Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 06:18 AM

585 posts, read 495,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Why wouldn’t you ask your doctor?
I did and she told me I should still get it but might have a reaction to the first and second shot. But that isn’t enough for me to get it.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
This thread is a great example of the typical knee-jerk reactions of many people to media propaganda.

Delta variant, scary stuff! If everyone were vaccinated we would be riding our bikes naked through Philadelphia.
I think it's astounding that people are terrified of the DELTA variant when I can find no evidence anywhere of a test that is being used to confirm it.

No test.

No confirmed number of delta variant cases.

No evidence.

Yet EVERYONE believes that this delta variant is infecting everyone everywhere.

NO PROOF. Just MSM says so.

Stunning. MSM can say anything now and people will believe it.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:20 AM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I did and she told me I should still get it but might have a reaction to the first and second shot. But that isn’t enough for me to get it.
so get the J&J..one shot

Old 07-28-2021, 06:20 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, liberals think Americas low class inner cities and urban areas are going to get vaccines? LOL.
lol they would

Old 07-28-2021, 06:23 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The CDC was not clear on just why vaccinated people needed to wear masks, I thought. Later Fauci made it sound as though it is all about protecting unvaccinated people - that the vaccine would keep vaccinated people from getting much more than common cold symptoms even if they got it. If that is truly the case, then to hell with the unvaccinated. Vaccinated people have done their part to end this pandemic. More should not be asked of them. It is high time the irresponsible people who are refusing this out of poltical pique suffer the consequences of their ignorance.

So the CDC needs to make it clear just why they are changing. Whom are we protecting?
While I agree with your point in a very general sense, I’d actually feel pretty terrible if someone who was unvaccinated died because they picked up the virus from me (vaccinated). I’m not thrilled about wearing a mask, but it is really not that big of an ask. And I also figure it might just give me some marginal additional protection from others beyond the vaccine (though I acknowledge I am basing that on hope more than science). But I do get where you are coming from.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The reason Delta actually is more lethal is because due to its higher viral load and quicker binding capability to ACE2 receptors it can overwhelm even vaccinated immunity. You can't summon your B cell or T cells quickly enough.

It's already problematic for Cancer and Transplant patients. Code Red for everyone else by October.
Don't you mean "more contagious" rather than "more lethal" cause more lethal means death.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:24 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The willfully unvaccinated are like New York City cab drivers wreaking all kinds of havoc and mayhem around themselves yet always miraculously emerging unscathed. When officials ordered us to shelter in place, the we the vaccinated complied while the unvaccinated decried the pandemic as a scam and continued to live their lives as if it didn't exist. When officials ordered us to mask and physically distance, we the vaccinated complied while the unvaccinated screamed at, spat on, beat up, and even murdered store employees tasked with enforcing masking and distancing. From March 2020 to May 2021, we the vaccinated remained in our homes as ordered, only to leave when absolutely necessary while the unvaccinated continued to gather, crowd restaurants and airplanes, and attend clandestine parties. When the CDC announced that we the vaccinated could our masks off and come out of sequester, the unvaccinated tore off their masks and burned them like draft dodgers burning their draft cards. The unvaccinated have always been the ones to spread the virus throughout the community both before and after the vaccine. It is solely because of the unvaccinated that the pandemic will last indefinitely or at least until it has eaten through every last member of the unvaccinated population. Meanwhile the unvaccinated will continue to overwhelm our healthcare personnel and cost our healthcare system billions of dollars, of which the insurance system will pass on to the general population as much as possible. I now wholeheartedly support and will vote for any proponent of universal mandatory vaccination. I don't care if people have to be sedated and strapped to gurneys, I support mandatory vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s8iw0dOsCM

Old 07-28-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Where is the data that says natural immunity is equivalent or better than that provided by the vaccine? Not saying you are misinformed, but from what I have read, my understanding is that the vaccine confers a longer period of immunity.
Well Pfizer lasts for 6 months...now down to 39% efficacy.
Natural immunity from catching it is still strong after 8 months (time of study linked below)

Natural immunity from catching something is always better, stronger and more long lasting than a vaccine.
That's how it's always been until covid when they change the rules with no basis to back that up.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19

Edit: just found a 1 year study...antibodies still there after 1 year of recovering from covid.
https://www.newsweek.com/study-indic...ection-1596930
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

Old 07-28-2021, 06:28 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,162,146 times
OP wants people strapped to gurneys.

I hope they re-open the Mental Hospitals - Fast.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
dont have to prove anything to me. I think there is a link between vaccination and autism. my point here is this is a stupid study. someone paid for this study and its stupid.

who wouldnt understand that kids with autism dont have as many shots as those without?

and we are talking about like it matters?

why? whats the point? what is the publisher here trying to do?
Shame parents of autistic kids into getting them fully vaccinated.

I'd bet the study was funded by a vaccine manufacturer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.