Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 02:49 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times

Advertisements

I think he is saying it was not fair to the democrats to have them put such a weak candidate up against Trump. If they want to be fair, they need to put someone better in the debate against him. At least that is how I thought he meant when he said it.

Maybe he means they should put up the real presidential candidate Kamela Harris since Biden would not really be president for long if they were to win.

I am not sure whether Kamela Harris has any courtroom experience (many prosecutors don't) but if she is good in a courtroom, Trump does not want to debate her. She will crush him. This was a shootshow with both parties having terrible performances and looking somewhat buffoonish. Put a seasoned litigator in there who is used to this kind of scrap, and you will have an unbalanced fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 02:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It would be fine if Trump pulls out of the next two debates. Biden could have the stage all to himself, answering questions and calmly making the case to a national audience that he is the only adult running.

Maybe the only dog-face pony soldier running.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:53 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
[

Can the president get the Democrats to change to Sanders as their nominee?

2020 Presidential Debate Schedule

October 7 Vice Presidential Debate Vice President Mike Pence and Senator Kamala Harris.
in Salt Lake City

October 15
, the second Presidential debate Miami

October 22 final Presidential debate in Nashville.
Can the Democrats achieve it, even better?

Old 10-01-2020, 02:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Trump put all his eggs in the "Biden has dementia" basket and when that didn't pan out he literally had nothing else. Because it's not like he has any policy ideas or even plans on where he wants to take the country in the next four years that he can talk about. He doesn't think about things any more complicated than will fit in a Tweet. He's an empty suit whose only talent is in being able to con people into thinking he's smart and successful.

He has no ability to hold a real debate about real issues and he knows it. He's going to bail.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I guess enough people told Trump that he looked like a jerk and he decided he wants to debate someone else. He needs to put on big boys pants and try to act like a grown up. I hope Biden keeps smirking at him.
Agreed. He doesn't get another nominee. Big baby.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:00 PM

15,979 posts, read 7,039,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody throws shade like Trump.

That's why we love him.

It is not shade that he throws. It is tantrum. He needs a good spanking.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And there you have it--Trump's excuse for turning tail and running out on the next two debates. Either you let me to do whatever I want whenever I want or I won't come!

And all these months we've been hearing how Biden would be the one trying to get out of the debates. It seems Trump has no confidence in himself if his key tools of chaos and disruption are not allowed. What other conclusion could you draw but that he is afraid of Biden?

Old 10-01-2020, 03:04 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody throws shade like Trump.

That's why we love him.

So much truth in so few words.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Trump put all his eggs in the "Biden has dementia" basket and when that didn't pan out he literally had nothing else. Because it's not like he has any policy ideas or even plans on where he wants to take the country in the next four years that he can talk about. He doesn't think about things any more complicated than will fit in a Tweet. He's an empty suit whose only talent is in being able to con people into thinking he's smart and successful.

He has no ability to hold a real debate about real issues and he knows it. He's going to bail.
I agree!

Old 10-01-2020, 03:24 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Trump put all his eggs in the "Biden has dementia" basket...
Spending months lowering the bar for one's opponent is a dumb move? Who could've guessed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies