Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 06:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

People who volunteered started receiving the vaccine in March, 2020. Of those there has not been a serious complication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 06:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
People who volunteered started receiving the vaccine in March, 2020. Of those there has not been a serious complication.
Eight months is not what I would call a "long term" trial.

Many harmful things are not harmful until much later.

Look at vaccine development, it is usually a ten year process. I find it hard to believe that now, magically, almost every established protocol for vaccine development has been tossed aside, and everyone suppose to be ok with that and blindly not question nor be hesitant about it.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

Look at vaccine development, it is usually a ten year process. I find it hard to believe that now, magically, almost every established protocol for vaccine development has been tossed aside, and everyone suppose to be ok with that and blindly not question nor be hesitant about it.
I don't think I'm going to get a vaccine. I kind of think I already had COVID, so there's that.

But I have an acquaintance who participated in the double blind research here in Austin, and she doesn't know for sure if she got the vaccine or the placebo, but her arm hurt and she was sick for 3 days. Some of the other patients she was testing with never had a single after affect, so I'm thinking she got the vaccine and they got the placebo.

Being sick for 3 days is something to consider, IMHO.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

I think your questions are relevant and important.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:18 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
The vaccines are a long way off from widespread distribution. Doctors and nurses treating Covid-19 patients could be getting it as soon as December.

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/statu...94377716203521

Old 11-18-2020, 07:19 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The vaccines are a long way off from widespread distribution.

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/statu...94377716203521

So we already have adverse effects being reported? Hows any of this rushed crap going to pass through the FDA and be thrown out to millions of people in a few weeks?

This scary population control here my friends

Old 11-18-2020, 07:38 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
So we already have adverse effects being reported? Hows any of this rushed crap going to pass through the FDA and be thrown out to millions of people in a few weeks?

No, this is a combination of road to hell paved with good intentions, followed up and supported by the medical industry, lobbyists, and politicians, in which any negative fallout, worse case scenario the vaccine has near and long term detrimental side effects to a substantial portion of the population, are all funded by the gov which will underfund everything, and the vaccine producers of course are protected from all of it.

The vaccine could be just fine, I hope it is, I am not a vaccine expert, however, I can read, and I have read plenty to know the efforts at ensuring safety takes years.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

There were two events both of which were evaluated and said to be not related to the vaccine.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Fauci was saying that, Trump only repeated what Fauci told him. You remember Fauci, the Dr who said healthy people should not be wearing masks? Yeah, that guy.
Trump said in March it would be gone by Easter while the big pharma around the world was already competing to create a vaccine. Those are the facts.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump said in March it would be gone by Easter while the big pharma around the world was already competing to create a vaccine. Those are the facts.
I'm finding colored eggs all over town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies