Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 03:45 PM

923 posts, read 526,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
"Pfizer said that the vaccine, made with German partner BioNTech"
"Pfizer's vaccine was not developed as part of Operation Warp Speed, the US government's coronavirus vaccine effort. "
"There are currently 12 vaccines in large-scale efficacy trials, according to World Health Organization (WHO) data from November 16 cited by The Guardian."
"The newspaper reported this week that the results of a COVID vaccine candidate from the University of Oxford and British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca are expected to be released imminently."

I can not find any mention of Warp Speed being a factor in the development of these and other vaccines if you have a link to it please post it.
Facts do silence the ignorant, as in myself. I did more research and there are plenty around in different stages of development. Thank you for making me do a bit more research to become more educated.

"Warp Speed" is a fancy name for "we are doing what we can as fast as we can". The French do have a licensed vaccine, we all are grateful of their work.

Thank you VA Yankee for pushing me to learn more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 03:49 PM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
As a nation and the world will within the next month have the opportunity to be offered the vaccine which is designed to prevent a person from being afflicted the the CoVid19 virus.

This vaccine, has been created by bright minds and earnest daily work vivified by the President Of The United States, who challenged people to produce a solution to a deadly illness which we have yet to understand.

Most retro virus RNA are suppressed by the quarantines which we have already imposed. SARS, H1N1 and H1N5 were challenged and defeated by strict measures. With the current virus these efforts have not worked.

Somehow the POTUS sensed or knew in March, and lit the fire under people who love to win, succeed and win.
Those scientists and pharmaceutical companies are heroes and more.

Now their work has the potential at 95% to prevent us from becoming ill. It has thus far proven safe and effective.

My hat is off to the teams who were inspired to create this vaccine. Distribution plan to follow.
Pfizer was not part of Trump's Warp Speed Plan. And our government is only purchasing 100 million vaccines as of 11/13. What about the other 2/3 of Americans ?

Isn't it nice that the vaccine has gone from 90% effective to 95% effective within a week ?
By next week it will be 100% effective.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:51 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
Great info! Thank you AADAD!

But the French?
A qui j'ai oublie.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Pfizer was not part of Trump's Warp Speed Plan. And our government is only purchasing 100 million vaccines as of 11/13. What about the other 2/3 of Americans ?

Isn't it nice that the vaccine has gone from 90% effective to 95% effective within a week ?
By next week it will be 100% effective.
The phase in is designed to protect those most exposed or vulnerable first and disseminate from there is the plan I read about.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
That's an oxymoron Trump - Leadership...

This is the leader you think inspires the hearts of millions...
This is where we will disagree. Trump has done very well for the United States of America. I have posted many times the things he has accomplished and you are more than welcome to look them up.

Leadership will step on toes, not everyone will be happy. If you own and manage a business you will surely know. Policies are on point, personality is a bit off. But we can probably agree with that about others we know in our personal life.

He's not a prom king, he's a businessman and a leader.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
That's an oxymoron Trump - Leadership...

This is the leader you think inspires the hearts of millions...
Indeed. He does.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
This is where we will disagree. Trump has done very well for the United States of America. I have posted many times the things he has accomplished and you are more than welcome to look them up.

Leadership will step on toes, not everyone will be happy. If you own and manage a business you will surely know. Policies are on point, personality is a bit off. But we can probably agree with that about others we know in our personal life.

He's not a prom king, he's a businessman and a leader.
Only to 2nd your post. I wish that you could all see the worldwide rush to the goal set by The President of ours and many other Countries. Private companies, unlike governmental agencies, smell profit in the wind. The President's "warp speed" gave them what they truly wanted. A clarion call to greatness.

These companies worked 24 hours a day, scientists, doctors, nurses. It was a call to saving the world from a terribly arbitrary illness.

Stand Tall America and allies. Stand tall.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
A qui j'ai oublie.

n'oublie jamais

Respectez toujours

humble et gentil

Old 11-18-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
n'oublie jamais

Respectez toujours

humble et gentil
Ah I used to be. Then I became an R.N. et a développé une attitude.

Mes meilleurs sentiments.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
OP the labs of the world were already developing a vaccine long before Trump even publicly acknowledged that there was even a disease. He has done nothing to contribute to them accomplishing what they did but he's more than ready to take the credit
You and I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies