Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 08:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Question was anyone here have Covid ? Out of 27 perhaps 2 tested positive. Some know many who had it (maybe) and for this we shut the country down...as Charlie Brown. Says. "Good Grief".
Your myopic view is disturbing. Just because you're fortunate enough not to have been affected doesn't mean that one size fits all. No one is advocating shutting down the whole country, again, this is hyperbolic and void of logic. Just hot spots are shut down.

None of this would have happened with an adequate testing and contact tracing system in place to isolate infected people. This virus is out of control because of a horribly inadequate response from day one.

So what is in our tool box to deal with it? Masks, social distancing, and closing areas of hot spot activity like restaurants and non essential businesses.

Look, maskless morons and the hoax deniers are still a big part of this picture. Stubborn people are going to throw a monkey wrench into stopping the spread. It's inevitable. Try and convince them to take a vaccine as well. Until we are all on the same page, which will be never, the next best step is for hot spots to shut down.

I'm glad you're fine. I hope Covid never impacts your life, but for the over 240,000 American's and counting that have died from it. Something needs to be done to stop it. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was one of your loved ones.

In a perfect world we would all care enough about one another to do the right thing and stop the spread, but we don't live in that world do we. It's unfortunate, but as long as we have super spreaders among us, then someone has to step up and stop this selfish behavior. These Covidiots that refuse to do something as simple as wear a mask? SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 10:20 AM

18,808 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum, kinda think it is....

But anybody here think or confirmed that they had covid??? I was super ill back in January, but that was before it hit us. The thing is I NEVER get sick since I have an overactive immune system and a special low inflammation diet that supports it. I hadnt had the flu in probably 15 years when I was in college doing college get the flu stuff.

I had flu symptoms but the thing that bothered me was severe pain in my lower right abdomen. It got to the point that I thought I had appendicitus. Then it all just randomly went away like a fog that lift.

Could this have been covid even though it was before it hit?
Most likely not. But not impossible. Very few - assuming USA - got Covid 19 that early unless some sort of more direct connection to Wuhan China.

An actual overactive immune system can make Covid 19 much worse, so called cytokine storm.

I thought I had it from a ski trip early Feb. but never proven. My Canadian ski buddies all tested negative. And then I did get it from a ski trip in March. Proven with antibody testing. Ski areas were some of the early super spreaders.

Loss of taste and smell was the first thing. At one point I thought I had a UTI or prostatitis. But I think it more severe muscle aches. Requiring narcotics for 3 days. Dizzy, fatigue, weakness and short of breath.

My wife got it too and it nearly killed her as she is immune deficient post stem cell transplant. She is still recovering as the virus turned off her donor bone marrow.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:33 AM

15,867 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I suspect that I may have had it but I was never tested, so I can't say for sure.

Back in late February, when this was all starting, I had to take two separate business trips in one week.

Both trips I had layovers in the Atlanta airport, one of which was extended due to storms in the area and there was even more people in the airport than usual due to delayed flights and everyone trying to get a connection. So I was exposed to a LOT of people from all over the world.

Anyways, while still on my way home from the second trip I started to feel like I was getting a cold.

After I got home, it got worse...... started in my sinuses and moved to my lungs after a few days. Fatigue, body aches etc.

But I had no fever, and my cough wasn't "dry" ....at least not for the first couple weeks......I did cough up a lot of crap out of my lungs.... after that it became "dry".

But the coughing was severe and lasted for six weeks before it finally went away very slowly.

The coughing was so bad that it was almost like a dry heave after the first couple weeks and it hurt my chest so bad that I swore I dislocated a rib.

It sucked.

But I survived with no apparent symptoms or side effects.

This doesn't sound like covid. You had the flu.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Anyone should be able to get the test to see if they already had Covid. I thought it was free but maybe check with your doctor or medical insurance company. It would be good to know because then you could relax and the people around you could relax knowing you are immune.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:25 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times
I hear covid affects brain functioning I’m noticing a lot more brain dead Americans these days lacking any common sense. More so than usual. Maybe it very much is possible it’s causing more damage to the populace than originally thought. The medical science has just not caught up with the “brain dead “ phenomenon yet.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:03 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I hear covid affects brain functioning I’m noticing a lot more brain dead Americans these days lacking any common sense. More so than usual. Maybe it very much is possible it’s causing more damage to the populace than originally thought. The medical science has just not caught up with the “brain dead “ phenomenon yet.
That's not due to Covid. Its due to the TDS virus.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:07 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
I know quite a few who have had it with the range from almost nothing to death. My closest experience is my 18 yr old son.
First day some sniffles. Second day a fever up to 102 but still felt ok. Third day got his test and felt miserable and lost sense of taste. Didn't want to get out of bed all afternoon. 4th day was about the same. 5th day felt much better. Just some sniffles. 6th day a little better. 7th day back to normal.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:33 PM

18,808 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Anyone should be able to get the test to see if they already had Covid. I thought it was free but maybe check with your doctor or medical insurance company. It would be good to know because then you could relax and the people around you could relax knowing you are immune.
None of this is yet known enough to rely on. The antibody test becomes positive about a month after recovery from infection and then lasts for some 4-5 months. Then T cell immunity takes over, not as easy to test for.

As reinfections are so far very rare in the world, a recovered patient may be immune for a year. Or more. All this not yet reliably known.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Several co-worker had it we’ve shut down twice because of it. Like with the the flu it’s different from person to person. Our boss and his brother had it and both of them were in the hospital. Some others had it and they just it felt like a more intense flu, and there lower back felt like someone had stepped on it.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:55 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Your myopic view is disturbing. Just because you're fortunate enough not to have been affected doesn't mean that one size fits all. No one is advocating shutting down the whole country, again, this is hyperbolic and void of logic. Just hot spots are shut down.

None of this would have happened with an adequate testing and contact tracing system in place to isolate infected people. This virus is out of control because of a horribly inadequate response from day one.

So what is in our tool box to deal with it? Masks, social distancing, and closing areas of hot spot activity like restaurants and non essential businesses.

Look, maskless morons and the hoax deniers are still a big part of this picture. Stubborn people are going to throw a monkey wrench into stopping the spread. It's inevitable. Try and convince them to take a vaccine as well. Until we are all on the same page, which will be never, the next best step is for hot spots to shut down.

I'm glad you're fine. I hope Covid never impacts your life, but for the over 240,000 American's and counting that have died from it. Something needs to be done to stop it. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was one of your loved ones.

In a perfect world we would all care enough about one another to do the right thing and stop the spread, but we don't live in that world do we. It's unfortunate, but as long as we have super spreaders among us, then someone has to step up and stop this selfish behavior. These Covidiots that refuse to do something as simple as wear a mask? SMH.
I will attempt to "take on" your challenges. Adequate testing and contact tracing would have helped however what we are seeing is an airborne RNA virus whose adaptability is superior to SARS H1N1 and H1N5. Fortunately it is not as deadly as those previous outbreaks. Contact tracing is useful but only so far as it can effectively trace. An airborne virus is just that. Think polio.

Our toolkit has one major task. Trace sick contacts and quarantine. Some of this was accomplished. However, as a NEW entry into the zoonotic picture, it was evident that nothing would stop it from spreading and spread it did. Many wonderful people died.

At this juncture we have two more weapons. 1) our knowledge of how to treat and when to treat it. 2) The virus is weakening.

No one can possibly be nor should they shoulder any blame. As long as the nation of China allows wild tastes to satisfy their population, there will be another after another event. A spillover.

If you have respiratory complications of any illness you should be in touch with your health care provider without delay. If you are severely short of breath call 911. This is a virus you can win with only by diligent attention to your health. Stay well. Avoid sick contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies