Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 01:26 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,868,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The truth would be a great place to start. I like truth. Uncensored data.

But with censoring, blocking, suspending, canceling and personally attacking, doxxing, and removing any viewpoints from scientists, researchers, or physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals that dare ask ANY questions regarding the vaccines, well, that ship has sailed.

I think the real question is: Why weren't questions allowed? Not: Why won't some people take the vaccine?

I have had a lot of my own questions answered, rarely via this site but usually by digging through many different sources and reading many different points of view on various platforms. I'm a medical professional. I speak with a good number of knowledgeable people as well. And the situation is changing quite rapidly due to mutation. As for this site, I have seen many questioned answered regarding all sorts of points of view.

Arguing the topic doesn't seem to be helpful to anyone.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:27 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,168,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It only took about a year to go from "don't trust a Trump vaccine" to "the Trump vaccine is voluntary" to "take the Trump vaccine or else! (Oh yeah, and don't even think about suing if you have debilitating side effects because we've given the vaccine manufacturers immunity.)"
No such thing as a Trump vaccine.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:30 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,559,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The problem with natural immunity is that it is not nearly as strong as the immunity aquired from the vaccine, and it fades with time.
Sorry it is actually the other way around.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:32 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
What about the people reporting no symptoms? Is the vax not working? Or will you say "NO! int those cases it's working even better!!!".

Stop believing everything the media tells you. It's quite obvious where your info came from.
IF there are no symptoms I would wonder if it is working. It is supposed to provoke an immune response with the second dose. It could be quite mild and comfortable but there should be some response. Every person is going to be different, it could even be factored by body mass.

If you have doubts about the effectiveness, consult your doctor. I am not here to play stupid games with you. You are responsible for your own safety.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:34 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
At least for me and some people I know. We just don’t trust this administration. Biden and Harris said they wouldn’t take the vaccine when Trump was in office but now only a few months later they did (supposedly) and are pushing it heavily. It’s the same vaccine. It didn’t change because Biden is now in office. It was created during the Trump administration. Also it is not approved by the FDA. So that concerns me as well. I don’t think it fair to be designated as selfish or a murder because of concerns.
If you really want to know, explore this website. It explains among a lot of other things, the emergency use authorization for vaccines. https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepar...id-19-vaccines This is not about Trump or Biden. OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
The vaccine is neither Trump’s nor Biden’s. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use technology developed in Germany by a company called BioNTech.

Astra Zeneca was developed largely in Britain, I believe, with India playing an important role.

If you want to learn more about the origins of the mRNA vaccine, this article explains it pretty well:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/
I don't think these posters care. A shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I do not care if you believe me or not. I do not even know you nor do I care to. What I said is 100 percent true. How silly to say it is not that makes no sense. I get nothing out of it. I explained why I am not getting vaccinated. What you believe has nothing to do with anything
Well if you refuse the vaccine you could be right, dead right. You do you.

8,171 posts, read 3,688,941 times
Quote:
Where's the evidence -- the data sets -- of the testing? Do you understand that question?

Cases, cases, cases, all day long. Cases and cases, OH THE HAND WRINGING!!!!

Where's the number of ACTUAL delta variant cases, since this is the virus term du juor?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...nt-proportions

Any questions?

Old 07-28-2021, 01:35 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,862,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Wasn't it Sleepy J and K-lala who told us NOT to trust the vaccine at first, now it's ay-okay to take when their in office?
I think people are going to believe what they want, regardless of the truth. However, to clarify, Biden said he trusted the vaccines and the science, but did not trust Trump. If only there was some way of verifying that was actually what he said, it would be really helpful…oh, wait!

https://apnews.com/article/election-...be55cc2e92cbd9

Old 07-28-2021, 01:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
Quote:
Where's the data? Seems simple enough. Where are all these people conducting these tests? Who are they? How many tests have been conducted? What percent of all COVID tests are confirmed as DELTA?

Or do you just have faith that you are being told the truth, like religion, not science?

Science DEMANDS evidence. Talk to your middle school bio teacher.

Where's the evidence? That's the point. Not MY point. THE point.
I believe you know who has the data. Why are you pestering me? If you need it that badly, contact CDC and/or your County/State Health Dept.

I have no reason to believe the percentages of Covid being reported as delta are false.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Wasn't it Sleepy J and K-lala who told us NOT to trust the vaccine at first, now it's ay-okay to take when their in office?
I amazes me how widely misinformation like this spreads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.