Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 06:50 AM

1,969 posts, read 679,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Immunity doesn't do much against delta. My neighbor caught COVID a year ago and then caught it again a few days ago and is now hospitalized. I've heard of people being infected 3 times. Just because you caught it once doesn't mean it will protect you against delta.
Yeah neither vaccines nor natural immunity will stop Delta. However, I expect that cases will rise quickly and fall precipitously. Expect the same in FL as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
How did India's epidemiological curve come down, then?
That's what happens with natural mutations. The virus only wants to spread so mutations that are less deadly but more prone to spread will succeed.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:56 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,523,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
That's what happens with natural mutations. The virus only wants to spread so mutations that are less deadly but more prone to spread will succeed.

You just won't admit it COULD be the ivermectin in India's case, will you?

I've posted a few things about that very issue, actually.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:03 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,064,325 times
Default Steve Walsh wasn't vaccinated.

Steve Walsh, husband of State Rep. Sara Walsh, dies after battle with COVID-19

Anti-Vax Missouri State Rep's Husband Who Mocked Coronavirus Deaths on Social Media Dies of Covid-19

Steve Walsh, tweeted about how only a "fraction of 1 percent" of Americans had died due to Covid-19.

Steve Walsh, the communications director for U.S. Rep. Vicky Hartzler, died Thursday morning from complications of COVID-19. He was 63.

https://www.komu.com/news/midmissour...ea2836550.html

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...fa4c76af5.html

Old 08-23-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
You just won't admit it COULD be the ivermectin in India's case, will you?

I've posted a few things about that very issue, actually.
It might be the case as well; I just don't know the facts. Is that still prescription only in the US?

Old 08-23-2021, 07:12 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,523,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
It might be the case as well; I just don't know the facts. Is that still prescription only in the US?
Yes. I actually have been prescribed the medicine from a doctor as a preventative.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Yes. I actually have been prescribed the medicine from a doctor as a preventative.
Hmmm I'll ask my PCP about it. Thanks.
Also, can someone explain this re: Israel?
Quote:
Unlike previous epicenters of infection in Israel’s crowded, less-vaccinated ultra-Orthodox communities, this scourge primarily took hold in well-vaccinated, middle-class suburbs.
Israel, Once the Model for Beating Covid, Faces New Surge of Infections

Old 08-23-2021, 07:22 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
T cells do not prevent infection.

Without high enough antibody levels, you are stuck in "purgatory". This is a state where the "hospitalizationists" deny you the ability to get a third shot, but the "propagationists" leave you feeling guilty about not wearing masks or social distancing.

Definitions:

1. "Purgatory" - The state, approximately 6-8 months after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, where your protection against infection/transmission has declined to low levels, but you can't get a booster yet.

2. "Hospitalizationist" - a person that believes that the vaccine only needs to avert hospitalization and death, and does not need to prevent transmission or long covid.

3. "Propagationist" - a person that believes that one individual has a moral duty to avoid passing the disease onto others.
T cells means that your body will recognize the virus, it won’t be the first time your body has seen it. Similar to flu. It may not prevent infection but the vaccine can not do that very well either.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,809,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
Current Covid hospitalization rate:

Top 25 vaccinated states: 17 per 100K
Bottom 24 vaccinated states: 33 per 100k
The virus is hitting the southern states currently due to timing, they did the same last year at this time. The northern states will be next. The above is a flimsy argument.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:34 AM

18,555 posts, read 15,651,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
T cells means that your body will recognize the virus, it won’t be the first time your body has seen it. Similar to flu. It may not prevent infection but the vaccine can not do that very well either.
The whole point is that a vaccine that focuses on T-cell response will do a much poorer job stopping infection and transmission, compared to a vaccine that produces higher antibody levels. Same with booster shots.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:34 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,804,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The virus is hitting the southern states currently due to timing, they did the same last year at this time. The northern states will be next. The above is a flimsy argument.
The people I know in NY are bracing for a tough fall and winter. We did have a lot of natural infection in the first and second waves, so hopefully that will help us, but who knows. If I had to predict who will get hit hard during the upcoming flu season, it will be the states that didn't have natural infection the first few times, like Vermont, Maine, NH etc. They ONLY have vaccine immunity and it will be almost a year past their vaccination dates. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.