Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 08:17 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times

Advertisements

I'm not anti vaccination or a supported of required vaccinations, but if people were as concerned about covid as they were about polio, then we'd probably be better in a better place regarding covid.

So why is 'this' vaccination response so different? IMO... people don't trust those who are providing information or the product, AKA government and big pharma.

Polio is 'virtually' non existent in the developed world. Why is that? Something to ponder.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:18 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
The VAERS reports are self reported and not verified although they are eventually investigated if legitimate. There's already been scam posters in the VAERS database and they do try to get those out of there. I'm not saying that the reporting system is all full of lies, it's not. But it's a reporting system and anyone can put anything in there. No one should be using VAERS to make a decision about vaccination because none of what it's there has yet to be verified.

From CDC the limitations are:

If you look up any vaccine in VAERS you would never take another one in your life. Tetanus? Forget it.

But honestly I understand hesitancy. I get that you would want to be more cautious and not do another. I feel pretty confident so I will get a booster when it's available. I will read studies and confirmed, vaccine-related injuries and make my decision based on that. I won't use VAERS though.
I'm familiar with VAERS. My husband reported his allergic reaction to the Moderna shot. A few months later they contacted him to verify the lot number. While anything has room for abuse, I don't see a vast conspiracy of VAERS bots. The information is verifiable, and it is a crime to file a false report. I think the government is capable of sorting the real from the fake, if they are paying close enough attention.

I still can't see going ahead with boosters until they've resolved the issues that are coming up on VAERS, and in the general public.

Everyone keeps saying VAERS isn't verified, yet when will they be verified? When can we expect transparency? After the fifth mandated booster?

Old 07-28-2021, 08:18 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They sure haven’t taken looking into ivermectin very seriously in all of this. There is no profit to be made with it though.
Honestly, that's what pisses me off the most.

Even if I give everyone (Big Pharma, Big Government and scientists & doctors connected to both) the benefit of the doubt, the refusal to pursue treatment is maddening.

If a fraction of the money that was poured into the vaccine - or a fraction of the profit at the point - was put into a treatment protocol, we wouldn't be talking about lockdowns and passports and mandates.

It's like the powers that be want to control and profit at the expense of all else.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:20 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is the part of the story where the experts say "We always knew that."

The vaccine gaslighting has begun. People were told it would be better than it is, but now we are told we were always told it wouldn't be. Clear as mud.
+1000. I have been around long enough to see it. We have an epidemic of "flip flopping" in this country. It's not just Fauci. This is more dangerous than Covid. Anyone who merely points it out is attacked.

Boosters weren't part of the initial vaccine "deal". Let's get real for a moment and admit that. It was snuck in later. Every person I have talked to in RL has said the SAME thing when I bring up boosters, "WHAT boosters?" LOL Very sad that I will be gaslighted by many fact twisters here just because I have been paying attention more than most to all of the inconsistencies.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:22 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
These are not vaccines. They are mitigative shots.

The flu is a coronavirus, CoViD-19 is a coronavirus.

There are no vaccines for coronaviruses.

There are periodic mitigative shots for coronaviruses.

These new mitigative shots are already becoming a semi-annual and eventually annual cash-cow for big pharma.

It was clear as a bell since Day One for anyone who doesn't watch stupid television.

These new mitigative shots are like an annual subscription service for Office 365 or one of those streaming services for cheap entertainment.

Enjoy!

Cancel any time?

Speaking of cheap entertainment, at least this forum is free.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:23 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,767,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I'm not anti vaccination or a supported of required vaccinations, but if people were as concerned about covid as they were about polio, then we'd probably be better in a better place regarding covid.

So why is 'this' vaccination response so different? IMO... people don't trust those who are providing information or the product, AKA government and big pharma.

Polio is 'virtually' non existent in the developed world. Why is that? Something to ponder.
Polio vax took 7 years to develop and many people died from the first batch which was contaminated with "live" vaccine instead of the actual Salk vaccine (which was not a live vaccine).

No one wants to get sick - people have reason to be leary of how quickly this vax came about.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:29 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Honestly, that's what pisses me off the most.

Even if I give everyone (Big Pharma, Big Government and scientists & doctors connected to both) the benefit of the doubt, the refusal to pursue treatment is maddening.

If a fraction of the money that was poured into the vaccine - or a fraction of the profit at the point - was put into a treatment protocol, we wouldn't be talking about lockdowns and passports and mandates.

It's like the powers that be want to control and profit at the expense of all else.
Agreed. The sole focus has been on the vaccine, nothing else. Now we are in a situation where we know the vaccinated can still catch and spread covid, evidence of waning efficacy, even for preventing more serious cases and the answer is, more vaccines, more masking.

They have never seriously looked at treatments that doctors on the frontlines have been using with success since the very beginning. They have always shot it down by saying we don’t have enough evidence yet they aren’t even trying to do any meaningful studies.

It’s telling.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:30 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I'm familiar with VAERS. My husband reported his allergic reaction to the Moderna shot. A few months later they contacted him to verify the lot number. While anything has room for abuse, I don't see a vast conspiracy of VAERS bots. The information is verifiable, and it is a crime to file a false report. I think the government is capable of sorting the real from the fake, if they are paying close enough attention.

I still can't see going ahead with boosters until they've resolved the issues that are coming up on VAERS, and in the general public.

Everyone keeps saying VAERS isn't verified, yet when will they be verified? When can we expect transparency? After the fifth mandated booster?
I think it takes a long time, unfortunately, for the verification. The database looks for patterns and then people take that data and further study. We won't get anything fast.

And as I said, I understand the caution. Hell, I didn't take a flu shot until I was 55 years old. I am just trying to weigh random reactions posted (not yet proven), side effects, etc, against my age and my likelihood of suffering terribly should I get the virus. My 62 y/o cousin got COVID in March and spent 4 months in the the hospital and a step-down facility before she finally got out (and she was not better when she got out). Personally, I've just seen a disturbing trend of illness with the virus in my family and acquaintances. Rarely did any of them have a "mild" illness in my view.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:36 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Polio vax took 7 years to develop and many people died from the first batch which was contaminated with "live" vaccine instead of the actual Salk vaccine (which was not a live vaccine).

No one wants to get sick - people have reason to be leary.
Well reality is, people don't mind getting 'sick', they mind dying or suffering physical injury. Why do people only (on average) get flu shots at a 40% rate? Getting 'sick' is part of life and most of us accept that.

Another observation is why are we still in emergency distribution of the vaccine?

Still... Polio is essentially non existent, in spite of the early vaccination failures. Leary and caution is good, fear isn't. How is fear over come? knowledge and consistent ACCURATE information.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:37 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think it takes a long time, unfortunately, for the verification. The database looks for patterns and then people take that data and further study. We won't get anything fast.

And as I said, I understand the caution. Hell, I didn't take a flu shot until I was 55 years old. I am just trying to weigh random reactions posted (not yet proven), side effects, etc, against my age and my likelihood of suffering terribly should I get the virus. My 62 y/o cousin got COVID in March and spent 4 months in the the hospital and a step-down facility before she finally got out (and she was not better when she got out). Personally, I've just seen a disturbing trend of illness with the virus in my family and acquaintances. Rarely did any of them have a "mild" illness in my view.
There has not been a single poster who has been against personal choice for adults to get the vaccine.

On the other hand, there is a multitude of posters who advocate for forced vaccinations for all, cheer the government vaccinating children against parent's wishes and who hope the unvaccinated drop dead tomorrow.

And personally, the vast majority of people in my circle (including the 100 year old mother of a friend) who have gotten covid over the last year and half, have no long term effects and compared it to the annual flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.