Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:35 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
No.

The election was rigged, and I am not even discussing vote tampering.
2 weeks ago, A poll Or question was placed on various right leaning forums asking if the upcoming election would be legit.

The majority said if Biden wins, cheating has happened.
If Trump won, it was a free and fair election.

So, they made this claim with zero substance then, so really we can close all threads with so called proof of cheating since they have already made their minds up anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 08:40 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Trump went wrong with his feelings on global warming and coronavirus.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:46 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Too pompous and one man band attitude. He destroyed good men of valor characters. He stepped on the military around him like ants- never forgive him for that. He lied about COVID which caused lives, and systematically destroyed the moral of many Fed agencies, which I was a part of. A lot of things went behind the scenes that were meant to destroy the fibers that holds us together. A narcissist I hope never sees the light of public office again. God forgive him... for the innocents who suffered or died by this admin.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:27 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
How can you logically say he did anything wrong. Beating or losing to someone by 1% or less doesn't say anything about either person. He beat Hillary with no political experience when he "did everything wrong" and when she was supposed to win by a landslide, and nearly beat Biden when Biden was supposed to sweep him. Not only that, republicans gained house and senate seats when the democrats were supposed to. America wasn't buying the liberal and media brainwashing that the Coronavrius was Trumps fault. He overperformed in both elections.
Republicans did not gain Senate seats.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:39 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
All he had to do was shut his mouth, and he couldn't do it because of his arrogance. His been chairman of the board for 45 years and did whatever he wanted and said whatever he wanted because he was the boss.

Don't have to wear a mask, doubting the health professionals like Fauci, lying to the American people, his stupid comments on Twitter with political attacks that most people don't care about. Donald Trump shot himself in the foot. He did it all to himself and he has nobody to blame.

The guy had very good policies for moderates and conservatives, and one thing that most American's like is he wasn't a war hawk. He was withdrawing troops all the time and never came close to war, which most of us love.

Now we have Biden, who I'm fine with but not excited about, but he's old and what happens when he doesn't have the energy in a year or two to govern? Super liberal Harris and the other far left will ruin this country.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:41 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
If Americans are more concerned about personality than policy then we are doomed.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:45 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If Americans are more concerned about personality than policy then we are doomed.
They are. They always have been. Look at the "nice guys" they voted in. Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Obama. All won because of their personalities.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
No.

You think this because that is what appeals to you. You think Pence with the exact same polices will win? No. The people won over by elegant rhetoric are blind to the loss of people who find people reading eloquent lies in a teleprompter worth nothing. Try it and find out.

The election was rigged, and I am not even discussing vote tampering. The media and social media propaganda prevailed to essentially swing it enough. Many people believe Trump is a racist. its a complete hoax, and provably so. I can believe womanizer , or even "inappropriate" contact , at least to someone's taste( good luck trying to figure out what's actually appropriate however ...Trump as a Russian spy is also a farce. That hoax prevailed. Has nothing to do with Trump.

Its not really a Trump problem. Its an electorate problem with people being managed with propaganda.
Agree with you on many points. People are lazy and they don't want to read or think for themselves. They go with the herd and throw on CNN for 10 minutes or glance at Yahoo news and they tell them made up stories that Trump is racists or that Trump hates this or that. It's all propaganda. Take a look at the polls. Who are they run by? Nate Silver, a Jewish Democrat from Chicago who use to write for the NY Times. Geez I wonder how those poll predictions could have been so wrong.....lol

It's all propaganda and not all but many have bought into it.

The media won these elections for the Democrats. The horribly biased and corrupt media of the U.S. Social media and traditional media.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
They are. They always have been. Look at the "nice guys" they voted in. Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Obama. All won because of their personalities.
They most certainly are. They want a good looking suave president who takes selfies with babies in strollers and who has great hair and speaks well. They don't look into policies.

Go hire a lawyer and let me know if your going to pick the nice and friendly lawyer who's good looking, or are you going to hire the lawyer who's tough and nasty and gets the job done. Yeah the tough lawyer might be a jerk, but he's my jerk and I'll put up with that in order to get this accomplished.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:52 AM

903 posts, read 583,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You are likely correct. That very well may have made a difference.

What we also know though, is that even if he spoke nicer and showed more compassion, the left would have hated him the same and probably would have called him weak. He could have done no right in their eyes.

They hated him from the get go. More hate than I've ever seen before. It's hard to be nice when you have that much vitriol being spewed at you 24/7 by just about every news outlet, not to mention every other lowball shenanigan the left showered on him.

You are correct, but it wasn't the media and left who needed to win. It was independents who don't care anymore about the corrupt media than the right. All he needed was to act live a civil human and he would have had enough independent votes to easily win. He forgot who it was he needed to convince.

cd :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies