Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 05:41 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If people don't want to get the vaccine, how does that affect anyone who has gotten the vaccine?
People know the risks.
By they way, I've gotten my two shots.
This is what a lot of people don't get. This isn't an argument over whether or not someone ought to get the vaccine. This is about whether or not people should be forced or coerced in to getting it. There are many people who made the personal choice to get the vaccine who want to see everyone else have the right to make that choice for themselves. Myself included. I am not anti vax, I am anti mandatory experimental injection.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Again...honor policy.

Telling the unvaccinated to mask up did squat to incentivize them to get a shot.
So tell the vaccinated to mask up because of the unvaccinated and they will now get angry with the unvaccinated because "it's all their fault".

Mask, no mask...no one is forcing you unless your Governor/Mayor has a mask mandate in place and if they do then it's for everyone.
And the reasoning escapes them all.

If the vaccinated can pass along infection ... they pass it along to EVERYONE. Since it's been proved the vaccines do not prevent infection for the individual.

Logic says it doesn't matter who is vaccinated or not. Because the "logic" for wearing a mask means masks are forever. Even if everyone was vaccinated, the CDC would have the same position since vaccinated are carriers.

[which every thinking person already new in this tragedy of comedic horror that is current reality]

Old 07-28-2021, 05:46 AM

43,127 posts, read 18,290,317 times
No I would not get vaccinated.

The propaganda campaign seems to want everyone to get at least one if not two shots of an mRNA vaccine.

I got the J&J and I've seen numerous stories talking about putting down J&J and telling people to get one mRNA shot so they are safe.

Nah..not getting one. Not getting any boosters either. I got one J&J shot and that's it...I'm done.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:48 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Normal rules don't apply when we're in a state of emergency. First we had the war on terror. That's waning, and people aren't quite ready for the climate emergency yet so we have COVID bridging the gap. Perpetual state of emergency with all the extra powers that brings, only the name of the emergency will change.
Not sure what you're talking about. These are the normal rules. You might want to brush up on who can and cannot ask your status. Read post #10.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:50 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
So now HiPAA rules don't really apply to everything. The powers are just going to do whatever they want! HIPAA rules now seem to cover everything except vaccine status. Got it. One more step to complete control over YOUR life.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hipaa-and...195447388.html

When your "rights" impact the "rights" of others, the government has to intervene.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:50 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The willfully unvaccinated are like New York City cab drivers wreaking all kinds of havoc and mayhem around themselves yet always miraculously emerging unscathed. When officials ordered us to shelter in place, the we the vaccinated complied while the unvaccinated decried the pandemic as a scam and continued to live their lives as if it didn't exist. When officials ordered us to mask and physically distance, we the vaccinated complied while the unvaccinated screamed at, spat on, beat up, and even murdered store employees tasked with enforcing masking and distancing. From March 2020 to May 2021, we the vaccinated remained in our homes as ordered, only to leave when absolutely necessary while the unvaccinated continued to gather, crowd restaurants and airplanes, and attend clandestine parties. When the CDC announced that we the vaccinated could our masks off and come out of sequester, the unvaccinated tore off their masks and burned them like draft dodgers burning their draft cards. The unvaccinated have always been the ones to spread the virus throughout the community both before and after the vaccine. It is solely because of the unvaccinated that the pandemic will last indefinitely or at least until it has eaten through every last member of the unvaccinated population. Meanwhile the unvaccinated will continue to overwhelm our healthcare personnel and cost our healthcare system billions of dollars, of which the insurance system will pass on to the general population as much as possible. I now wholeheartedly support and will vote for any proponent of universal mandatory vaccination. I don't care if people have to be sedated and strapped to gurneys, I support mandatory vaccination.
"I now support mandatory vaccination"

Why should we care what you support?

Old 07-28-2021, 05:52 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
When your "rights" impact the "rights" of others, the government has to intervene.
I'd ask what you are talking about yet again, but that would be redundant. This has nothing to do with the government intervening. You really should read up on what HIPAA rules are.

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
This is what a lot of people don't get. This isn't an argument over whether or not someone ought to get the vaccine. This is about whether or not people should be forced or coerced in to getting it. There are many people who made the personal choice to get the vaccine who want to see everyone else have the right to make that choice for themselves. Myself included. I am not anti vax, I am anti mandatory experimental injection.

First, saying it is "experimental" is misinformation. These vaccines are one of the tested and have more data than almost any other medical treatment.

People who do not get vaccinated should face restrictions since that impact the RIGHTS of people who cannot get vaccinated.

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Well, it looks like we are in for another day of highly charged day of hot-tempered arguing on City-Data!! (I am not referring to the above posts but just the topic of federal workers being required to attest to their vaccination status or submit to regular testing.)

However, I do question Biden offering incentives to get people to get the injections?! That sounds an awful lot like bribery to me -- which, btw, has been discussed in C-D before, and I didn't like the idea of "incentives" then and I don't like it now.

(Btw, I would not have a problem with being tested, but I would have a problem with being required to have the injection/s.)

Last edited by katharsis; 07-28-2021 at 06:15 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 05:53 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The simple fact is if more people do not get vaccinated, case counts will go up and more restrictions will be put in place.
It is those that are vaccinated that are making things worse and getting sick. I am more determined than ever to not get the shots now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.