Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 01:44 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I believe you know who has the data. Why are you pestering me? If you need it that badly, contact CDC and/or your County/State Health Dept.

I have no reason to believe the percentages of Covid being reported as delta are false.
I can't begin to tell you about the testing anomalies this past 18 months. But just a few: I know someone who had long covid, yet never tested positive for the virus, or antibodies. Yet the doctors are sure it was long covid. I talked to urgent care doctors who said they knew of families where one person tested positive, then other family members also got sick but never tested positive for anything. Countless people tested positive without ever becoming sick. People sick with symptoms like loss of taste, shortness of breath, but negative for antibodies. You'll have to forgive a certain amount of skepticism regarding the accuracy of data.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:45 PM

17,429 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Vaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can still die from covid.
Can potentially die from the vaccine.

Unvaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Cannot die from the vaccine.
Accurate.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yes, many questions, as the 'data' are estimates, some weighted, some non-weighted, some based on 2-week intervals, others on 4-week intervals, all presented together as if they were somehow meaningful.

Howza bout a NUMBER of cases that tested positive for Delta?

Me thinks that would prove too ... interesting a number to produce. Since it would be quite SIMPLE to report it.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:51 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
At least for me and some people I know. We just don’t trust this administration. Biden and Harris said they wouldn’t take the vaccine when Trump was in office but now only a few months later they did (supposedly) and are pushing it heavily. It’s the same vaccine. It didn’t change because Biden is now in office. It was created during the Trump administration. Also it is not approved by the FDA. So that concerns me as well. I don’t think it fair to be designated as selfish or a murder because of concerns.
I am not and never have been "anti-vaccine." I am however anti-illogic and anti-jackbooted-thug. I have several very good reasons for rejecting the covid "vaccine" at this point--all of them are based on either statistics, science, or an inherent distrust for institutions and corporations that have proven time and time again to be of questionable trustworthiness. And the more hysterical the powers that be get over this, the more it proves to me that there is good reason to be suspicious.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Consider taking Statistics 101.
Well, it does teach one how to cook the books.

How about a simple number: Of X number of samples, X% tested positive for delta.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
You are mistaken. I am not DECIDING anything for anyone. I am encouraging folks to obtain necessary and important health and safety information from credible and reliable sources and institutions---you know the professionals and experts--- and reminding others of the context of the times in which we reside...you know the reality of the crisis where we humans find ourselves.

Also I believe it is permissible on this forum to provide the facts of the vaccines which are based on mountains of data collected and rigorously studied and to post about the demonstrably superb results they have achieved.

I am not going to apologize for defending the health and safety initiatives and efforts of our esteemed public servants and scientists and the life saving vaccines that benefit humankind.

Peace and health to you.
There are many professionals and experts with lists of degrees that would hit the floor, including Nobel prize winners that have been censored, canceled, and blocked.

I'm interested in hearing ALL the information.

Not only what some outlets WANT me to hear.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Vaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can potentially die from the vaccine.

Unvaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Cannot die from the vaccine.
Exactly.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:01 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Do you think they cannot determine variants by sampling?

Yes, that's what he is talking about. Genome sampling. Expensive and only done to a few to get a rough estimate of what's "going around".

Old 07-28-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I believe you know who has the data. Why are you pestering me? If you need it that badly, contact CDC and/or your County/State Health Dept.

I have no reason to believe the percentages of Covid being reported as delta are false.

The fact that they aren't really checking the variant is not reason enough?

Old 07-28-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
It is a new thread and posting truths every few days to counter the onslaught of ongoing and evolving disinformation and harmful anti-vaccination messaging is permissible, I believe. The evidence revealing the safety and efficacy of our vaccines is simple and factual even if redundant. It is what it is. I will not apologize for this or be embarrassed by your criticism.

Peace and health to you.

Somebody from our side was admonished yesterday for even posting in more then one threads, much less the same data he posted in a different one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.