Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 06:45 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
What is your definition of “safe and effective”? If it means absolutely no negative reactions, then you are correct. But, that’s a pretty unrealistic standard isn’t it? I think any reasonable person would conclude that the vast, vast majority of individuals who have taken the vaccine have had no meaningful adverse reactions (if any at all). The evidence also seems to be pretty strong that if you are vaccinated you are far less likely to be hospitalized for COVID. As you point out there are some vaccinated individuals who contract COVID….most who do are fine, but some get sick and some die. But those are very rare exceptions. It appears that you are using exceptional cases to make your case, as opposed to looking at the results of the entire population of vaccinated individuals. I hope you might reconsider your position.
My definition is absolutely meaningless insofar the need for the general public to accept this vaccine as many C-D posters say it should, and the way that Biden, Fauci, Cuomo, the CDC, and others are saying the general public must accept.

I referred to what both C-D posters, pro-vaccine advocates, and people in positions of leadership as per the paragraph above have stated - that this vaccine is safe and effective.

There have been various reports, in the United States and abroad, of serious complications including death in certain cases and in others, permanent and irreversible bodily damage, including in extremely young and very healthy people.

Furthermore, the vaccinated are not prevented from spreading the virus nor from contracting it.

Nothing to reconsider. This vaccine is neither safe nor effective.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:47 AM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
I agree, and if you look at a covid map you'll see that 95% of the new cases are in deep red states..it is what it is..

Old 07-28-2021, 06:47 AM

943 posts, read 392,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
My wife and I both fully support vaccination. I am a physician and she is a former nurse.

We were discussing at dinner why opposition to the Covid vaccine is so widespread today, when there was very little, if any, opposition to vaccinations when we were kids in the 60s and 70s.

Ignorance and misinformation is at the root of the majority of those choosing to not be vaccinated. In the 60s, the vast majority of Americans got their information from newspapers and tv- they trusted the media.

Fast forward to today. The media has become a propaganda wing of the democrat party and is not a reliable source of information. The majority of Americans no longer trust the media to be objective and accurate. Now, more than ever, we need to have a media that disseminates OBJECTIVE, FACTUAL information to the public to encourage vaccination. However, the public no longer trusts the media, due to their behavior over the last 40-50 years.

So if you want to lay blame for those choosing to avoid the vaccine, blame the media. NO ONE trusts what they say, even when they are trying to tell the truth (for once).
I think you nailed it! More people probably trust what the Kardashians have to say than ANY of the media outlets (Left or Right)

Old 07-28-2021, 06:48 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,419,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well Pfizer lasts for 6 months...now down to 39% efficacy.
Natural immunity from catching it is still strong after 8 months (time of study linked below)

Natural immunity from catching something is always better, stronger and more long lasting than a vaccine.
That's how it's always been until covid when they change the rules with no basis to back that up.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19

Edit: just found a 1 year study...antibodies still there after 1 year of recovering from covid.
https://www.newsweek.com/study-indic...ection-1596930
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/
I don’t believe the 39% efficacy figure is really relevant…I think that figure come from an Israeli study addressing how effective the original Pfizer vaccine is against the Delta variant. If I am wrong, please correct me. Your statement about natural immunity is always better and stronger is not substantiated in any of your links..it is just a statement you are making. Maybe you are right, but I don’t see any evidence of that in what you shared. The links do show studies about how long immunity lasts if one catches COVID, but I didn’t see them comparing that to the immunity achieved thtu the vaccines. Again, I’m not suggesting there is no such thing as natural immunity, but just challenging that it is better/longer/more permanent than that delivered by the vaccine.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:51 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Quote:
My wife and I both fully support vaccination. I am a physician and she is a former nurse.

We were discussing at dinner why opposition to the Covid vaccine is so widespread today, when there was very little, if any, opposition to vaccinations when we were kids in the 60s and 70s.

Ignorance and misinformation is at the root of the majority of those choosing to not be vaccinated. In the 60s, the vast majority of Americans got their information from newspapers and tv- they trusted the media.

Fast forward to today. The media has become a propaganda wing of the democrat party and is not a reliable source of information. The majority of Americans no longer trust the media to be objective and accurate. Now, more than ever, we need to have a media that disseminates OBJECTIVE, FACTUAL information to the public to encourage vaccination. However, the public no longer trusts the media, due to their behavior over the last 40-50 years.

So if you want to lay blame for those choosing to avoid the vaccine, blame the media. NO ONE trusts what they say, even when they are trying to tell the truth (for once).
Or it could be the fact that myself and many other have seen perfectly healthy people get the vaccines and then they got very sick!

Old 07-28-2021, 06:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
HIPAA only applies to health care providers who submit claims to Medicare. They can't release the health information of their patients. This issue of vaccine status generally has nothing to do with HIPAA.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-28-2021, 06:55 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times
Quote:

No the issue is information pollution. There is so much information all coming at once, that no one really knows how to disseminate information. The reason why less propaganda was used in the past, is because news sources didn't need it. People just already blindly trusted the government and the media. But now everyone wants to feel like they're politically clever. Everyone wants to act like they know some "truth" that no one else knows. Or some "truth" that "they don't want you to know". That everyone now thinks they've discovered some secret knowledge and everyone else is clueless.

So the other side can't just be "different". They now are considered "clueless and uninformed". Everyone is now in the game of trying to outsmart the government and the media. Because these days no matter what you choose to believe in. There is always some sort of info dump somewhere on the web to reaffirm your beliefs.

Believe the earth is flat? There is "truth" to reveal that. Believe the government controls the weather? There is "truth" to reveal that. Believe Trump is the spawn of Satan? There is "truth" to reveal that. Believe Biden is a totalitarian dictator? There is "truth" to believe that.

The reality in an information age, it's ironic how little information informs our beliefs. We walk into things with emotions, and we think just because we can pull together a source, it's somehow less about emotions. The issue is that we all think we're some logical giants because we can all reaffirm our beliefs with "evidence". But the reality I think we use logic less now than we did 60 years ago. That is why echo chambers are so popular now.

The most powerful 3 words you can say in politics today is "I don't know"

Old 07-28-2021, 06:55 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times
They're starting to find the same viral load in vaxxed and unvaxxed.

https://sfist.com/2021/07/27/cdc-con...-unvaccinated/

So does the vax really help that much with the delta variant.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:56 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
HIPAA only applies to health care providers who submit claims to Medicare. They can't release the health information of their patients. This issue of vaccine status generally has nothing to do with HIPAA.
It's a little broader than that. It applies to all health care providers, whether they submit claims to Medicare or not. It also applies to certain other groups such as health information clearinghouses and health care plans. But you are 100% correct that it does not apply to the public generally but to persons and organizations that meet the definition of "covered entity" within the rules.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:57 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is just wrong to have people have their lives destroyed ... forced to take an experimental drug treatment OR lose their jobs?

I think this is it for America... to have people be so cruel to their fellow americans while at the same time rolling over and never saying a word about criminals and illegals.

I don't want to be part of a country with people like that anymore.

Seriously.
Lives destroyed by getting a vaccine, aren't you being a little melodramatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.