Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 04:25 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,722,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Didn't watch it but boy my messages lit up, if I can summarize the debate according to the feedback loop it happened so:

Harris told Pence to shut up she's speaking. Pence was so shaken he solicited the help of a fly for protection and his left eye teared up.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Harris post debate. I honestly didn't see that coming.
How many fingers am I holding up ? Didn't see that coming either, did ya ?

News flash: If it didn't happen you likely won't see it coming !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 04:27 AM

2,400 posts, read 758,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I thought it was very telling she did not want to answer the question I think a lot of people will take note of that. Could be smart move on her part by not letting the cat out of the bag. I expect the {D}s if they gain the Senate and POTUS will attempt to stack the court. What other move do they have to stop a conservative leaning court?
That’s what the court is there for, as a counter weight to any push left or right of government. Look at how the courts have kept Trump in check, even the conservative judges have went against Trump.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:32 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,111,229 times
The first two questions by the moderator set the tone for the rest of the debate.

First she tees up a softball to elicit or allow criticism by Harris of the Covid response by the current administration, which by the way the Democrats have no track record to criticize, because it is a unique situation that they never faced when in a position of power.

Then the moderator asks Pence a question that was designed to steer him away from responding to Harris's criticism. He refused to play the moderator's game, though and responded to Harris's claims.

It's too bad the candidates cannot play videos of the opponents saying what they would have done at the time the situation is playing out, so the viewers can actually see how their mistaken ideas might have caused more problems. Since the Dems were not in power all we have is what they said in the past, and the libs refuse to tune in to conservative or balanced news outlets reporting the past comments that dispute what they say in debates.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:32 AM

4,267 posts, read 2,569,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Interesting. You attack Trump for power grabs and "fascism" but then excuse this.

What's more of a power grab than the legislative and executive branches taking over the judicial branch and installing extra judges of their persuasion to offset the will of the voters.

That's pretty wild that you wouldn't want to know that answer!
The GOP raised this to an art form by refusing to hold hearings on Obama's nominees to the courts, almost 100 were held up. This is what McConnell said to Hannity on Fox when asked why:

"I'll tell you why," Mr McConnell said, laughing. "I was in charge of what we did the last two years of the Obama administration."

Mr Hannity said: "I will give you full credit for that, and by the way, take a bow."

Old 10-08-2020, 04:33 AM

23,651 posts, read 14,131,214 times
It is curious to wake up in the morning and suddenly, everyone is making jokes about the house fly, posting memes of how great he it, of what a wonderful volunteering citizen he is..........................and have no clue to what the heck is going on.

Then, I recalled that the VP debates were last night and figured it had to be about that and so here I am.

So what is all this stuff about flies? Please don't tell me to google it because google is WORTHLESS no later than an hour after the fact and often, a lot sooner than that.

So why all this attention, suddenly, on the house fly?

Old 10-08-2020, 04:33 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,237,348 times
Dude.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Didn't watch it but boy my messages lit up, if I can summarize the debate according to the feedback loop it happened so:

Harris told Pence to shut up she's speaking. Pence was so shaken he solicited the help of a fly for protection and his left eye teared up.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Harris post debate. I honestly didn't see that coming.
The bolded is quite obvious.

Going to be honest here, my biggest takeaway from it was that I was no longer confident in saying Hillary Clinton had to be the most unlikable female candidate on the planet. I never understood why Harris bombed so spectacularly during the primaries - I understand why now.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:38 AM

There is a huge number of well armed Americans who will not accept Karen Harris as a President if Biden kicks. She might be the last President.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:39 AM

764 posts, read 236,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
That’s what the court is there for, as a counter weight to any push left or right of government. Look at how the courts have kept Trump in check, even the conservative judges have went against Trump.
Incorrect....…. the court exists to determine if a law passed by government is constitutional. The court should follow the letter of the constitution as written. If you disagree with the constitution there is a system in place to change it.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
Incorrect....…. the court exists to determine if a law passed by government is constitutional. The court should follow the letter of the constitution as written. If you disagree with the constitution there is a system in place to change it.
I’m pretty sure that’s what I just said. Counter weight to extreme ideas. Sorry I only know English.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:42 AM

I’m shocked your newsfeed said Heels Up Karen won. Shocked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies