GET TRUMP next week" blew up in the liberals' faces and made them a laughingstock.

The "Steele Dossier" turned out to be foreign propaganda bought and paid for by the Democrats, and produced nothing.

"Your USSC nomination is a drunk and a sexual predator" ran out of accusers and facts before Kavanaugh even took the stands, and he rubbed their noses in it.

And now... the Democrats finally steal a copy of Trump's tax returns, only to find that, even after continuous audits for 17 or more years, the IRS finds he's more honest and law-abiding than the Dems themselves are.

Liberals, may I make a suggestion? Maybe you folks should take up Tic-tac-toe. It's hard to screw that up as much as you've screwed up everything else you've tried.
Maybe Trump should take it up, as he has screwed up all his businesses ( bankrupt & lawsuits), & is still being investigated for tax frauds. Not my idea of a successful man.

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^Highly doubtful.

It is, however revealing news about a fake businessman.

Post proof that it's real taxes. Oh ye they didn't post any evidence that it's real. So until and unless they do, it's fake news. They have been caught many times posting fake news.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:01 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
So long as he is not breaking the laws, I don't care how much Trump pays, or doesn't pay.

I know he did increase taxes for some people, because I'm not even able to itemize anymore. I don't get any sizeable deductions now, and I used to get pages of them; as a top 2%'er who owned multiple properties, and a business.

Also, Trump increased the tax revenues flowing in to the federal gov't for his first 3 years in office...so he did increase taxes, and also repatriated $1T from offshore that he collected taxes upon (at a reduced rate to incentivize them to do so).

All of this just makes me want to vote for Trump even more. MAGA KAGA
You would 100% not care if he broke any laws. This goes for all Trump supporters.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM

1,803 posts, read 936,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We all knew trump never worked. No new revelation there.
Trump is suppose to be the Savior of the Blue-Collar working man. Yet NEVER Held a Blue-Collar job in his life.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It truly is laughable that the left thinks this hurts Trump

As I mentioned, he boasted in 2016 that paying little in taxes shows that he’s smart. This is no shocker.
No, if you had to lose many millions of dollars on the way to paying no taxes every year, that sure isn't smart. If you can't run your businesses successfully, you could end up with nothing to base any taxes upon.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Post proof that it's real taxes. Oh ye they didn't post any evidence that it's real. So until and unless they do, it's fake news. They have been caught many times posting fake news.
looker...that's so sad, it's not 'fake news' and in your heart you know it. You can't save Dear Leader, he is his own worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies