Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 09:27 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Lol calm down chief. far left drivel? I’m far from it I just use sense and nobody is taking away guns completely.

As far as bans on some guns? Yeah I think there should be...I’d rather air on the side of caution and if some gun collector are mad that can’t have every type of gun they want oh well too bad.

I think we should err on the side of caution and only allow some religions to exist in this country, religions that promote terrorism should be banned and if some fanatic is mad that they can worship here then too bad.

I think we should err on the side of caution and only allow certain people marry because we would not want to promote deviants and some people are mad they don't get to pretend to be women, or start believing that pedophilia is normal then o well too bad.

Lastly lets err on the side of caution and ban most people from voting since we wouldn't want to risk deadbeats and morons deciding what happens with actual tax payer money and if some people are mad they don't get to vote themselves more free stuff then o well to bad.

fixed your far left drivel for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 09:32 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I thought Obama came for the guns. Are there any left for Biden to come for at this point?
Covid is spreading like crazy due to folks who don’t care. They don’t give a **** about the overwhelming suffering and thousands of lost lives. I will never understand. How preventing illness and saving lives became a political issue?

Gun violence is another topic that plagues the nation. They don’t care about that as well. Regulations and restrictions? Trying to prevent the insane from collecting arsenals - bad, bad, bad!

First it was Clinton coming for their guns. Never mind that now there are more weapons in people’s hands than during Clinton. Then Obama was attacking the people, trying to take their guns. That didn’t happen, but it doesn’t prevent them from continuing the same propaganda with Biden.

Old 11-27-2020, 07:42 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
They can have my gun when they pry it from me with THEIR cold dead hands. Usurper Joe is a senile old nitwit but even he knows that his ass would be tossed out of office in a heartbeat if he tried any such thing. Nobody would obey it, nobody would enforce it.

Old 11-27-2020, 07:58 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I thought Obama came for the guns. Are there any left for Biden to come for at this point?
No, Obama never actually came for our guns......he just threatened to. And because of the threats and perception, there are now tens of millions more.

Now Biden has been much more specific about coming for them. We'll see.

But a huge tax is certainly one way, although no one will comply. That will create an interesting situation....

Old 11-27-2020, 08:02 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Covid is spreading like crazy due to folks who don’t care. They don’t give a **** about the overwhelming suffering and thousands of lost lives. I will never understand. How preventing illness and saving lives became a political issue?

Gun violence is another topic that plagues the nation. They don’t care about that as well. Regulations and restrictions? Trying to prevent the insane from collecting arsenals - bad, bad, bad!

First it was Clinton coming for their guns. Never mind that now there are more weapons in people’s hands than during Clinton. Then Obama was attacking the people, trying to take their guns. That didn’t happen, but it doesn’t prevent them from continuing the same propaganda with Biden.
Mostly hypocritical moralizing, but once again we are entertained with the faulty logic of "because Bill and Obama didnt do it, no way Joe will"

Old 11-27-2020, 08:06 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Mostly hypocritical moralizing, but once again we are entertained with the faulty logic of "because Bill and Obama didnt do it, no way Joe will"
Exactly. And Bill did try with the ban of '94.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Although nothing happened before we are always sounding the alarm! As such, the best course is to continue making noise with every democrat president! (Now all that’s missing is a new conspiracy about their secret plans).

Old 11-27-2020, 12:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Trump has been milquetoast on protecting the rights of gun owners at best, and depending on how pro-gun orthodox you are, in company with some of the most gun grabbing presidents in my lifetime at worst.

But I do see Biden being just as bad or worse. Mainly because of idiots like the McCloskeys and Rittenhouse*

*not because Rittenhouse used his gun for self-defense, but because he is a high school kid who should have been at home in bed, not in another sate with an illegally procured and transported gun, intentionally traveling to an area he knew was experiencing social unrest/rioting.

Gun rights are under way more threat from irresponsible use by "the good guys", than their criminal use.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:30 PM

10,131 posts, read 1,028,461 times
the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:36 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Yes, Bill did sign the failed, and sunseted Assault Weapon and magazine ban of 1994 which we suffered through for ten years. The only thing that stopped Obama was a Republican Congress. If Biden is elected and gets a Dem Congress we will get effective gun bans and confiscation. They might be called buy backs, but they will be mandatory and unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies