Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 03:09 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,232,184 times

Advertisements

I'll make them fire me and join the class action suit when it inevitably comes.

Old 12-16-2020, 03:21 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the danger is insignificant. you have more risk of dying of 1000 different other things. i believe it's my body my choice. anyone who takes the vaccine should be protected.
...but not on purpose

Old 12-16-2020, 03:34 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yea, even in states where there is a religious exemption, I think there still will be numerous legal issues that will come up.

I am surprised, yet not surprised, at people's reaction, if not being obtuse, to the concerns about the vaccine many people have. I think it is perfectly reasonable to question such things like this, it is not like there is 50 years of history behind this vaccine, even the type is brand new. There are people who have gotten every vaccine they should, their entire lives, and are pausing with a question regarding this one.
This whole situation reminds me of an old "Twilight Zone" episode.

A spaceship with aliens on it lands on earth, and among the items the aliens have is a book (mysteriously titled in English) "How to Serve Man." Everyone is tripping over themselves to welcome the aliens who want to "serve mankind". Unfortunately, what they really learn is that the book is a cookbook, and that the aliens didn't come out of altruism, but out of hunger.

To answer the original question, my husband is going to try to find out if he has the antibodies already, in case that eliminates the requirement for the vaccination.

Old 12-16-2020, 03:42 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
To answer the original question, my husband is going to try to find out if he has the antibodies already, in case that eliminates the requirement for the vaccination.

There is more and more evidence accumulating that having had the disease and even having antibodies is not a guarantee of immunity from future infection.

Old 12-16-2020, 03:59 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There is more and more evidence accumulating that having had the disease and even having antibodies is not a guarantee of immunity from future infection.

Covis19_84 is a virus, much like OTHER COVID viruses.

Could you define the "disease" it causes?

Other COVID viruses cause what's known as the "common cold"; not a well defined DISEASE.

"Cases" is NOT a "disease".

Old 12-16-2020, 04:04 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

Other COVID viruses cause what's known as the "common cold"; not a well defined DISEASE.

Typical Internet diversionary tactic.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And more and more evidence is accumulating that the vaccination does not prevent infection, only lessens the severity of the symptoms.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:08 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

There is no "Covis19_84".

The virus is SARS-CoV-2.

The disease it causes is COVID-19. There are no other "COVID" viruses, though there are other coronaviruses that usually only cause the cluster of symptoms we call the common cold. There are other viruses, including adenoviruses and rhinoviruses that also cause colds.

Most people who are infected with SARS-CoV-2 do not develop COVID-19. COVID-19 requires symptoms for the diagnosis. Just a positive test is not sufficient.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:10 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
And more and more evidence is accumulating that the vaccination does not prevent infection, only lessens the severity of the symptoms.
Source, please. As far as I can tell that information has not been reported yet.

Moderna and Pfizer have data from monkey studies showing their vaccines do prevent infection.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Source, please. As far as I can tell that information has not been reported yet.

Moderna and Pfizer have data from monkey studies showing their vaccines do prevent infection.
"These observations suggest that we cannot assume COVID-19 vaccines, even if shown to be effective in reducing severity of disease, will reduce virus transmission to a comparable degree. The notion that COVID-19-vaccine-induced population immunity will allow a return to pre-COVID-19 “normalcy” might be based on illusory assumptions."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...976-0/fulltext

Interesting interview with a medical researcher:

"people often ask me, ‘Will this vaccine work?’ That seems such a simple question, and it’s so complex. There are so many caveats to answer: What do we mean when we say a vaccine ‘works?’ Does it mean it prevents diseases and infection, or does it mean to prevent transmission? And I think the most important vaccine that we need is one that prevents severe disease and death because that is what causes the most burden in our hospitals and of course loss of life. That’s what we’re all aiming for."

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...re-cases-68109

Everything I have read indicates this is like the flu shot, not like a polio or smallpox vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies