Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 07:58 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotosesi View Post
So much for the illegals being the ones causing the rampant Covid-19 surge in America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ps-11627464601
''

So 75% don't oppose the vaccine?

Old 07-28-2021, 07:58 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I was actually talking about the data from Israel showing that efficacy wanes to about 16% by the six month mark. We didn’t know this until very recently. Not just for elderly people or those who don’t have a robust response.
This is the part of the story where the experts say "We always knew that."

The vaccine gaslighting has begun. People were told it would be better than it is, but now we are told we were always told it wouldn't be. Clear as mud.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:00 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I was actually talking about the data from Israel showing that efficacy wanes to about 16% by the six month mark. We didn’t know this until very recently. Not just for elderly people or those who don’t have a robust response.
The 6 month data came out from Pfizer close to 3 months ago, if memory serves me correctly (which it probably doesn't--time flies). Antibodies did wane but they were still robust enough for coverage. I believe they have recently got the 9 months data in and along with Delta they are definitely pushing for that booster.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I didn't expect a booster back in March when I had my first dose. But I have been watching Pfizer test their initial recipients every 3 months for antibody levels so I knew what they were looking for. At 3 months and at 6 months the antibody levels were good. I believe their 9 month data with the additional of Delta is showing something different.

Just based on what they were doing, I could surmise that there was potential for antibodies to wane and this could be coming.

I don't know who told you that you were "wrong" because that would have been dumb of that person. How could they know more than Pfizer?
It was a debate on these forums at one point.

There are thousands of reports piling up of deaths and injuries. Don't you think we should get to the bottom of that before third doses?

I can see why a very high risk person would want them, and I support their access to boosters. But if it becomes a policy, it seems premature given the VAERS reports.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:03 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times
How many of y'all actually read the research and science to understand covid? or do you get your info from the media? and other non science sources? maybe it's time to try. Lots of science and data available so educate yourselves.

https://www.sciencemag.org/collectio...intcmp=ghd_cov

Old 07-28-2021, 08:05 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

The vaccine gaslighting has begun. People were told it would be better than it is, but now we are told we were always told it wouldn't be. Clear as mud.
You know what's strange? As soon as all the data came out (on a large scale) that the vaccines were never meant to stop covid in it's tracks, that vaccinated people still contracted AND spread covid and that the CDC was telling everyone (no matter what their vax status) to put the masks back on - federal and local governments and numerous private businesses decide to mandate vaccines for all employees.

If I were a more cynical person I would think the goal wasn't to stop the pandemic, it was just to create a populace that was a bigger revenue stream for Big Pharma.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:

There is so much gaslighting going on it’s crazy. I had never heard anyone say, until today that we always knew efficacy would drop dramatically by the six month mark.

It’s been less than a week since people started saying, “we always knew that the vaccine only prevented severe cases, but did not stop transmission.” If people always knew that to be true then why on earth were they pushing for herd immunity and for everyone to get the vaccine to protect others when that can’t work if the vaccine does not prevent transmission.

It makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You know what's strange? As soon as all the data came out (on a large scale) that the vaccines were never meant to stop covid in it's tracks, that vaccinated people still contracted AND spread covid and that the CDC was telling everyone (no matter what their vax status) to put the masks back on - federal and local governments and numerous private businesses decide to mandate vaccines for all employees.

If I were a more cynical person I would think the goal wasn't to stop the pandemic, it was just to create a populace that was a bigger revenue stream for Big Pharma.
It is a strange convergence: data about waning immunity, the vaccinated being able to spread delta, AND more mandates and pressure.

Seems to me it would be logical to shift away from "the vaccines will end the pandemic so everyone needs to get them" toward "the vaccines protect the individual from dying, so get one, two, or three if you want to."

We definitely can't ignore the profit motive.

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
It was a debate on these forums at one point.

There are thousands of reports piling up of deaths and injuries. Don't you think we should get to the bottom of that before third doses?

I can see why a very high risk person would want them, and I support their access to boosters. But if it becomes a policy, it seems premature given the VAERS reports.
The VAERS reports are self reported and not verified although they are eventually investigated if legitimate. There's already been scam posters in the VAERS database and they do try to get those out of there. I'm not saying that the reporting system is all full of lies, it's not. But it's a reporting system and anyone can put anything in there. No one should be using VAERS to make a decision about vaccination because none of what it's there has yet to be verified.

From CDC the limitations are:

Quote:
VAERS data alone cannot determine if the vaccine caused the reported adverse event.
This specific limitation has caused confusion about the publicly available data, specifically regarding the number of reported deaths. In the past there have been instances where people misinterpreted reports of death following vaccination as death caused by the vaccines; that is a mistake.

VAERS accepts all reports of adverse events following vaccination without judging whether the vaccine caused the adverse health event. Some reports to VAERS might represent true vaccine reactions, and others might be coincidental adverse health events not related to vaccination at all.

Generally, a causal relationship cannot be established using information from VAERS reports alone.

The number of reports submitted to VAERS may increase in response to media attention and increased public awareness.
It is not possible to use VAERS data to calculate how often an adverse event occurs in a population.
If you look up any vaccine in VAERS you would never take another one in your life. Tetanus? Forget it.

But honestly I understand hesitancy. I get that you would want to be more cautious and not do another. I feel pretty confident so I will get a booster when it's available. I will read studies and confirmed, vaccine-related injuries and make my decision based on that. I won't use VAERS though.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:13 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
It is a strange convergence: data about waning immunity, the vaccinated being able to spread delta, AND more mandates and pressure.

Seems to me it would be logical to shift away from "the vaccines will end the pandemic so everyone needs to get them" toward "the vaccines protect the individual from dying, so get one, two, or three if you want to."

We definitely can't ignore the profit motive.
They sure haven’t taken looking into ivermectin very seriously in all of this. There is no profit to be made with it though. Instead we’ll just keep doing the same thing we have been doing for the last year and a half, knowing that the vaccine does not stop,transmission and knowing that people will need frequent boosters to help prevent severe cases and see how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.