Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 12:09 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Land owners vote. Not everything outside of a city is BLM land.

That's because you know you and your family are secure living in an area that appreciates law and order and respects law enforcement.
That's certainly part of it. Fishing and clean air were the 2 majors.
Funny thing, we moved from Chicago in 1980, never bothered there, and first thing here we were burgled and robbed! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 12:09 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
LOL. T Kingdom. He's on his way out. He'll only be a memory very shortly.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:14 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This again?????????????? How many times do we have to explain it to you and yours before you get it?
LOL, the "Mexico paying for the wall" thing is sort of like the "Trump didn't call COVID a hoax" thing. Or the "Trump didn't say to inject bleach" thing.

You can tell us what he DIDN'T mean when he said all that, but you can't tell us what he DID mean.

No matter what nonsense you throw out there...he did said Mexico was going to pay for the wall through this way, or that way or some other way...fact of the matter is all that stuff was going to pretty much be the same whether there was a wall or not. Trump fans just never figured that out.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:54 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
LOL. T Kingdom. He's on his way out. He'll only be a memory very shortly.
It's funny that liberals call Trump a dictator, yet they get so angry that he will not do nationwide mandates, instead leaving decisions up to the states.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:56 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL, the "Mexico paying for the wall" thing is sort of like the "Trump didn't call COVID a hoax" thing. Or the "Trump didn't say to inject bleach" thing.

You can tell us what he DIDN'T mean when he said all that, but you can't tell us what he DID mean.

No matter what nonsense you throw out there...he did said Mexico was going to pay for the wall through this way, or that way or some other way...fact of the matter is all that stuff was going to pretty much be the same whether there was a wall or not. Trump fans just never figured that out.

Every single one of the things you mentioned have been spun by the liberal left and debunked by the right! Mexico is paying for the wall in many ways and I'm not going to repeat them for the umpteenth time because you and yours will just keep repeating the same nonsense anyway. Biden is going to stop building it and yet you're still not happy and complaining? No new taxes were imposed on the taxpayer by Trump getting it started using defense funds either. The funds were already there! At any rate, were you as upset when under Obama 700 miles of inferior fencing was built complements of the taxpayer? No of course you weren't!

It's another lie to claim that Trump called the virus itself a hoax. He said the over reaction to was a hoax. Big difference, but it doesn't matter to you lefties you lie and spin it your way anyway!

It's another lie that Trump suggested that anyone inject bleach into their bodies. What he said is that it would be nice if that kind of treatment would work but anyone with half a brain would know that it wouldn't and in fact could be fatal. Big difference, but it doesn't matter to you lefties you lie and spin it your way anyway! Despicable!!!!

Old 11-24-2020, 01:08 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Show me the comment where he says to inject bleach? I can't find it, I bet you can't either, because it doesn't exist.
"several websites and social media posts have taken them out of context. The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. "https://www.politifact.com/article/2...disinfectant-/

Same thing with calling COVID a hoax, which he never said, so no need to defend anything. You might actually research what he said. It was from a rally on February 28th in South Carolina.
"Kamala:"The president said it was a hoax. They minimized the seriousness of it."
We called her statement false, pointing to our rating of a similar statement from Joe Biden in March."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...ump-didnt-cal/

I never took it literally that Mexico was going to cut a check for the wall. Listening to Trump speak in full context, I understood it to mean that we were getting ripped off through trade deals that he was going to renegotiate. We were going to get our money back through those deals. So it's not a surprise when Trump tweets:
"Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!"

You can debate whether the USMCA is going to do this or not, but that was what I understood as the intention all along. It was Democrats who ran with the idea that Mexico was somehow going to write us a check, which I never understood. I guess they said this to set up a strawman to ridicule.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:15 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Yeah, lets rip the whole country apart because you don't like who won the election. Worked out real well the last time it was tried.

Makes perfect sense.

It's not that we don't like the election (we don't), but rather those who won the election hate the rest of us. So much do they hate us that they are now approving of outright violence against us and anyone not in their camp. A divorce is an appropriate thing at this point.

When they tell you who they are, believe them.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

Exactly.
The United States of America.
Anyone needing to succeed from the Union because they lost an election is no Patriot, but are traitors to our Great Nation.
The Pendulum swings back and forth, wait long enough your side should be in charge again at some point.
Until then put on your big boy/girl pants and take it like a grown up.
And yet throughout Trump's presidency there were voices from the Democrat side that expressed desire to secede. Are they "traitors?"

Or is this another case where the criteria before no longer counts?

California secession movement starts gathering petition signatures

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/cali...ignatures.html

Silicon Valley investors call for California to secede from the US after Trump win

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...silicon-valley

Calexit! California prepares landmark referendum to break away from US in protest at Trump

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ia-usa-protest

Calexit: Groups calling for California secession after Trump win

https://www.kshb.com/news/national/c...fter-trump-win

Last edited by Absolom; 11-24-2020 at 01:34 PM..

Old 11-24-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Lol it’s funny how far right wingers are all “‘Merica!” until their loser leader loses. Now it’s all about Civil War and leaving the union. It’s treasonous and you calling for this are traitors of the United States of America.

See post #121

So I'll ask you what I asked another poster. Are those Democrats who were floating the idea of secession during Trump's presidency, according to your criteria, "traitors?" And if not, why not?

Last edited by Absolom; 11-24-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 11-24-2020, 01:35 PM

2,774 posts, read 901,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This question is for Trump voters. Serious question. We are reaching a point of no return where the two sides are never going to come together and eventually may tear the country in half.

How about the red states become their own country? Name it whatever you want. A new constitution is created making it a Kingdom run by the Trump family. No elections just successors that are Trump family members who would rule the country. Call them Presidents, Kings, Imperial Rulers, whatever you want. Elections, the MSM and Democrats getting in the way would no longer be a problem.

And the Democrats would have their own Blue America with which they can do as they choose.
I think it would be more practical to round up the America hating progressives, since most of them are scared of guns and would comply quickly to an armed group of deplorables, especially if we promised them free stuff and no Rona virus. We could put them in isolation camps in the least inhabited parts of the country where they could set up their Utopian dream world and wouldn't be bothered by the deplorables. Provide them a few months of water, a few cases of hand sanitizer and face masks, some old Army C-rats or MRE's, some top soil, seeds (I hear Michigan has a surplus) and shovels and watch them go to work. The sound system would pump out "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony" 24/7. It would be paradise for them. A win win I'm thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies