Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Level of success approximately by closest in percentage with 100% the best
10% 20 29.85%
20% 0 0%
30% 3 4.48%
40% 0 0%
50% 0 0%
60% 0 0%
70% 7 10.45%
80% 10 14.93%
90% 12 17.91%
100% 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 08:08 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Floridian here too. I have always been surprised how good of a governor DeSantis turned out to be. I thought he was going to be horrible, but he has done very well. I give him credit for how well he has handled Covid in a very unique state. A state with the most vulnerable, a state with the most travel coming in from other hotspots and the 3rd most populous state. Two thumbs up here.
I’ve been surprised by DeSantis as well. We dodged a major bullet when he beat Gillum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 08:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure. I am talking about South Florida, where businesses still require masks, and sports events allow a very limited audience.
Quote:
You started out with Florida strictly enforces masks. Now you are changing it to just one part of Florida does.
I am talking about where I live, which is South Florida.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:12 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Floridian here too. I have always been surprised how good of a governor DeSantis turned out to be. I thought he was going to be horrible, but he has done very well. I give him credit for how well he has handled Covid in a very unique state. A state with the most vulnerable, a state with the most travel coming in from other hotspots and the 3rd most populous state. Two thumbs up here.
He's done a great job. If we had a Democrat governor, we'd be suffering like they are in NY, MI, NJ, PA, etc. Endless lockdowns for no reason.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Not sure what part of South Florida you live in but my mother lives in Pompano Beach/Fort Lauderdale and said that most of the places they go are no longer enforcing masks. During our weekly conversation the other day she mentioned at least a dozen bars and restaurants as well as a couple of grocery stores that she had been to in the previous week or so and that they were not requiring people to wear masks.
I have not see a single grocery store which will let people in without a mask. It is a county rule, and it is enforced. I posted a link to it.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:13 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
I am talking about where I live, which is South Florida.
Except GoldenPines and I just got done telling you the bars and restaurants in South Florida are NOT enforcing the mask mandates except when you walk through the door.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:14 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
I have not see a single grocery store which will let people in without a mask. It is a county rule, and it is enforced. I posted a link to it.
It's no longer enforced. Ofc Publix or WholeFoods (chains) will probably enforce it. But smaller, individually operated neighborhood grocery stores are doing their own thing.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:16 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Florida Gov. DeSantis explains his handling of coronavirus: 'We wanted society to function'

For those who want to know !!!

Is Florida a success story on response to China virus ?

How does it compare to the state where you live ?

Florida Gov. DeSantis explains his handling of coronavirus: 'We wanted society to function'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron...ciety-function

Republican describes three-pronged approach to fighting pandemic on 'Life, Liberty & Levin'

"You can't kneecap your own society and think you're going to successfully handle a pandemic," Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Fox News' "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday night.
i just want to know if 'china virus' is racist. ive been told it is although most here call it china virus

Old 10-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Except GoldenPines and I just got done telling you the bars and restaurants in South Florida are NOT enforcing the mask mandates except when you walk through the door.
Yes, that is the rule. How would you eat and drink with a mask on? Can we use common sense?

https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/...0of%20properly.

Reopened businesses must still follow the requirements of Broward County’s Emergency Orders, including sanitization, wearing of facial coverings and posting of required signage. To help stop the spread of COVID-19, it is important for residents to adhere to social distancing and wear a facial covering in public.

Cover Your Face
The CDC recommends and Broward County Emergency Orders require residents and visitors, unless otherwise exempted, to wear a facial covering in public, and to wear it properly, including over the nose and mouth. The facial covering can be constructed of any material, but should utilize CDC guidelines. Disposable face masks and gloves are not recyclable – please dispose of properly.

You can report violations anonymously online at MyBroward.Broward.org. Select “Request for Service,” enter the location of the violation, and select “COVID-19 Business Complaints” as the Type of Issue. You can also call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Yes, that is the rule. How would you eat and drink with a mask on? Can we use common sense?
It's a rule that's no longer enforced due to DeSantis' executive order. Why are you trolling?

Old 10-11-2020, 08:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
?????? There were shutdowns -- they were having checkpoints coming into the state.

Boy is he a load of @#$%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies