Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 04:17 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And there you have it--Trump's excuse for turning tail and running out on the next two debates. Either you let me to do whatever I want whenever I want or I won't come!

And all these months we've been hearing how Biden would be the one trying to get out of the debates. It seems Trump has no confidence in himself if his key tools of chaos and disruption are not allowed. What other conclusion could you draw but that he is afraid of Biden?

I liked the part when DJT alluded to how "SMART" he is. "Don't ever use the word smart with me, don't ever use that word."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 04:26 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump tweeted that he may not participate in the other two debates if the microphones are cut off.
Pelosi is out there again saying that Biden should recuse more debates...Biden should be “one and done” she said....so it isn’t just President Trump saying he’d rather pass.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:36 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Djt, petulant. A rule breaker.

He should welcome more rules...he doesn't abide by them anyways....

Old 10-01-2020, 04:48 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Pelosi is out there again saying that Biden should recuse more debates...Biden should be “one and done” she said....so it isn’t just President Trump saying he’d rather pass.
Has Biden said it though? AFAIK, Pelosi is not in charge of Biden's campaign.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:06 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump put all his eggs in the "Biden has dementia" basket and when that didn't pan out he literally had nothing else. Because it's not like he has any policy ideas or even plans on where he wants to take the country in the next four years that he can talk about. He doesn't think about things any more complicated than will fit in a Tweet. He's an empty suit whose only talent is in being able to con people into thinking he's smart and successful.

He has no ability to hold a real debate about real issues and he knows it. He's going to bail.
Yup.
The entire dementia charge he started was all defensive. Joe Biden has debated effectively for many years in the Senate, and during many campaigns. He debated in this election's primaries more times than in the past, as there were many more debates.

Joe had 3 years of lay-off, so his debate skills were rusty at first, but after some practice, they sharpened again. Trump knew that very well, and Trump won't ever prepare for any debate. His nature simply cannot accept abiding by anyone's rules other than his own.

I never believed he thought he could beat Joe Biden. Trump never thought he could beat Bernie Sanders either, but he knew Sanders wouldn't ever become the nominee as soon as early polling showed him Sanders had no chances of winning the nomination.

That's when he suddenly began saying he wanted to debate Sanders. And began calling Joe senile. Both have never been more than a coward's way of protecting himself.

He will surely try to find other excuses, but Trump wants no repeat debate. He came out of this one whipped by his own words, and he won't subject himself to another whipping.

If he must, he will come up with something ridiculous, just to avoid another debate. Another debate will only be the same brutal attack as we all saw once, and it will only damage Trump once more.

I think the committee should just call the others off, allow the VPs to have their debate, and call it quits at that.
The citizens don't want to watch another horror show, so the committee should have the dignity to respect the common man and stop the debates. Nothing of value can come out of any of them, except for the vP debate and we need no more insults to our dignity, common decency, and intelligence.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Link? I only see her saying that before the debate.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:18 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Link? I only see her saying that before the debate.
From Bloomberg TV, today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HKdGgrZ0oWE

Old 10-01-2020, 05:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Thank you.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:39 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Trump needs to go back to his Bunker. He's a wimp cry baby.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:41 PM

613 posts, read 815,510 times
Poor bunkerboy.

Poor little bunkerboy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies