Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 06:32 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The CDC was not clear on just why vaccinated people needed to wear masks, I thought. Later Fauci made it sound as though it is all about protecting unvaccinated people - that the vaccine would keep vaccinated people from getting much more than common cold symptoms even if they got it. If that is truly the case, then to hell with the unvaccinated. Vaccinated people have done their part to end this pandemic. More should not be asked of them. It is high time the irresponsible people who are refusing this out of poltical pique suffer the consequences of their ignorance.

So the CDC needs to make it clear just why they are changing. Whom are we protecting?
The unvaccinated are unvaccinated because of vaccine skepticism, which in many cases is very well-founded; some people on C-D (not you per se) perhaps think vaccine skeptics (let's focus only on the Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines) are tin foil hat-wearing nut jobs who decry science and who are to be laughed and mocked at for their ignorance, stupidity, and gullibility.

But to hell with them?

For refusing a vaccine which has no FDA approval?

For refusing a vaccine for a virus whose IFR is 0.15%, and whose median IFR for people under 70 is 0.05%?

"Suffer the consequences of their ignorance?"

There are many documented cases of individuals who took this vaccine and suffered very serious physical damage, and in some cases, permanent - including death. Were they ignorant? Not necessarily - they trusted the authorities who said the vaccine was "safe and effective."

But there is 100% legal immunity for the manufacturers - they cannot be sued. In other words, a person who takes it may develop myocardia, pericarditis, anaphylaxis, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, or even death.... and that person or his/her surviving estate has ZERO recourse in seeking compensation.

It appears you're fully vaccinated. I wholeheartedly wish you health from now until the day you die, and I hope that day come in the far, far, far future. But it's unfortunate a lot of people who are vaccinated will not enjoy the long life I hope you enjoy.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:34 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You exercise your freedom to not get vaccinated, taxpayers shouldn't subsidize you so you can sit home on the couch. This is America, you can lift yourselves up by your own bootstraps, right? I'm just applying conservative philosophy and logic here.
Employers should not be allowed to let you go because you refuse to take an experimental drug.
Do you have a problem subsidizing everyone else who is not employed, those who choose to take the subsidized unemployment instead of going back to work even though so many businesses are short staffed.
You want to punish people because they have different opinions than you.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:35 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I got it despite Biden and Kamela warning against it. I trust Trump.
All politicians who rise to the top lie. Every damn last one of them. They lie, spin, etc. Some of them lie much much much MUCH more than others. According to the Washington Post, your hero lied 30,000 times over 4 years. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...tputType%3Damp

If you blindly follow any politician (yea, Trump is officially a politician), you are.. Well…. Not so smart. Especially Mr. 30,000. While I am a R, I voted for Biden with my nose plugged. I would have voted for nearly ANYBODY but that racist bigot. And I am a while male. He was the clinical definition of a narcissist! A complete nut job! I digress..

I can point you to some whoppers if you like!

In the spirit of fairness, I DO give Trump a massive amount of credit for the quick multi vaccine rollout. He applied cost benefit analysis which was a semi easy math problem. He was smart enough to spend whatever and however to get the job done! The throttle was maxed out. Impressive. I’m quite sure most other Presidents would not have done taken it to that level. Yes look at the dope to our North. Canada was trying to negotiate pricing and had massive delays. On that point, Canada an idiot weak leader! I give Trump an A+ with the how he had a multi prong approach with the rollout plan right out of the gate. And a D- on Trumps messaging as he catered to the conspiratorial types that are now “needed” in order to keep the R’s in power. Many of the people I am talking about might be reading this post. What a F’ing mess.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 07-28-2021 at 06:55 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It is amazing to me that people who work with HIPAA don’t seem to realize that it is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act… and not “HIPPA”- not sure where the second P comes from.
I think because we tend to spell words the way they sound with spelling rules we learned in school.

I don't know what HIPAA stands for but I know what it's about and mostly what it does.

Same way with FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act).

Old 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Virus du jour?

Reality is we are living in a time of pandemic disease caused by a novel virus which has proven to be highly transmissible & deadly. Humans remain under threat from this virus and the pandemic which continues to wreak havoc across the globe. A pandemic is not something at which to scoff. Nor is SARS-CoV-2.

Throughout this thread's hundreds of pages it is clear that many folks do not recognize the timeline the rest of us inhabit. Those who endlessly, defiantly, and recklessly mock & argue against our miraculous vaccines and other public health measures --- that could save their own lives and help their country defeat pandemic conditions--- do not seem to grasp the circumstances of our times.

Desiring and being a part of the solution-- to the widespread and pervasive problems this pandemic causing virus creates--- is not terror. Rather it is courageous resolve & resilience with intellectual confidence & hope from the minds and hearts of civilized humans joining together for the betterment of mankind and our collective futures and those of our offspring.

May peace and health be yours.
Brava.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:38 AM

Report from Arkansas yesterday was not encouraging. small hospital with 30 patients dx with CoV-19 4 on mechanical breathing. Arkansas has a 41% vaccination rate.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your "miraculous vaccines" do not prevent COVID. African variant, Brazil variant, DELTA variant ... what's next? Snufalopagus variant? Virus du juor.

Peace and health? Last time you responded to me you threatened and mocked me. Hilarious.

Continue with your propaganda ...
The vaccines do just that.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:40 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,420,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The Delta variant spreads more easily but it is substantially less lethal.

The vaccine is safe and effective? No, it is not; you are incorrect.

Fully vaccinated individuals can contract the virus and still fall sick and DIE.

And there have been numerous cases of vaccinated individuals who developed very serious conditions; many were 30 years old or younger - very healthy young adults. And in some cases, people died.
What is your definition of “safe and effective”? If it means absolutely no negative reactions, then you are correct. But, that’s a pretty unrealistic standard isn’t it? I think any reasonable person would conclude that the vast, vast majority of individuals who have taken the vaccine have had no meaningful adverse reactions (if any at all). The evidence also seems to be pretty strong that if you are vaccinated you are far less likely to be hospitalized for COVID. As you point out there are some vaccinated individuals who contract COVID….most who do are fine, but some get sick and some die. But those are very rare exceptions. It appears that you are using exceptional cases to make your case, as opposed to looking at the results of the entire population of vaccinated individuals. I hope you might reconsider your position.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:41 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Default The reason for the unvaccinated? Liberal media

My wife and I both fully support vaccination. I am a physician and she is a former nurse.

We were discussing at dinner why opposition to the Covid vaccine is so widespread today, when there was very little, if any, opposition to vaccinations when we were kids in the 60s and 70s.

Ignorance and misinformation is at the root of the majority of those choosing to not be vaccinated. In the 60s, the vast majority of Americans got their information from newspapers and tv- they trusted the media.

Fast forward to today. The media has become a propaganda wing of the democrat party and is not a reliable source of information. The majority of Americans no longer trust the media to be objective and accurate. Now, more than ever, we need to have a media that disseminates OBJECTIVE, FACTUAL information to the public to encourage vaccination. However, the public no longer trusts the media, due to their behavior over the last 40-50 years.

So if you want to lay blame for those choosing to avoid the vaccine, blame the media. NO ONE trusts what they say, even when they are trying to tell the truth (for once).

Old 07-28-2021, 06:44 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
When your "rights" impact the "rights" of others, the government has to intervene.
Can I ask how you feel about ALL communicable diseases?

I want to know if anyone around me has ANY communicable disease. I think if one is diagnosed with any of those diseases, they need to wear a sticker/label so I can avoid them or make them stay at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.