Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 08:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Just to remind people, the questions isn't if you think your employer will, it is if your employer demands it.....

Old 12-15-2020, 08:19 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nobody is forcing anyone to get the shot. They can just let you go, just like they can if they have a workplace rule against cigarette smokers.
And objectional lifestyles...oh wait

Old 12-15-2020, 08:21 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's a good question!
I once owned a business and had employees.

I think if I was still in that business, I would pay for all the costs of inoculation and require my workers to get shot unless they had something from their doctor that declared the vaccine was a hazard to their health.

If someone refused, I would let them go.

To me, it's a simple matter of economics. Any business that can show it is safe from spreading or catching the disease is bound to do more business with less hassle nowadays than one that isn't safe.

I would need every extra nickel that came right now, as would my employees. The loss of a good worker who refused to take the vaccine would hurt the biz, but a departure would be an opportunity for a gofer to step up and show some newly developed skills.
If not, I could always join the work force on the floor and do the job myself. I had to train almost every single employee I ever hired anyway because of the specialized nature of the biz.

I wouldn't be happy about letting anyone go, for sure. Finding the right person for the job was always extremely difficult for me, but once found, the folks who worked for me were both very good at what they did and were very happy doing it. I always had a darned good crew, and I never fired anyone until the final day it was open. The last person I fired that day was myself, and it was a very black day for me.

But exposing a worker of mine to the virus and then watching him die or become disabled would be a day as black, and a day I would do something about if I could.

Health and safety for all is more important than any individual's right of refusal to me when I'm ultimately responsible for everyone who's working under my roof.

I understand that I could possibly be sued for such an action, but I think a court and a jury would see things my way.
but there are people who may not take the vaxx now, i.e. pregnant woman and those with severe allergies. what if an employee claims one of those legitimately. so they wont get vaxxinated.. they will still pose the same danger to other employees as those who refuse to take it. so now what?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:22 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nobody is forcing anyone to get the shot. They can just let you go, just like they can if they have a workplace rule against cigarette smokers.

i think a business should be able to fire anyone with the exception to forcing them to get a medical procedure or vaccine. in some states, you can not fire people just for being gay for instance.

your job should not be able to even know if you had a vaccine or not. what if every business adopts this policy. you could make an exception for medical.

the best comparison is a boss cant force women to have sex with him but what if he says if she wants to continue working there she must have sex with the boss. he is not forcing her to have sex she can say no but he will fire her. well getting a vaccine is unwanted penetration of a foreign substance the boss is not forcing you to get the vaccine but you will lose your job if you do not get it.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-15-2020 at 08:38 AM..

Old 12-15-2020, 08:22 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
You all do know where this is going, right?

Eventually we will be required to wear an armband, and then be forced to get a chip implanted.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:25 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
but there are people who may not take the vaxx now, i.e. pregnant woman and those with severe allergies. what if an employee claims one of those legitimately. so they wont get vaxxinated.. they will still pose the same danger to other employees as those who refuse to take it. so now what?
the danger is insignificant. you have more risk of dying of 1000 different other things. i believe it's my body my choice. anyone who takes the vaccine should be protected.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-15-2020 at 08:41 AM..

Old 12-15-2020, 10:10 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhipps View Post
This thread is intended for those that don't feel comfortable taking the vaccine. If you are, feel free to scroll on by.

I did notice that Mark Zuckerberg said he would not require Facebook employees to get the shots if they didn't want to.
One word: Allergy.

That's all you have to say to avoid it.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:58 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,041,292 times
At the end of the day businesses are going to do what there lawyers and insurance companies tell them to do to avoid lawsuits. They have the right to set the rules and you have the right to follow them or leave. This is not rocket science. Those blue cards provided at time of vaccine will be used as admission cards.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:03 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
oh this morning on tv, they reported that there is going to be a government registry of who took the vaccine, what kind, it will have your name, and a few other infos. people are worried about your personal info on this registry. and also now another report said that airlines are making you prove you took the vaccine. so it begins.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:49 AM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
oh this morning on tv, they reported that there is going to be a government registry of who took the vaccine, what kind, it will have your name, and a few other infos. people are worried about your personal info on this registry.
That's not going to happen. System logistics prevent it, even if everyone was in favor of it. Skynet doesn't exist yet. Heck, the FBI national registry of felony criminal offenders can't even be kept up to date, and it has far fewer people in it.

[/quote]
Quote:
and also now another report said that airlines are making you prove you took the vaccine. so it begins.
At most, that's going to be a card or slip from whoever administered the vaccine to an individual.

People make all kinds of "reports" on television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies