Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 06:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Could I pretend to be a Trump voter just long enough to vote in support of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That would not work. All the blue is in the large urban areas. Take out the big cities and every state is red. About 85% of the country.

Besides, democrats say the demographics are all changing and all states will be blue in 30 years or so anyway, so why even bother?
State elections are done by popular vote, not empty land. Let each state vote and anyone that's unhappy with the result can move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
we all know which are the maker states and which are the taker states. Blue America will just kick back watching Red America crumble once they are no longer subsidized by Blue America
I used to feel that way but I'm so tired of them I'd like to ignore them entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 06:48 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That would not work. All the blue is in the large urban areas. Take out the big cities and every state is red. About 85% of the country.

Besides, democrats say the demographics are all changing and all states will be blue in 30 years or so anyway, so why even bother?
Um... lands don't vote. People do.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,194 times
Quote:
Blue America will just kick back watching Red America crumble once they are no longer subsidized by Blue America
Sure genius......where are the cattle? The crops? (Except the San Joaquin)

Some of the people on your side are so dense it's just funny......

Old 11-23-2020, 06:58 PM

Re: the OP...yes I am all for splitting this country in two. We are more split every year and there is absolutely NO chance of ever getting back together. NONE.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:13 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This question is for Trump voters. Serious question. We are reaching a point of no return where the two sides are never going to come together and eventually may tear the country in half.

How about the red states become their own country? Name it whatever you want. A new constitution is created making it a Kingdom run by the Trump family. No elections just successors that are Trump family members who would rule the country. Call them Presidents, Kings, Imperial Rulers, whatever you want. Elections, the MSM and Democrats getting in the way would no longer be a problem.

And the Democrats would have their own Blue America with which they can do as they choose.
I would be more than happy to split this country apart. Especially after the Democrat's Summer of Riots, where progressive terrorists burned, assaulted and killed their fellow citizens, with the approval of the Party and it's propaganda wing. The rest of your post was just asinine; no supporter of Trump wants him as king. It was just refreshing to have a president that didn't hold disdain for his and our country.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:16 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
we all know which are the maker states and which are the taker states. Blue America will just kick back watching Red America crumble once they are no longer subsidized by Blue America
When the Blues realize that food doesn't originate at the grocery store.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:22 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
They can split off Alabama and Mississippi for all I care.

Why? Alabama has more engineers per 1000 employed folks per capita than any other state.

No, I'm not going to provide any link, just google it, as I've been told a few times via the "reputation link."

Old 11-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
When the Blues realize that food doesn't originate at the grocery store.
Shhhh.....They don't know that.......

Old 11-23-2020, 07:24 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
A Trump Kingdom, give them half of Nevada and we can re-initiate the above ground nuclear tests...

Old 11-23-2020, 07:24 PM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm glad you do. We should all be happy where we live. Still, under your scenario, you should be walled off, really

Walled off from what? I am a Libertarian. I can live in either the Blue or Red country. I am not all hyper partisan as most on here are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies