Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 05:04 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Depends if she means her HIPPA rights in the narrow or wider term.

Being asked by the press is not a violation. She is free to not disclose them.

It WOULD be a huge violation for the government to start looking into people's status.

This is a case where some member of our corrupt media asking a human turd a question they know the answer to so they can go of on one of their biased media rants. The world would be better off had neither of these two poor excuses for a human never been born. Sometimes in an interaction between two people, they both suck.

I am against forced vaccination as I regard it as overreach. I also regard antivaxxers as dumb and the leaders of said movement worthy of a daily face punch.
If people don't want to get the vaccine, how does that affect anyone who has gotten the vaccine?
People know the risks.
By they way, I've gotten my two shots.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:05 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The viral load of vaccinated people is very low. In theory the can spread it but its very unlikely. Its the unvaccinated who are the super spreaders.
This is obsolete now, the Delta variant produces much higher viral loads and can make vaccinated people contagious as well, though they are still less likely to get infected than the unvaccinated.

It would be really nice if the CDC would work on developing some sort of blood test that a person could easily take to see if they are still immune without needing a booster shot.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:06 AM

7,382 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
If people don't want to get the vaccine, how does that affect anyone who has gotten the vaccine?
People know the risks.
By they way, I've gotten my two shots.
Same here, fully "vaccinated" and I think anyone over 50 should really reconsider...but it's ultimately their choice.

This push to get kids vaccinated is illogical.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:10 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Trump did. It is what is advised by CDC/FDA or whatever. Friends of mine that have gotten it after covid some of them had a stronger reaction than is typical, like a headache, mild fever that lasted about a day. Others did not. A vaccination following infection should make you able to walk through the Valley of Delta and fear nothing.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:10 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
This is obsolete now, the Delta variant produces much higher viral loads and can make vaccinated people contagious as well, though they are still less likely to get infected than the unvaccinated.

It would be really nice if the CDC would work on developing some sort of blood test that a person could easily take to see if they are still immune without needing a booster shot
Now that would be nice!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:14 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:

It would be really nice if the CDC would work on developing some sort of blood test that a person could easily take to see if they are still immune without needing a booster shot.

You do understand there are clinical trials working on this right now? To understand how immunity behaves over time, time has to pass. COMMON SENSE!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:15 AM

366 posts, read 110,657 times
Every person at my work who got it was out at least 3-4 days sick after the 2nd dose...

Old 07-28-2021, 05:15 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
So now HiPPA rules don't really apply to everything. The powers are just going to do whatever they want! HIPPA rules now seem to cover everything except vaccine status. Got it. One more step to complete control over YOUR life.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hipaa-and...195447388.html
It only means that if you don't understand the HIPPA laws.

As a health care provider, I am not allowed to share your health care records with ANYONE, without your permission. THAT is HIPAA.

If someone asked me if you were vaccinated, it would be illegal for me to tell them one way or the other.

It is not illegal for someone to ask YOU to share them.

And it is your legal right to tell them or not tell them whether you are vaccinated. But they can have their own rules as to consequences of not telling them. Businesses are free to make their own rules, regulations, and requirements.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:16 AM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Quote:
Who says it is good enough?

Maybe a compromise position is reasonable? Like getting your antibody levels checked every month to see if you're still protected?
Except the antibodies do wane over time and it's our T memory cells which remember the viruses we've had and survived from. A few pages back someone shared links to help others better understand the immune system and the importance of T memory cells, if your interested.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Virus du jour?

Reality is we are living in a time of pandemic disease caused by a novel virus which has proven to be highly transmissible & deadly. Humans remain under threat from this virus and the pandemic which continues to wreak havoc across the globe. A pandemic is not something at which to scoff. Nor is SARS-CoV-2.

Throughout this thread's hundreds of pages it is clear that many folks do not recognize the timeline the rest of us inhabit. Those who endlessly, defiantly, and recklessly mock & argue against our miraculous vaccines and other public health measures --- that could save their own lives and help their country defeat pandemic conditions--- do not seem to grasp the circumstances of our times.

Desiring and being a part of the solution-- to the widespread and pervasive problems this pandemic causing virus creates--- is not terror. Rather it is courageous resolve & resilience with intellectual confidence & hope from the minds and hearts of civilized humans joining together for the betterment of mankind and our collective futures and those of our offspring.

May peace and health be yours.
Your "miraculous vaccines" do not prevent COVID. African variant, Brazil variant, DELTA variant ... what's next? Snufalopagus variant? Virus du juor.

Peace and health? Last time you responded to me you threatened and mocked me. Hilarious.

Continue with your propaganda ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.