Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 02:48 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,810 times

Advertisements

Setting aside all the folks suffering from TDS, the one way media who simply cannot bring themselves to report in full context and evenly and the fact we are in the middle of a Pandemic, I feel there is a glaring issue that was a self inflicted wound that cost Trump a second term.

Even with everything going against Trump, I feel he would have won if he did one simple thing. If he spoke nicer and more compassionately this year during these stressful times. I get that his schtick has been the "You're Fired" thing and the guy is a genuine ********, but he did himself in by not toning that stuff down when people needed some niceness. I feel 100% confident Harris/Biden would not have done any better with the Pandemic, simply because they were late to the party when they were claiming Trump was over reacting when he started limiting travel and wanted people to avoid going into the cities for those celebrations (ironic, I know), so they would have had an even deeper hole to dig out of. BUT, Trump could not bring himself to stop with the rude, tough guy, in your face, downright mean talk and lots of people vote on feelings over actual policy. That cost Trump dearly. IMO, Trump has no one else to blame but himself. Yes, the deck was stacked against him with all the previous items I mentioned, but if he just decided to be a kinder, more attentive person this year I bet he would have won a second term.

This is on Trump, though he will never ever admit to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 02:55 PM

865 posts, read 442,129 times
Agree! If he doesn’t win he has only himself to blame. The tough guy attitude put a lot of people off and lots of people just couldn’t see past it.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:55 PM

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
You are likely correct. That very well may have made a difference.

What we also know though, is that even if he spoke nicer and showed more compassion, the left would have hated him the same and probably would have called him weak. He could have done no right in their eyes.

They hated him from the get go. More hate than I've ever seen before. It's hard to be nice when you have that much vitriol being spewed at you 24/7 by just about every news outlet, not to mention every other lowball shenanigan the left showered on him.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:58 PM

6,371 posts, read 2,913,730 times
He is what he is. He's comfortable in his own skin and would not be able to put on a faker personality. But serious;y most of the 'outrageous' comments and tweets were just overblown by the fake media machine.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Trump and his “own the libs” supporters felt his base was all he needed. He was an ******* every single day. It’s not just what he did, it’s who he is. He even alienated long time US allies.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:01 PM

17,327 posts, read 12,279,109 times
If he had simply come out of his Covid hospitalization making a statement like Chris Christie did I think he would have taken it. But his personality would not allow that.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:02 PM

6,701 posts, read 2,996,767 times
I am one of those that generally went along with his policies but absolutely loathed the 'way' he came off.

I wanted to slap that phone from his tiny hands.

I kinda of just filter out his ramblings. And chalk it up to him just Trolling the left who are attacking him.
I never 'believed' his tweeting lies,..I mean,. Exaggerations.

But he kept true to his guns and pushed policies that his base wanted.

So be it. Did his 4 years. Didn't win a second. It happens.

Next guy up, I can't say if I agree with him or not yet as I dont' care what he says,.I wanna see what he does.

But I have a feeling I won't be cringing at his tweets.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
If his administration had even bothered to come up with a sound policy for dealing with Covid, that might have helped. But debasing the most eminent scientist we have in infectious diseases, lying about the statistics, coming out with weird suggestions like bleach, and a total lack of empathy and sympathy for those who have DIED needlessly hopefully did sink him, because with some mismanagement of a pandemic he didn't deserve to win.

For me it's not even all the things he said, it is all the horrible things his administration did, like a big tax break for wealthy corporations and individuals, hundreds of protective regulations for the environment struck down resulting in dirtier air and water. I am never going to vote for an administration that is actively trying to destroy the environment. It's the only earth we have.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:06 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I am one of those that generally went along with his policies but absolutely loathed the 'way' he came off.

I wanted to slap that phone from his tiny hands.

I kinda of just filter out his ramblings. And chalk it up to him just Trolling the left who are attacking him.
I never 'believed' his tweeting lies,..I mean,. Exaggerations.

But he kept true to his guns and pushed policies that his base wanted.

So be it. Did his 4 years. Didn't win a second. It happens.

Next guy up, I can't say if I agree with him or not yet as I dont' care what he says,.I wanna see what he does.

But I have a feeling I won't be cringing at his tweets.
Just curious: What were the actual policies he enacted that you so admired or agreed with?

You had it right the first time: his tweets and other statements were often lies, his lies numbered in the thousands. Why give the guy a pass when he lied right into America's face. Why would you want a leader who lies to you?

Old 11-05-2020, 03:08 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,922,391 times
Someone told me this and it really stuck out to me. Trump does not have a sense of humor. He doesn't joke, he doesn't say anything lighthearted. Any jokes he tries to make are cruel and at other people's expense. He's not someone you'd want to sit down and have lunch with. That someone simply has no sense of humor is a red flag for them, personality-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies