Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 02:46 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,645,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Not as bad as the Trump-Biden debate but still disappointing on both ends.
I agree. The first debate got lost in the vitriol. But this time I was hoping for substance. Both sometimes gave answers that seemed more like commercials or campaign ads rather than addressing the question with relevant details. There were times when they actually did get into the details specifically for the question, but some crucial points were missed.

What is the healthcare plan for Trump/Pence?

Why were Democrats so staunchly against the Police reform bill brought by Republicans back in the summer?

The hardest part for me was in the "deflection" by Pence on the super spreader event = SCOTUS nomination. They didn't have masks, ignored social distancing, and were also indoors at various times. It wasn't all outdoors as shown. Pence just brushed it off as "we were outside".

But Pence did bring a good point about statistics in racial disparities in legal punishment for Kamala's home state. He made the irony clear. But Kamala just responded by "don't lecture me" which was apparently to insinuate she had done some things that counter the statistics Pence cited. But what were they? It wasn't answered deeply. As for Pence, the Republicans want to dismantle ACA but won't really say it. Is abortion truly going to get scrutinized by the SCOTUS if Barrett is approved? They both left gray areas of unresolved details.

To me, it seemed like a draw, but given the poll numbers Pence needed to win by like a 3 to 1 margin of opinion. Instead, polls are coming out where it appears many thought Kamala had won. It looks like Steve Schmidt is right about the Trump campaign - the end is near. Recall that Steve Schmidt had been a loyal Republican for years and was a campaign advisor for John McCain. His character was played very well by Woody Harrelson. Steve is like the "Colonel Hackworth" of the political campaigns - he has strong realism with deep experience and aptitude to back it up. In the Vietnam War, Colonel Hackworth was one of the most decorated veterans. But in 1971 Hackworth predicted South Vietnam would fall by 1975. He was politically castigated by the "Brass" and left the military shortly thereafter. The classic "Colonel Kilgore" of "Apocalypse Now" was partially based on Hackworth. But he eventually died of exposure to chemical defoliants in 2005. Schmidt's analysis of the Trump campaign is based on realism and experience from within the deep analytical work and action items that overwhelm Republican campaigns in difficult election cycles like McCain's in 2008. He became frustrated with Trump and is now an independent as I understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKv8hjMMxo8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 03:37 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Flys are attracted to S*** so naturally it came to pence.
So True!

https://images.app.goo.gl/a93w7tR6tbJkEHNW7

https://images.app.goo.gl/hF7fBEqYN8yF5Wjz8

https://images.app.goo.gl/94BLyCkar4FkLShY9

https://images.app.goo.gl/ekbep11mbLN1SK1r8

Old 10-08-2020, 03:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
And pence didn’t answer much either. Just gave PR styled damage control.

“Sir what do you say about your product that has malfunctioned and caused harm to your customersâ€

Pence: “I wanna say that we value the safety of our customers and the quality of our product is extremely important to usâ€

“But sir, your product caused a child to lose his eyeâ€

Pence: “not a day goes by where I don’t think of that child’s eye, but we work tirelessly to ensure the safety of all children’s eyesâ€

“Sir do you intend to take responsibility? And admit that your product was falsely advertised as to not remove children’s eyeballs?â€

“Pence: “The american people value their eyeballs and we stand with their eyeballsâ€
Your fantasy is so Adam Schiff like !!! You have to make up a story and engage in fantasy !!!

The platform of democrats is based on fantasy and includes ideas that are proven failures !!!

Old 10-08-2020, 03:40 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Flies recognize BS a mile off.

Old 10-08-2020, 03:50 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Default Is It Really That Disastrous for Pence as People are Saying?

Didn't watch it but boy my messages lit up, if I can summarize the debate according to the feedback loop it happened so:

Harris told Pence to shut up she's speaking. Pence was so shaken he solicited the help of a fly for protection and his left eye teared up.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Harris post debate. I honestly didn't see that coming.

Old 10-08-2020, 03:58 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Didn't watch it but boy my messages lit up, if I can summarize the debate according to the feedback loop it happened so:

Harris told Pence to shut up she's speaking. Pence was so shaken he solicited the help of a fly for protection and his left eye teared up.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Harris post debate. I honestly didn't see that coming.

Well that much is true anyways.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:04 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
I honestly didn't see that coming.
Sure you did. In your echo chamber she won the debate before it began.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:14 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Sure you did. In your echo chamber she won the debate before it began.
Exactly. I watched the debate, and Pence cleaned the floor with Harris. She did miserably, and that fly ( which I didn't even notice during the debate) was only a distraction to the dems and their regurgitating minions desparately looking for negatives to lob at Pence.

The fact that they are obsessing over a fly is simply deflection away from their candidate's lousy performance. I see they are throwing the woman card around as well.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:16 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:

It's obvious you didn't watch the debate.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:17 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
The most important thing to come out of this debate is how the Democrats make promises during the Primaries to get the nomination and do a quick 180 once they have it, fooling the ignorant voters who do not pay attention. Fracking and fossil fuels are the best example.

I challenge the libs here to provide a comparable claim against Trump/Pence as far as promises made and promises kept. I'm sure there will be minor examples that anyone can find, but when it comes to the major issues, Trump wins hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies