Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 04:41 PM

566 posts, read 283,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If air bags work why do we need seat belts ..if seat belts work why do we need air bags ..if both work why do we need brakes ?

The vaccines work and are reducing serious covid and death very well ..but they are not 100% …so vaccinated can still get covid even if they do not get anything more than a cold .

However because the variant can have more viral material spewed by a vaccinated person it can certainly get a non vaccinated person very sick.

The problem is it puts those unvaccinated at greater risk since now they not only can get very sick from the unvaccinated, but potentially someone vaccinated too ,even if that vaccinated person has a mild case themselves
Sadly Mathjak you're trying to use facts, logic, and reason on the POC echo chamber. That's not going to work and you're not going to change any minds here IMO.

This is from the CDC website updated today.

Safer Activities for You and Your Family

If you are fully vaccinated, you can participate in many of the activities that you did before the pandemic.

To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.

Wearing a mask is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. If this applies to you or your household, you might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission in your area.
You should continue to wear a mask where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
You are mistaken -- or at least you are if the following is true:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/polit...nce/index.html

EXCEPRT FROM ARTICLE, my italics and bold:

"New evidence found that the levels of virus found in breakthrough cases among the vaccinated people are similar to those found in unvaccinated individuals who contract coronavirus, raising concerns that vaccinated individuals may be able to spread the virus, the official said."
Raising concerns? Please tell me when it is confirmed that they spread the virus at the same clip as the unvaccinated…

5,661 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Anyways, Republicans are all for people going door to door to tell people about Jesus. Why not to offer a life-saving vaccine?
Maybe they can recruit the Mormon kids or the Jehovah’s Witness door knockers. In my neighborhood it would be the pest control soliticitors.

“Hello. Can we talk about Jesus while I inject some sketchy stuff into you?”

“Fleas, ticks and Chinese Bioweapons? One shot will clean them all up!”

472 posts, read 244,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radex View Post
I thought trump supporters were PRO vax??
The majority of the Trump supporters are Pro CHOICE as in "freedom to choose". You don't want to take it, don't take it. You want to take, take it. Kinda like supporting what our Constitution stands for. Freedom of choice and freedom of speech.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:42 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Employers who mandate COVID vaccines are responsible for workman's comp claims if any employee suffers a severe reaction or injury after receiving the injections. This may force some smaller companies to think twice before mandating the vaccines.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/busi...9d2668c36.html
Well this article was from May when it was said to be unlawful to require it. It's not unlawful now.

Employers pay for workman's comp insurance. Sure, if a ton of people get injured in one company and file claims, just like auto insurance, their rates will go up if they are deemed to be negligent or operating unsafely.

An employee having an adverse reaction which disables him/her will not be the fault of the company, so think of it as a no-fault accident, and will not effect their rates.

Statistically, not enough people across the board will be handicapped by the vaccine to cause much of an issue here.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:44 PM

472 posts, read 244,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
They're probably working on a Forced Vaccination & Gun Confiscation combo.
Don't give them any ideas please!!

Old 07-27-2021, 04:44 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radex View Post
I thought trump supporters were PRO vax??
From what I have gathered (so this is very unscientific), the great majority of white Democrats and the elderly want the vaccines,, while the great majority of those who don't support the injections are Trumpers, blacks and independent thinkers (those who do not implicitly trust the media and/over government to be honest and try to do what is best for the "ordinary people".)

Again, this is just I have gathered from reading many, many threads about COVID and the vaccines -- so this could very well be incorrect!

Old 07-27-2021, 04:45 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We are all walking Typhoid Mary and blaming the unvaccinated for it ?

Who is going to walk that one back ?
Yes, anyone, anywhere can carry and spread it.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:46 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I really and truly am sincerely sorry for those who have lost their lives or have been severely injured or disabled from COVID or the "vaccines" -- but I am wondering how many people agree with me that the government's response to COVID has been a complete disaster ever since the great majority of hospitals were no longer close to being filled to capacity; and that MAYBE it would be better to now let COVID take its course until if and when many hospitals are once again close to capacity.

And I also wonder if perhaps the government's apparent attitude of "one size fits all" is the wrong approach, and perhaps the strategy for each state (or county or large metro area) should be decided by those who are in charge of each of those places? Maybe, in short, this pandemic is just too big of a job for the CDC and the Biden administration to handle. (Actually, in my opinion, this has already been proven.)

YES, I do agree that it was better to be safe than sorry at the start of this pandemic, but I honestly do not know how anyone can claim that the government has handled this situation well at all.
I agree with you. I work in the healthcare field in NYS and watched Cuomo flex his arrogant thugness from day one. His refusal to use the mercy ships until too late; his executive order mandating nursing homes to bring their C19 + residents back into the nursing homes when they should have remained hospitalized (my wheelhouse); his daily televised "press briefings" to pat himself on the back....I could go on but I'll just "trigger" myself right into a bad mood.

Say what we will about Trump - plenty of fodder for debate on both sides - but IMO, he did 4 things right and got slammed for all of them: In Dec 2019 he acknowledged the virus and suggested travel ban btwn US & China - ripped as a bigot. He arranged for floating hospitals - ignored because King Cuomo's ego continues unchecked. Got Warp Speed going & barely rcvd credit. Most important, he asked that Governors govern their state rather than be micro-managed. So much easier for the states to sit on their collective hands, whining about the feds not helping them. BS. Don't have to be a Trump fan to see this was 100% politicized at OUR expense. Neither side walks away with a medal on that one.

Today we were told masks are back on, vaccinated or not. I'm ambivalent on that & don't mind complying; that's one battle I can leave to others. But being sent a link to add a few apps to my phone - one an Empire Pass that allows me to upload my vaccine info so I can be admitted to whatever, and the other a contact tracer so I can be alerted when I may have been exposed even tho I'm vaccinated - - that's too damn far. Cuomo and his minions can suck it.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:46 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
The majority of the Trump supporters are Pro CHOICE as in "freedom to choose". You don't want to take it, don't take it. You want to take, take it. Kinda like supporting what our Constitution stands for. Freedom of choice and freedom of speech.
Agreed. Sorry that I can't rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.