Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 04:11 PM

499 posts, read 471,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nope.

Not those born to accredited diplomats.
*sigh* Okay, I accept this qualified exception. But to the original point, this exception has no impact on either Obama or Harris, both of whom meet the constitutional criteria for natural citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 04:33 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
Since no person except a natural born citizen is eligible to hold the Office of President then what difference does it make if the VP isn't one either?

Art. II, Sec. 1
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

12th Amendment
But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Sorry, but if you don't like the selection they made for President, then your really not going to like the selection she is going to make for Vice President.

20th Amendment
Sec. 3 If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.

25th Amendment
Sec. 2 Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Let's just say Biden is the new Floyd.
I know which Floyd you are talking about. No chance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9IgLueodZA

Old 12-28-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartIrish View Post
I believe you meant the principal.
No - I mean the principle of the Natural Born Citizen term.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartIrish View Post
*sigh* Okay, I accept this qualified exception. But to the original point, this exception has no impact on either Obama or Harris, both of whom meet the constitutional criteria for natural citizen.
Oh, naturally! But you are missing a word in your assessment, for pertinence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6KdGo4B8Sc

Old 12-28-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What flavor are the clouds in your world?
HEY I left the park in 1969.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7_MFlsVrY

Old 12-28-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Oh, naturally! But you are missing a word in your assessment, for pertinence!
I gaze at women who are pertie lissome girls.

Be pert - be alert.

This country needs more lerts!

Old 12-28-2020, 05:21 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
HEY I left the park in 1969.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7_MFlsVrY
I am not sure you did, but would pay cash money to watch you test your theory that no laws signed under Obama are valid. Can I pick one for you to start? I mean, it’s one thing to come on an internet forum with that drivel, but it’s another to put your ass on the line and try to prove it. I do not think you have the gumption.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
What flavor are the clouds in your world?
In 1970, in an English class at Montana State University, the class was required to listen to Lucy in the Sky With Diamond and write the words down and then write the sense of it.

The professor was from Berkley, the class rebelled, and there was a brawl.

The prof was just trying to open the minds of conservatives to enhance their language abilities.

Whelp, I got an A, and the rest of the class, not so good.

Because of the brawl, I convinced the prof to inform the students that they were required to grade themselves on their quarter report card. I gave myself an A, and I got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hTUPFBaaQ

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-28-2020 at 06:16 PM..

Old 12-28-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I am not sure you did, but would pay cash money to watch you test your theory that no laws signed under Obama are valid. Can I pick one for you to start? I mean, it’s one thing to come on an internet forum with that drivel, but it’s another to put your ass on the line and try to prove it. I do not think you have the gumption.
Hey, I give classes locally on the subject of CORRUPTION.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Key words, "I do not think"

It's OK - It's Okay - I understand..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies