Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 04:55 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What is the healthcare plan for Trump/Pence? Everbody has their own issues they think is important.

It is NOT the responsibility of the fed government to PROVED health care to the masses. Sorry!
It is not but they stuck their hands in it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 04:56 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
She hasn't been spanked this hard since Will....never mind.

Yeah we just saw a junior senator get exposed by a sitting VP.

This matters this year ladies and gentlemen. Joe Biden would be older than Reagan on day 1 than Reagan was when he LEFT OFFICE

Usually VP debates are no big deal. This year is different.

I think the reality of a San Francisco liberal behind a man who has one foot on the banana peel was a stark. The most liberal senator in DC would be one heartbeat away. Pence reminded the nation that she supports:

- Banning fracking
- The green new deal
- partial birth abortion
- raising taxes
- mandating more lockdowns and masks
- healthcare for illegals
- packing the SCOTUS

None of those are going to play well in the heartland.

As some see an empty glass and attempt to keep drinking from it, some see an empty suit and think it filled.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:57 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I’m pretty sure that’s what I just said. Counter weight to extreme ideas. Sorry I only know English.
The fact that you believe that is what you said is telling. The fact is, that if a law is written correctly and is found to be constitutional then it can be "left" or "Right", therefore the court is NOT in place to keep the political extremes in check. That is what voting is for.

Last edited by FL IRON; 10-08-2020 at 05:10 AM..

Old 10-08-2020, 04:57 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
People will obviously support their party candidate. I am an independent. Here is my take away. Harris thinks the government should save people. Pence puts the responsbility on Americans.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:00 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
If you have to "pack the courts" to correct the cheating by Republicans that has gone on for the last two appointments, then so be it.

I don't think there is yet a clear answer on what should be done in that regard. Personally, I like to see a very balanced Supreme Court and because of McConnell's cutthroat and hypocritical ways (which when done for your side is lauded, right wing), then there probably should be a counter balance to the hypocrisy. Not sure why she or Biden haven't crafted an answer for this yet. Won't it be up to the Senate anyway, of which they may not have control of if Biden wins the election?
To declare a position on this will alienate a number of voters one way or another.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:00 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
The debate was fun to watch. Although Harris avoided answering a couple of questions, Pence avoided answering most questions, either backtracking to previous questions or attacking Harris directly. He had to. Donald Trump has no specific plan and he certainly can't run for reelection based on his record. Harris should have deflected better. Still, she won the debate. Harris detailed the Biden plan succinctly. Pence pedals the same Trump lie bike the rest of the gang does; he just rides it smoother than the others. My favorite quote was when Harris told Pence, “I will not sit here and be lectured by the vice-president on what it means to enforce the laws of this country." I love it when a strong, smart woman gives a mansplaining guy a tongue lashing.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:01 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Didn't watch it but boy my messages lit up, if I can summarize the debate according to the feedback loop it happened so:

Harris told Pence to shut up she's speaking. Pence was so shaken he solicited the help of a fly for protection and his left eye teared up.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Harris post debate. I honestly didn't see that coming.
Harris did poorly but then the left would say she was great if she could walk without falling

Old 10-08-2020, 05:04 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Seems they would have to build a bigger courthouse, wi-fi is all the rage now

Old 10-08-2020, 05:08 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Kamala has the strangest voice / accent I’ve ever heard. It’s like New Jersey mixed with Alabama.
Her vocal chords got wrecked from swallowing Willie's brown.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:08 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
She's Black now, first Black woman this, first Black woman that.
But she has NEVER been black until the election!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies