Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 11:49 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,053,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
MOre Americans dead from covid than the AXIS powers killed all of WWII. Guess the new neo-fascist Republican Party is happy with itself. They beat Hitler's record..... in number Americans dead. Now they are working to match number dead from Civil War, actually they are wanting a new Civil War.....
A Leftist rant... If Nancy Pelosi would quit playing her stupid games and quit packing the bills with all the craziness she wants... Which more of that added pork isn’t going to help the average citizen... ONE SINGLE BIT, something might get passed to help the average citizen during these tough times.

Well, the media and Big Tech are now the true power in the country and fully control the storyline... Why don’t we hear them speaking up for the average people??

Funny, but they’re pretty freaking quiet... Unlike a month ago.

America, we’ve just been played!! All I can say is good luck to us all and hopefully, as individuals, we can make it through this crisis.

And Yes, COVID is real. I just lost my brother to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 11:50 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
One of the big sticking points is that McConnell doesn't want to pass anything that doesn't have immunity for employers(from covid exposure liability) as part of it.

Meanwhile non-tax paying churches get millions in bail outs.
Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church got $4.4 million in federal PPP loans

Old 12-15-2020, 11:51 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Eh... I'm kind of cruel on this issue. I don't support feeding starving Africans because they breed like rabbits and make the problem worse. That kind of thing happens with low income people also... they breed like rabbits, we give them more welfare.

This pandemic has forced people out of work so it's different, but around here there are plenty of help wanted signs. I suppose that's different in huge cities that have mostly service economies. I'd support food handouts or some kind of food EBT cards versus stimulus. I just don't trust these same people who pass the stimulus bill won't give half the money to themselves and their rich buddies. I support stimulus for people to get FOOD and only FOOD not their entire mortgage paid off or other debts wiped clean. Should we suspend utility payments and allow rent to be delayed? These are all tough questions. It's easy to sit here with my job and assets and judge people. I should be more compassionate. I just see how corrupt people are and how they mismanage their finances and it doesn't make me all that compassionate.

I talk about "rewarding irresponsible behavior" a lot. We need a system in place to get people fed and basic needs met until the jobs come back, but it has to have limits... not just wipe everyone's debt clean and bail out everything.... maybe we should do this... I don't know.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:57 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
One of the big sticking points is that McConnell doesn't want to pass anything that doesn't have immunity for employers(from covid exposure liability) as part of it.
I guess the check from Tyson Foods cleared. Blessed be the Job Creators.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:57 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Congress is the scum of the earth. All of them, both sides, both branches.

Term limits are the only answer.
My mantra for the last 20 yeas has been don't re elect nobody.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You can't keep printing money forever. We are really destroying our children's future. Maybe the very rich can donate some money for a change and people can just chip in if they can.
Tax the rich much more...that will allow us to pay to feed those in need.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:06 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I guess the check from Tyson Foods cleared. Blessed be the Job Creators.
Yeah, will it also include liability shields from setting up betting pools on whether your employees get sick?
https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2020...ract-covid-19/

Old 12-15-2020, 12:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,067,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Absolutely. McConnell, Pelosi, Feinstein, get them all out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My mantra for the last 20 yeas has been don't re elect nobody.
For the life of me, I don’t understand how these scumbags get in and then stay there for 50 years.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:08 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,043,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
A Leftist rant... If Nancy Pelosi would quit playing her stupid games and quit packing the bills with all the craziness she wants... Which more of that added pork isn’t going to help the average citizen... ONE SINGLE BIT, something might get passed to help the average citizen during these tough times.

Well, the media and Big Tech are now the true power in the country and fully control the storyline... Why don’t we hear them speaking up for the average people??

Funny, but they’re pretty freaking quiet... Unlike a month ago.

America, we’ve just been played!! All I can say is good luck to us all and hopefully, as individuals, we can make it through this crisis.

And Yes, COVID is real. I just lost my brother to it.
I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:14 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Congress is the scum of the earth. All of them, both sides, both branches.

Term limits are the only answer.
I agree, most are overpaid, self serving egomaniacs who think they actually are public servants, when they're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies