Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 04:52 PM

43,546 posts, read 18,621,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Is there not a point where the tin foil stuff does not get old? If I had a $ every time some half baked conspiracy got repeated on here I would up there with "evil" Bill Gates soon. For a year I heard covid would disappear if Biden won. Now with Biden its getting worse and worse. And the news media is still talking about it nonstop which was predicted not to happen. So it seems if I assume the opposite of these conspiracies will be what actually transpires.

The delta variant is spreading because of low educated white people and people of color who are misinformed and easily manipulated by educated people for various reasons. And those people are concentrated in red states. Which is why red states are doing worse. Not because of illegal aliens.
Let's see some stats for the bolded above because that gets old too.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:53 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,824,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Funny how that pro-choice point of view has never extended to a woman's uterus
It has for me. I’m pro choice for abortion and for vaccine. How about you?

21,427 posts, read 7,502,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's at least in part a promotional effort so they are going to try to reach undecided folks, but I agree and I think that they are already planning to meet people at their homes who ask for that.
Oh, it's a "promotional effort" all right. That's my point. My comment was directed to those who are saying that some people are homebound and can't otherwise get the vaccine. We don't need a door-to-door effort for that; it could just be made available for homebound people who request it.
It is noble work.

I am proud of those people who would volunteer their time to help get the word out.

Let's face it, most of the people they are trying to save are Republicans, some are Q-nuts. They are NOT going to be requesting a visit, but they still deserve a break.

This is crazy, I know ... but even these hard hearted folks deserve a chance to live out their days without the permanent scarring of their lung tissues or their kidneys or heart. Yeah, they don't appreciate it, and they scoff at the efforts, but it is still a worthwhile effort to spare them the suffering and the possible early death.

The rest are going to be people who have a long distrust of the medical community since past abuses. The black communities have been very distrustful because of some of the things foisted upon them, and they are being exposed to the misinformation put out by the Q-people and anti-vaxxers so they are reluctant too, especially in red states where the propaganda runs thick. They deserve the extra effort to give them good information and an easy access to the vaccine too!

I can't repeat this often enough: This is noble work.

30,331 posts, read 11,959,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrums View Post
Just saw an official email today where I work about the need to be vaccinated to come to work. The policy states that if you are accused of being unvaccinated or come down with the Corona virus and cant prove you have been FULLY vaccinated then you can be terminated.

Anyone else seeing this where they work?

Papers please comrade.

I have been self employed for many years. I make more money and get to make the rules. Employment situations are not democracies. They are dictatorships or a Kingdom. As long as the rules are legal which requiring vaccinations is not much you can do but go elsewhere.

1,943 posts, read 569,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Funny how that pro-choice point of view has never extended to a woman's uterus
...or to a societies arm.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:54 PM

7,256 posts, read 4,592,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Covid is spreading because it’s an airborne virus. Blaming it on people is ridiculous.
Now Biden is going to require the vaccine for all federal employees. It has NOTHING to do with my job.

I had been considering it but now, just out of spite, I am not getting it. If that means I have to get a covid test every day untiL I retire... that is what it means.

I can't wait to vote the loon out of office.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:55 PM

45,319 posts, read 26,588,564 times
Knowing what we know about the vaxxed and transmission,we can call these door to door super spreader events.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:55 PM

7,256 posts, read 4,592,344 times
Now Biden is going to require it for ALL federal employees. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.

It has nothing to do with my job.

I was considering it but now... now I am not doing it out of spite.

Can't wait to vote that idiot out of office.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:57 PM

19,988 posts, read 9,537,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Listening to Fauci, it appears the mask recommendation is predicated on some evidence that vaccinated people who have breakthrough cases can transmit to others even though they are asymptomatic. It has nothing to do with vaccinated people being at greater risk. So this recommendation is to protect those who won't protect themselves, the unvaccinated. Seriously? Sneeze on 'em, cough on them. If they get sick they deserve it. Who cares? They are not my problem. It is long past time we quit trying to protect these ignoramuses from themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How kind.
Have you noticed how so many on the left have expressed similar thoughts.

Of course, I am sure that many on the right might very often WISH that the those on the extreme left would just shut up and/or go away, but it seems to me that most of us do not actually wish that illness (or worse) on those who disagree with us. I have probably read at least a dozen posts from various leftists who have actually said that they do wish that conservatives/Republicans would die.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:57 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,708,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Now Biden is going to require the vaccine for all federal employees. It has NOTHING to do with my job.

I had been considering it but now, just out of spite, I am not getting it. If that means I have to get a covid test every day untiL I retire... that is what it means.

I can't wait to vote the loon out of office.
As a federal worker, I'm thrilled. None of was were looking forward to sitting chair to chair in the cubicles with unvaccinated people. Still will, but I guess having them tested frequently is the best they can do. Biden needs to grow some cajones and just fire them. We have lines of people waiting to get a federal job, it would be a great way to clean house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.