Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 12:08 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times

Advertisements

You are the exception to what I was wondering about. It will be an interesting factoid to find out how many, then determine the why of. Thanks to your anecdotal we have a start of a study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
I, for one, only voted presidential in this election. I'm currently living in SC but planning on moving to Florida in April and didn't think it was right for me to vote for representatives in a state I don't plan on living in. I left that up to the people who will continue to live here.

Presidential vote, however, follows you no matter which state you live in. Voted absentee, tracked my ballot and it was accepted. Signature was confirmed on both the ballot request and the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 12:17 PM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
I, for one, only voted presidential in this election. I'm currently living in SC but planning on moving to Florida in April and didn't think it was right for me to vote for representatives in a state I don't plan on living in. I left that up to the people who will continue to live here.

Presidential vote, however, follows you no matter which state you live in. Voted absentee, tracked my ballot and it was accepted. Signature was confirmed on both the ballot request and the ballot.
That happens every election but isn't the norm and is usually a very, very small percentage (well under 1%) of the vote.

If reports are true that there were thousands of ballots like that in a district it becomes a statistical anomaly and does raise suspicions.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:19 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
All this talk of down ballot imbalance doesn't work out when you look at actual figures.

According to Cook Report:
Biden got 79.2M Votes; Trump 73.4M. The split is 51%/47%
Democrat House member candidates received 75.6M Votes. Republicans got 72.1M. 51%/49%.

Kinda strange that a lot of people only voted for Biden or only voted for Trump, but that's what it looks like.

https://cookpolitical.com/2020-natio...-vote-tracker?

Old 11-18-2020, 12:39 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It has NEVER happened in history where they lost that many seats and the sitting President didn't win. But numbers and stats and logic mean nothing do a Democrat.
Never in history has there been a president so likely to turn people off with his personality alone.

Also, probability states that just because something has never happened before that it can't happen. That's pie in the sky thinking.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:42 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Never in history has there been a president so likely to turn people off with his personality alone.

Also, probability states that just because something has never happened before that it can't happen. That's pie in the sky thinking.
The election was rigged from the get go. That's why the Democrat's lost in both houses. Hate to break it to you but you're group is going to be very disappointed.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:47 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Would love to see the extent of mail-in ballots that only voted for president. No signature verification for non-absentee mail-in ballots, no checks in states where ballot harvesting is not legal.

The Georgia recount is not verifying signatures for mail-ins for instance. Don't know if it would change results, also do know if it would have because signature verification is not being performed.
Did you wonder about those things in 2012, 2016 or just 2020.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The election was rigged from the get go. That's why the Democrat's lost in both houses. Hate to break it to you but you're group is going to be very disappointed.

Meanwhile in reality....Dems gained seats in the Senate.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:52 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The down ballots Trump boosted, but Trump lost in those same counties?
Not buying it.
Happened like that in 2018 in many states with the Senate races tight.
Trump was one of the most unpopular presidents in history, people in his own party were highly critical of him so what's so hard to understand. The reaction may have been to the far left wing of the democratic party, the riots or the republicans scare tactics that we were going to become Venezuela.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:54 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
*your

So it was rigged from the get go, that's why they lost both houses? You realize how mental that sounds, right?

The mental gymnastics needed to believe this line of thought is quite something.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:57 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t believe for a second that that many people supposedly voted for Biden and then also voted Republican down ballot.

That’s ridiculous to even think that.

But I also believe it’s impossible to prove, so we’ll have a dementia patient as the President who may, or may not, finish his full term.

I just wish there was more that I can do legally to resist this administration, other than to continue to voice my displeasure with the whole thing.

Believe it. A woman I know who finally got sick of the protestors, rioters, and the Dems taxing our state to death did exactly that. Republicans across the board, except for the President. Same with my friend's mother. When I asked them both why, I got the same response: "Orange Man Bad."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies