Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 08:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

Three neighbors in my apartment complex had it. They thought they had flu until tested. The one who smoked took a few days longer to recover than she normally does with flu. They were all in their 30s. Now they walk around without masks and have friends over all the time because they are immune.

Because one apartment is next to mine, I've always smelled cigarette smoke, weed smoke and cooking odors so I figure the Covid virus got into my apartment. There was one week or so when I felt tired and a bit 'off' so drank herbal tea and water all day and popped 1000mg vitamin C every hour in addition to the bucket of supplements I've always taken. Took naps and went to bed earlier. Felt better in about three days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 08:51 PM

I heard that some pop singer whom I've never heard of had a Covid test in each nostril. One nostril tested positive and the other negative!

Scamdemic. Part of the Great Reset by the globalist plantation owners. Comrade Justine Trudeau even admitted it recently.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
I “know” (meaning I’m aware of) a lot of people due to my work.

Dozens have had it ranging the full spectrum of no symptoms to 4 deaths. None of the deaths were people I was close to just through the grapevine.

My old neighbor from when I lived back east died from the flu this past March. Just found that out recently. She was only in her early 50s without any health problems.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:58 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
The next day felt fine, but lost my sense of smell/taste for about 2 weeks. No fever. I didnt test for covid, since my DH had it, and the loss of smell/taste is a pretty big sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Her boyfriend didn't seem bothered by it hardly at all. However...he lost most of his sense of smell from it, and it still hasn't returned months later. Now, we were cleaning out a house he'd bought together and we found a fridge with old rotten food in it that was a year old, and he smelled that. His sense of smell was temporarily shocked back...but besides that he can't really smell much of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dawg New Tricks View Post
I lost my sense of smell after I started feeling better, and partially lost my taste; taste came back after a few days, but smell didn’t return for about a week and a half.
I lost my sense of smell ten years ago, when I got diabetes. It's still gone.

Or did I contract Covid-19 ten years ago? (Wouldn't that make it Covid-10?)

Seriously, I'm glad to hear all of you recovered. Congratulations!

Old 11-16-2020, 09:00 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
I've had dozens of friends test positive. Most got sick in March and April (laregely because my social circle is based in hard-hit NYC, NJ, and Boston and many friends work at universities or in healthcare) but I've had quite a few friends announce they are sick in the past week. They've ranged from mildly ill or asymptomatic to hospitalized for more than a week, kidney failure, spontaneous diabetes (tied to pancreas damage and steroids used to fight lung damage), insomnia and night terrors, persistent cognitive impairment, and chronic headaches. About 6 friends are considered long haulers, meaning they've been sick longer than 3 months, in most cases over 6 months. Most of these friends are in their 20s and 30s.

That's not counting the 6 loved ones in my life who have died, all but one under 60, 2 of whom are some of the 8 people at work who have died. Multiple friends have lost parents, grandparents, and siblings. One particularly good friend lost her dad and stepmom, her last remaining parents after her mom died of cancer a decade ago. A few months later, her only brother died from a heart attack caused by telltale blood clots. He was an ICU doctor treating covid patients.

For myself, two incidents *may* have been covid, though I was not able to get tested. I got really, really, really sick in early January after traveling to a wedding. I actually sat next to people from Wuhan on the plane, which I only remember because I remember thinking about how I'd have to look up the city when I got home because I wasn't familiar with it. I was as sick as I've been recently, though at the time I passed it off as the flu. It was a scary, bone crushing fatigue. My boyfriend ended up getting it and passing it on to his family. They were very sick and tested negative for the flu. I went back to work when still not feeling great, but better, to pick up some stuff to do from home and two of my coworkers, both in their late 50s/early 60s, got sick. I can't say that they got it from me, but who knows. One ended up hospitalized. Both tested negative for the flu. If it *was* covid, I can say that the fatigue was really concerning. My boyfriend was with me and able to prepare meals for me, make sure I drank water, and wake me up to go to the bathroom. If he hadn't been around, I wouldn't have had the energy to take care of myself.

Flash forward to early March. I work at a university and we were gearing up to send students home. At the time, it still hadn't hit that it was *that* close. Then a coworker's wife was hospitalized and diagnosed (late 40s). At the time, only super sick people could get tested, so he never had a positive test despite getting mildly ill himself. He sat next to me in several meetings. We were sent to work from home the next day, and I ran a fever and had a migraine most of the next week. No way of getting a test. While it was likely, stress, I still wonder what if.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:25 PM

What propaganda media fail to mention when they shriek "Covid cases surge!" is that hospitalizations and deaths don't surge in equal proportion. More cases i.e. positive tests mean Covid is far less deadly than previously believed and if you do get sick there are treatments now to shorten recovery time.

I heard some states will be lumping flu cases and deaths in one pot so the statistics will be inflated. It's to terrorize the population into accepting the Great Reset.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:35 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What propaganda media fail to mention when they shriek "Covid cases surge!" is that hospitalizations and deaths don't surge in equal proportion. More cases i.e. positive tests mean Covid is far less deadly than previously believed and if you do get sick there are treatments now to shorten recovery time.

I heard some states will be lumping flu cases and deaths in one pot so the statistics will be inflated. It's to terrorize the population into accepting the Great Reset.
Actually hospitalizations seemed to have surged even more than infections proportionally. 70,000 are currently hospitalized in America with Covid, up from 30,000 on Oct. 5th. Over the same time period the number of active cases increased to 4.2 million from 2.6 million.

https://covidtracking.com/data/chart...y-hospitalized

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 11-17-2020, 04:56 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I had it back in April when it went through like wildfire at work. Just before the masks mandates, the lockdowns, the temp screenings, yada yada yada.
I had some sneezing, no real coughing or sore throat. No fever. The only thing I really noticed was that I was short of breath for about two weeks when I exerted myself. My brother had it a little worse, he lost his sense of smell and taste for two weeks. Coworkers had it and some got tested and others just got diagnosed. Two( in their 60s) had short hospital stays over breathing issues. Another lost her sense of taste. One coworker died but they never really disclosed the exact reasons. he had underwent surgery and died in the hospital. I don't think it was falsely attributed to Covid like you hear many deaths were, he was said to have contracted it in the hospital.
My 90 year old mother had it and her case was more serious. It was like a bad cold, as bad as a cold she had in early November of last year. I was worried and she came down with it on a Friday and I wanted to take her to the doctor( who wouldn't see you if you were sick, you'd have been sent to the ER anyway). Monday she said she felt better, but she stayed home and didn't go out for months when the lockdowns started.
So its been 7 months since I had it. I'm going with the belief I have immunity at this point or at the least greatly increased resistance to it. If I've been infected again, I guess my immune system knocks it out immediately.
Its extremely contagious and so many people have it but show no symptoms. its airborne, masks really do very little to stop it. You breathe, you either get it or spread it. 6 feet social distancing indoors is also mostly useless. Just an arbitrary non scientific safeguard like mask wearing. Placebo, security blanket, control, you get the idea.
But its also far less lethal than what we're led to believe. Children and young people9 otherwise healthy) have almost no
symptoms and the odds of them dying are 10,000 to one. Healthy adults its 1,000 to one. The elderly and those with serious medical issues, that's who are at risk.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:02 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Three neighbors in my apartment complex had it. They thought they had flu until tested. The one who smoked took a few days longer to recover than she normally does with flu. They were all in their 30s. Now they walk around without masks and have friends over all the time because they are immune.

Because one apartment is next to mine, I've always smelled cigarette smoke, weed smoke and cooking odors so I figure the Covid virus got into my apartment. There was one week or so when I felt tired and a bit 'off' so drank herbal tea and water all day and popped 1000mg vitamin C every hour in addition to the bucket of supplements I've always taken. Took naps and went to bed earlier. Felt better in about three days.
They're not immune because they had it.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:04 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Actually hospitalizations seemed to have surged even more than infections proportionally. 70,000 are currently hospitalized in America with Covid, up from 30,000 on Oct. 5th. Over the same time period the number of active cases increased to 4.2 million from 2.6 million.

https://covidtracking.com/data/chart...y-hospitalized

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
72,000 hospitalizations yesterday, highest it's ever been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies