Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 10:24 AM

7,825 posts, read 2,748,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If Trump was sick with an ordinary illness, it wouldn't have much effect on the election. But this is Covid, and it hurts Trump with middle-of-the-road swing voters because it shines a spotlight on Trump's failed leadership on the virus. Trump supported the "reopen" protestors, supported the anti-maskers before he flip-flopped on masks, downplayed the virus and so on.

There's almost no chance Trump will die from the virus (and I don't wish that upon him), but for his reelection, it will likely prove fatal.
100% agreed.....it's a reminder just how much he botched the response.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:24 AM

12,992 posts, read 9,717,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Successfully go through NBC warfare training and then get back with us in regards to how effective a piece of cloth against biological agents, coronavirus in this case, are. Plus no cross-contamination measures have ever been discussed and/or implemented. The use of "masks" are nothing but a joke. Bottom line, if you are in an area where coronavirus is, you're going to get exposed and most likely contract it, weather you're wearing a piece of cloth across your snout or not.
I'm a Navy veteran and was in the Iraq war 2003, thank you.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
You're just kidding yourself. This flu will make him look stronger as a leader and will make it even more likely that he will be reelected in a landslide.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've see on this chat

Old 10-02-2020, 10:26 AM

33,345 posts, read 12,665,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Totally agree. If he knew that's pretty bad, however Biden is so incredibly awful and I'm against everything the Democrats stand for so....not changing my vote because of this.
Being against Democrats and feeling Biden is awful doesn’t require voting for Trump.

You could vote third party, write someone in, or leave just the POTUS/VPOTUS slot blank.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:26 AM

1,768 posts, read 571,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Who else "around Trump" has had it?
Several secret service agents have tested positive over the last few months. Stephen Miller’s wife, who is connected to the campaign in some way. Any donor he met at a fundraiser could have had it.

But he doesn’t really have it so it’s moot.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:27 AM

35,198 posts, read 31,530,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If you are going to be serious, which ones do you think he is lax on besides masks?

We know he's a germaphobe and probably washes hands frequently. We know the staff gets tested frequently. I'd be surprised if they didn't have temperature checks when people go into the White House.

Reality is that people connect outside the White House. And people are frequently asymptomatic. So they can catch it and spread it without knowing.
All this is true, but do you really think he is doing much social distancing with guests and staff? Didn't Hope fly with him to this latest rally after he knew she was positive?

37,334 posts, read 19,317,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And the flu kills an average of 40,000 people every year.
We have over 212,000 dead in the last seven months from covid.

Some quick math tells me covid is nine times more dangerous than the flu. Prevailing thought when Trump was informed back in February was X5 (in Trump's own words on Woodward's tape).

1,768 posts, read 571,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Why would he back out of the debates?

So far, the only people I have seen trying to back out of the debates are democrats. They tried to avoid the first debate, and ever since Biden looked so feeble in the first debate, they have been calling Trump "too mean" to debate a second time.
Well you probably live in the MAGA bubble so of course that’s what you’d hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I think this is a cover for him to get out of the debates since he performed so terribly.
It's definitely a way for him to get out before being humiliated in the election.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:28 AM

8,516 posts, read 3,368,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
As someone had accurately pointed out in another thread about this, President Trump was asked the first question in the debate and for the first 6 or so minutes, everything was very civil during the debate. But once Biden started in on the President like he did previously to Ryan in another debate platform, it was game-on like Donkey Kong. President Trump wasn't putting up with that horsechit and stomped all over arsehole Biden for it.
Responses to questions were to be limited to 2 minutes. Trump refused to follow the debate format just like he refused to follow public health mandates. Wallace begged him to stop interrupting and to limit his responses. Public health and local governmental officials begged that everyone follow good health practices. Trump said he would not ‘allow’ efforts to reign in his behavior at debates. And he sure as heck did not ‘alllow’ anyone to guide him medically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies