Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 11:44 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,515,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Anyone who hasn't already gotten the vaccine doesn't want it. They will get it for one reason only: to avoid job loss and poverty. Very few people in real life are politicizing this. Why is it hard to believe people don't want these shots? No means no.

Who cares why Republicans, blacks, poor people, or PhDs aren't getting vaccinated? A "no" from anyone is a NO, and normal people respect that.
Spot on. No does mean NO. People need to call this out for what it is. In every way they can think of, they are forcing people against their will to put a chemical in their body.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:47 AM

327 posts, read 212,130 times
I’m good friends with my ex from 15 yrs ago and they work for the FDA. Let’s just say this wasn’t a normal “approval”. This was pushed with money by lefty agenda. That’s what you won’t here in the news.

Also on another note one of neighbors was hospitalized for heart failure after taking the vaccine just 45 hours after. Hmmmm

Old 08-23-2021, 11:48 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,420,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
I’m good friends with my ex from 15 yrs ago and they work for the FDA. Let’s just say this wasn’t a normal “approval”. This was pushed with money by lefty agenda. That’s what you won’t here in the news.

Also on another note one of neighbors was hospitalized for heart failure after taking the vaccine just 45 hours after. Hmmmm
Why is it a "lefty agenda", exactly? Wasn't "Warp Speed" a GOP initiative?

Old 08-23-2021, 11:50 AM

11,877 posts, read 5,856,576 times
To be expected but there are videos of blood smears being released by doctors and researchers (no these aren't the ones going around last Jan) and it is quite alarming to me There are also MRIs showing the inflammation around the heart of those who got the vaccination.

To everyone applauding this decision - it takes years - sometimes decades to get a vaccine approved. The animals they are working on are rodents - RATS - which is fine for test trials but there has not been significant testing on humans. Besides which the latest testing out of Sweden has seen the creation of small blood clots and there have been reports of reproductive disorders and excessive or absent menstrual bleeding.

I was just informed today that my 80 yr old aunt, uncle, cousin, his wife and their 4 oldest kids tested positive for Covid - they ALL were vaccinated.

I'm vaccinated but I'm afraid everyone jumped out of the fire and into the pot because we just don't know enough yet. This has been a carp show since day one with misinformation, flip flopping ect....

Old 08-23-2021, 11:51 AM

1,969 posts, read 678,001 times
Thanks for being the vanguard vaxxers and putting your bodies on the line. We appreciate what you've done for science and look forward to the results of the Phase 3 trials.
NPR: One-Third Of New Drugs Had Safety Problems After FDA Approval
Quote:
Alexander commended the researchers, saying their study "underscores the importance of surveillance" after a drug has been launched. He says this helps researchers find new problems — and new benefits — associated with a drug.
"All too often, patients and clinicians mistakenly view FDA approval as [an] indication that a product is fully safe and effective," he says. "Nothing could be further from the truth. We learn tremendous amounts about a product only once it's on the market and only after use among a broad population."

Old 08-23-2021, 11:53 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,160,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Completely political and ridiculous without long term side effect studies.

And places mandating workers get it offer no financial compensation if there is a major adverse effect. The Govt Vax injury fund you need an act of God to get paid, and it would take years anyway. Workers comp applies to workplace injury, not a vaccine taken on own time. Why is this? Them saying side effects are rare seems to be the only answer.

No one can give a solid answer on this. Why?

Old 08-23-2021, 11:54 AM

11,877 posts, read 5,856,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Why is it a "lefty agenda", exactly? Wasn't "Warp Speed" a GOP initiative?
Actually we are now seeing the leftist agenda - just because Trump promised a warp speed vaccine didn't mean I believed that either and still feel the vaccine was pushed out too fast. Who are you going to sue when something goes wrong because you can't sue the pharmaceutical companies like you can with any other drug. That alone should give you pause but........ you're too enfolded in the left's lies.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:54 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,515,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post

I believe that. The FDA approval suspiciously coincides with the federal mandates they just rolled out...Not exactly subtle.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:55 AM

607 posts, read 557,881 times
The main study discussed used in the decision was a decent size study, but there are other errors that would discredit a non-political version of such a study. (https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download)

The biggest one being that it wasn't double-blind. Those who received the vaccine not only self-selected, but knew they received the vaccine. While those who did not receive the vaccine also self-selected.

Consider how those self-selections suggest different behaviors in the face of Covid-19.

Those who sought out the vaccine likely view themselves as vulnerable -- they are likely to be disproportionately old, obese, and have underlying conditions the main criteria for vulnerability. Furthermore, they are probably not going to crowded bars and concerts while not wearing masks relative to the group choosing to eschew the vaccine. Lastly, the vaccine does have a flu-like effect on many people who receive it, knocking people out of commission for a day or two and sometimes a bit longer...those people are staying home while the unvaccinated people are out and about...an important difference in their relative likelihood to get Covid, especially when they were only tracked for a median of 2 months.

I'm not saying this proves the vaccine does nothing, absolutely not.

If the results presented were the result of Ivermectin in place of the vaccine, the results would be rightfully thrown out as untrustworthy for the reasons supplied above.

Get the vaccine or don't, everyone should have the choice.

But just know that the FDA slapped a rubber stamp on something for political reasons.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,801,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Spot on. No does mean NO. People need to call this out for what it is. In every way they can think of, they are forcing people against their will to put a chemical in their body.
If anyone has gotten to this point without getting the shots, they have probably already:

-lost friends

-maybe lost a job

-have restrictions on their travel

-wonder if doctors will turn them away

-endured massive amounts of government and peer pressure

-live with the idea that society thinks they are horrible people, and blames them for the pandemic

-may have have had to drop out of college, or switch schools

So it's probably safe to say, we're not getting the shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.