Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 08:54 PM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Bro - you need to look that word up. You are sooooo liberal/leftist. Do you just like to think you're in the middle because you think it makes you superior or something...?

Another 'I'm in the middle' phony. What is it with you guys. Just be what you are..........
Many of his policies are ok. No new wars, cutting taxes cutting regulations. I am very pro 2nd amendment. I am fine with his SCOTUS picks. I am 100% Libertarian. Voted for Jo and for Libertarians for over 20 years. Ron Paul is my hero in politics. Trump is yours? My hero is a zillion times a better human being. And has convictions Trump does not comprehend. Trumps positions come from saying what thinks people want to hear. You call me a liberal. Please. Trumpers are liberals.

Trump seems comfortable with a large federal government. Massive budget deficits. Look at the trillions in handouts this year. He wanted a shutdown and got it. So Trump is a mixed bag as is Biden. Trump and Trumpers are much closer to Democrats than I am. Calling me a leftist is silly. Trump was a NYC leftist almost all of his life. Veered a bit away from that to run for POTUS. Still inside he is a NYC liberal. Its obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 09:25 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Counties that voted for Biden are responsible for 70% of the GDP. Try again.

We do the real work. You don't know jack **** about working.

We represent America. Blue states are the reason people want to come here. No one wants to come to America to live in Mississippi.
White Americans fund the country. White Americans create wealth and prosperity. White Americans vote red.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:27 PM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Don't overthink it. People can move if they don't like the politics of their new country. We are not going to have countries split up in 500 pieces.
So you so-called Libertarians would have to swim for it?

Old 11-23-2020, 09:41 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Yes, so both red and blue can live in some peace amongst like-minded people. I don't, and don't want to, understand liberals' minds, and I'm sure they don't want to understand mine. I would be immensely happier surrounded by fellow reds in a red nation.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:48 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
The globalists do have a correct observation about something... the more resources are spent constructing militaries to protect us from each other, the less resources we have to spend on more productive activities. Splitting up the US would create a similar situation. The two halves are less strong than the whole and more resources are used to maintain the two in comparison to maintaining one. If we somehow merged with Canada we would further benefit from a consolidation of resources, and the ability to drive straight up to Alaska with no fuss.

This works until a certain point. You wouldn't want a single world government with no individual say in what each state can do, because that would be like having a big corporate monopoly with no competition. It's a balancing act.

That said, communism doesn't work for the same reason. By spending so many resources trying to control people's behavior via propaganda to a certain narrow way of living, you lose massive amounts of resources that could be better used to advance society, not to mention the lack of innovation from constraining people's ability to access information.

The system we have works pretty good.. a friendly sort of cooperation between developed nations without some new world order dictatorship demanding people behave a certain way like China... most things that come out of that country... well.. they are mostly inferior copies... they don't innovate... western society innovates and they copy. I'll stick to my mixed capitalist societies. It wouldn't hurt if we had single payer health care and a better support system and less corruption in the US though.. but I still want to keep my guns... and I want a society where people are encouraged to work, not be parasites, but not a society of slaves either. A balancing act.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:55 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Will we build a wall around it to keep them from getting out?

Old 11-23-2020, 09:59 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Even if you made a new country out of the red states, all the biggest cities in that new country would be blue. So it would be just as divided anyway.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:02 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,657 times
Lol it’s funny how far right wingers are all “‘Merica!” until their loser leader loses. Now it’s all about Civil War and leaving the union. It’s treasonous and you calling for this are traitors of the United States of America.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:29 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
King, leader for life. Whatever you want to call it. Lots on here have called for leading for life as well as his kids succeeding him. I just took it to its logical conclusion. I believe that if Trump put it out there and his family promised to continue all of Trumps policies forever as the family that runs the country they would get a lot of support from Trump voters. Trump voters trust Trump and his family, other republicans not so much.
You are living is some alternate reality where your hatred has consumed your mind. Sadly, this is the new liberal M.O.

Nobody here that I know of has seriously called for Trump to be some kind of demigod, but you leftists never seem to comprehend what's really being said anyway, and I'm not really surprised you actually believe that.

Old 11-23-2020, 10:34 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

Exactly.
The United States of America.
Anyone needing to succeed from the Union because they lost an election is no Patriot, but are traitors to our Great Nation.
The Pendulum swings back and forth, wait long enough your side should be in charge again at some point.
Until then put on your big boy/girl pants and take it like a grown up.

We split from GB because we didn't like the person in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies