Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 02:36 PM

182 posts, read 94,888 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is the right forum, kinda think it is....

But anybody here think or confirmed that they had covid??? I was super ill back in January, but that was before it hit us. The thing is I NEVER get sick since I have an overactive immune system and a special low inflammation diet that supports it. I hadnt had the flu in probably 15 years when I was in college doing college get the flu stuff.

I had flu symptoms but the thing that bothered me was severe pain in my lower right abdomen. It got to the point that I thought I had appendicitus. Then it all just randomly went away like a fog that lift.

Could this have been covid even though it was before it hit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 05:02 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,365,036 times
I have a sister who got it. Her boyfriend got it. My uncle's mother got it who is in her seventies. My uncle's sister got it, and so did her ten year old son. I suspect my other relatives got it from my sister, and either she got it from her boyfriend, or he got it from her. All of us were being moderately careful...though not extremely so. It spread throughout those mentioned members of my family at a single dinner meeting, after months of not seeing one another.

My sister probably felt the worst from it. She described it like it felt like a cold or other minor illness, except that she was also very tired for a few days. Her boyfriend didn't seem bothered by it hardly at all. However...he lost most of his sense of smell from it, and it still hasn't returned months later. Now, we were cleaning out a house he'd bought together and we found a fridge with old rotten food in it that was a year old, and he smelled that. His sense of smell was temporarily shocked back...but besides that he can't really smell much of anything.

Regarding my aunt, her mother, and her son...for them it was less noticeable. I believe at least her son and mother were asymptomatic, and I don't think her sickness was a big deal.

I also was sick back in January with some kind of pretty bad flu in which snot was flying like a firehose for days and I was coughing pretty badly. My other aunt who is a medical worker in another state said that there had been a bad flu going around, and the cough from it could last for weeks after the illness ended, and mine lasted for about six weeks. I wondered if that had been covid too...but it did have the symptoms of that bad flu that had been going around though, so it could have just been that. I'm in Missouri, so I doubt it was covid. We were about the last area for that to hit.

Last edited by Clintone; 11-16-2020 at 05:13 PM..

Old 11-16-2020, 06:45 PM

193 posts, read 60,839 times
I had it. I had a moderate fever that would go up and down (never went above 101), sore throat, periodic aches and chills, headache, and fatigue. The worst of the symptoms lasted about two days; fatigue was the last to go. I lost my sense of smell after I started feeling better, and partially lost my taste; taste came back after a few days, but smell didn’t return for about a week and a half. I was testing negative four days after my positive test.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:42 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,536,466 times
My dh (64 yrs old, 2 heart stents, high blood pressure, a little overwheight, does not exercise or eat right) got it beginning of july. Fever for 2 hrs, headache, slight cough, and really exhausted. Everything but the exhaustion only lasted 1 day. He slept 23 hrs a day for about a week. Was tired for about a week and a half total. He had a pos covid test.
I got it 2 days later (57 yr old heavy lifelong smoker). I woke up with minor muscle soreness, and really tired. The next day felt fine, but lost my sense of smell/taste for about 2 weeks. No fever. I didnt test for covid, since my DH had it, and the loss of smell/taste is a pretty big sign. I got antibody tested 3 weeks after QT ended, and have a strong pos antibody count. (Greater than 1.92 is pos...mine was 5.98).

Old 11-16-2020, 08:27 PM

1,608 posts, read 878,626 times
I thought I had it late last year, but just had a Covid antibody test that was negative. No one in my immediate family has had it, though everyone is either retired or has worked from home since March.

My boss, his wife, and teenage children all had it. Various but relatively mild symptoms, recovered in a few days. Teens are believed to have contracted it at a party.

Colleague on the west coast had it, along with her husband. Both in late 40's and with severe symptoms. Difficulty breathing on her part, gastrointestinal issues on his. Both landed briefly in the hospital but mostly recovered at home, taking roughly 10 days from onset of symptoms to relatively normal. Believe they caught it traveling by commercial airline.

Mother-in-law of another colleague, a nurse in a small rural hospital in her late 50's. Died of the Covid and believed to have contracted it at work.

Immediate colleague in late 50's just diagnosed, mild symptoms with primarily cough and fever. Also working from home and very observant of precautions, but went to hospital for some routine imaging and came down with it 3 days later. Believes he contracted it at the hospital.

Several relatives of people I work with, all living in nursing homes and all have survived thus far.

That's everyone I know or know of with a positive Covid test. I live in a state with a mask mandate which is well observed. All business are open, but some at reduced capacity (theatres, restaurants etc).

Old 11-16-2020, 08:34 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,819,280 times
I know dozens of people who have it/have had it. Range from no symptoms at all to hospitalizations. I don't know anyone personally who died, but I know people who know people who have.

Please remember that immunity doesn't seem to last forever. There are documented cases of reinfection.
Boris Johnson had a bad case in the spring and is in quarantine now after being exposed again.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:36 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,409,421 times
No politics does not include health matters. Hopefully the monitors will move it to "Health".

Old 11-16-2020, 08:42 PM

39,904 posts, read 26,600,870 times
2 friends have had it. One, late 60s, felt a little off for a day, was better the next. Got a bunch of projects done on his forced quarantine. The other, mid 50s, bad headache and terrible body aches for several days. Back to work in about 10 days, but needed it all off.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:42 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,467,373 times
I think I had it in early March. Got back from a work trip, 2 days later I was exhausted. Could barely stay awake through dinner. Started getting achy and some chills. Went to bed at like 7pm. Woke in the middle of the night with bad GI issues that lasted all night. By mid afternoon I was fine. Didn't think it was covid but now they are saying GI issues are part of it.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:43 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,467,373 times
ALso, know a co-worker who had it. SHes in her 40's and was really sick.

Family friends in their 70's...mild sypmtoms for a day.

Wifes friend, who family had it but felt it was a cold.

Wifes great uncle passed from it but he had a whole list of things wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies