Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 06:05 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It only means that if you don't understand the HIPPA laws.

As a health care provider, I am not allowed to share your health care records with ANYONE, without your permission. THAT is HIPAA.

If someone asked me if you were vaccinated, it would be illegal for me to tell them one way or the other.

It is not illegal for someone to ask YOU to share them.

And it is your legal right to tell them or not tell them whether you are vaccinated. But they can have their own rules as to consequences of not telling them. Businesses are free to make their own rules, regulations, and requirements.
^^^ This. We can and should have a policy argument regarding whether or not proof of vaccination can be required to access restaurants, venues, or what have you, but this does not require any change in the HIPAA laws. In addition to what AnesthesiaMD noted, there has always been explicit exceptions in HIPAA for public health activities. See, e.g, 45 CFR Secs. 160.203(a)(1)(iv) and 164.512(b), available at https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...ion-201303.pdf

Old 07-28-2021, 06:07 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The Delta variant spreads more easily but it is substantially less lethal.

The vaccine is safe and effective? No, it is not; you are incorrect.

Fully vaccinated individuals can contract the virus and still fall sick and DIE.

And there have been numerous cases of vaccinated individuals who developed very serious conditions; many were 30 years old or younger - very healthy young adults. And in some cases, people died.
The reason Delta actually is more lethal is because due to its higher viral load and quicker binding capability to ACE2 receptors it can overwhelm even vaccinated immunity. You can't summon your B cell or T cells quickly enough.

It's already problematic for Cancer and Transplant patients. Code Red for everyone else by October.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:08 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,419,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
For the unvaccinated people who had Covid previously where is the data saying you need the vaccine? You have a natural immunity built up, who says that’s not good enough? Data please….
Where is the data that says natural immunity is equivalent or better than that provided by the vaccine? Not saying you are misinformed, but from what I have read, my understanding is that the vaccine confers a longer period of immunity.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:09 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Why wouldn’t you ask your doctor?

Old 07-28-2021, 06:09 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Dear BirchBarlow,

I see you did not return to the thread to engage any commenters after you posted the rant of the day. Perhaps it was your bedtime story before lights out, and you aren't even awake yet. Fair enough. TOS say I must not attack the poster, but ok to attack the post. Also fair enough.

So....your post is alarming, to put it mildly. Perhaps you would have been happier in 1943 Nazi-occupied Europe. Aside from history books, I only had the little bit of retelling my veteran father felt comfortable enough to share with me growing up. He fought in one war and one conflict, was wounded severely yet still managed to get 17 of his wounded men over a hill to safety, one by one. Took him all night. My mother saved a newspaper clipping detailing that night, and the medals he received. Why am I bringing it up as a response to your manic & insanity-laden post? Because you have NO CLUE what you are wishing for.

In later years when his kids would ask for details, my dad wouldn't give up much. Instead, he would ask us to consider living in a world where everything we did, everything we said, was watched, controlled, regulated or punished. He witnessed first hand what innocents had to endure under a dystopian nightmare, and raised us to question anything our gut told us was wrong.

My gut tells me two things: 1) you're angry & woefully ignorant...and 2) your view is entirely one-sided. Your views are exactly the kind a strict-control government wants its citizenry to hold. There is is no gray area, no in-between for you. Be careful what you selfishly wish for....

Sincerely,
A vaccinated human who would never want what you are hoping for.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:11 AM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I didnt. Do what you think best for you. Do not let the the rampant propaganda and trash talk from bitter selfish leftists sway you.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Golly gee, I guess because this is a discussion forum where people share their personal viewpoints on societal issues.
And virtue signal.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:16 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,536,587 times
This thread is a great example of the typical knee-jerk reactions of many people to media propaganda.

Delta variant, scary stuff! If everyone were vaccinated we would be riding our bikes naked through Philadelphia.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
This thread is a great example of the typical knee-jerk reactions of many people to media propaganda.

Delta variant, scary stuff! If everyone were vaccinated we would be riding our bikes naked through Philadelphia.
They seem to be reading the same script.

"One mind, many voices"

Old 07-28-2021, 06:18 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I work with HIPPA. In this situation the people you encounter have the right to know if you are vaccinated or not. You need to learn the real meaning of freedom. If I am a cancer patient who cannot be vaccinated, I have the right to not be exposed top people whop are not vaccinated. That is MY right and MY freedom.
It is amazing to me that people who work with HIPAA don’t seem to realize that it is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act… and not “HIPPA”- not sure where the second P comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.