Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 05:44 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
70% of America's economy is in counties that voted for Biden, and I have a feeling that we'll be on the hook for welfare benefits and food stamps for the Trump Kingdom. I'd just as soon have access to those areas of the U.S. if my tax dollars are going to keep feeding them.
they want to secede apparently. So fine, let them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 05:52 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Serious question. We are reaching a point of no return where the two sides are never going to come together and eventually may tear the country in half.

I don't agree that the two sides will tear the country in half. California has a lot of deep red areas full of Trump believers -- he got more votes in California than any other state. Some move out but the vast majority are staying. There is little or no animosity on the street or in daily life. People get along for the most part.

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Live next door to a highly militarized, warlike and irredentist society that no longer has to kowtow to anything or anyone else? No thank you! I don't want to be in the path of Operation Barbarossa II.

There would be a very big wall.

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Sure, as long as it was no where in North America.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This has to be the most hilarious Trump troll post I've read on City-Data. And you think the left has gone off the rails. This is full-blown stupidity at it's finest. If it does happen, I certainly hope you all have Trump build walls around your states so you can never get out.

Trump Kingdom

My state? I am in Oklahoma. I like it here.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't agree that the two sides will tear the country in half. California has a lot of deep red areas full of Trump believers -- he got more votes in California than any other state. Some move out but the vast majority are staying. There is little or no animosity on the street or in daily life. People get along for the most part.
I was reading something the other day how since EO's have become a major tool for presidential agenda it lowers our standing as a world power. Trump reverses Obama's EO's. Biden reverses Trump's EO's. If the next POTUS is GOP they will go back the other way again. We are in the Paris Climate Agreement. Trump takes us out, Biden puts us back in. Same for the Iran nuke deal. We are so polarized in congress few if any will cross the aisle for much of anything. We are not stable.

Now some are questioning the election process. Well actually more than some 70% of Trump voters. Cooler heads prevailed who put the country over party this time. But the blueprint is pretty simple. Put hyper partisan state judges in as well as hyper partisan state election board people. Hyperpartisan SOS's and Gov's. We have opened the Pandora's box of winning at all costs.

I know the majority of people get along but there is a growing segment on both sides that do not and one of those has been in the White House for 4 years. What is the tipping point in the percentage of people unhappy or an event like overturning state election results and handing the result to the other side?

Old 11-23-2020, 06:40 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Have any of you who think this is a good idea actually ever spoken to someone with different politics than yourself?

And maybe just start out with something that's not some an "us vs. them" culture wars topic? Maybe talk about the weather, sports, coffee, music, cats, dogs, hammers, the grandkids etc.?

Based on some of these comments, it honestly sounds like some of y'all have never even met someone of a different political party and only know what you've read on conspiracy theory websites.

Try it sometime.
Like this website:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...controversies/

Old 11-23-2020, 06:40 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
Quote:
My state? I am in Oklahoma. I like it here.
I'm glad you do. We should all be happy where we live. Still, under your scenario, you should be walled off, really

Old 11-23-2020, 06:42 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
They can split off Alabama and Mississippi for all I care.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:45 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
This question is for Trump voters. Serious question.
No, it's not a serious question. It's an asinine question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies