Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 12:42 PM

574 posts, read 377,026 times

Advertisements

Its only a matter of time before a more deadly variant begins circulating.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:42 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Yeah, two days ago I bing searched "J&J and delta". Lots of week old peer reviewed studies showing it was very effective against delta and other variants, even explaining why (mRNA vaccines tend to tell your body if you see this EXACT looking thing out there, attack it. Vector vaccines tend to be less specific, especially with the parts that are prone to mutations so a virus that, for all intents and purposes IS the corona virus but with floppy shoes on, is still attacked.) But ANY and ALL reports of one or two days old are that J&J (specifically, not just vector vaccines... which is the dead giveaway) are worthless against Delta. Your only hope for survival is to run out and get an mRNA vax. The main difference between the reports are the week old studies are actual studies and the HUNDREDS of 2 day old ones are media press releases. IF they quote their source it's the non-peer reviewed NYU test tube experiment that seems to have been done to pass the time during a lunch break.
Here is the J&J release.

https://www.jnj.com/positive-new-dat...ty-of-response
These data showed that the Johnson & Johnson single-shot COVID-19 vaccine elicited neutralizing antibody activity against the Delta variant at an even higher level than what was recently observed for the Beta (B.1.351) variant in South Africa where high efficacy against severe/critical disease was demonstrated.

In the ENSEMBLE trial, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine was 85 percent effective against severe/critical disease and demonstrated protection against hospitalization and death. The vaccine was consistently effective across all regions studied globally, including in South Africa and Brazil, where there was a high prevalence of rapidly emerging Beta and Zeta (P.2) variants during the study period.

A single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine generated neutralizing antibodies against a range of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern, which increased over time (the average neutralizing titer at eight months exceeded that average at 29 days), including against the increasingly prevalent and more transmissible Delta (B.1.617.2) variant, the partially neutralization-resistant Beta (B.1.351), the Gamma (P.1) variants and others, including the Alpha (B.1.1.7), Epsilon (B.1.429), Kappa (B.1.617.1) and D614G variants, as well as the original SARS-CoV-2 strain (WA1/2020).

Old 07-28-2021, 12:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
I agree with you, and thanks for the kind good wishes.

But no one is going to be convinced by posts encouraging them to do something that they are determined not to do. Perhaps a friend, family member or trusted member of their community could do so, but it won't happen here.
Wishing you and everyone here good health and peace, as well.
The truth would be a great place to start. I like truth. Uncensored data.

But with censoring, blocking, suspending, canceling and personally attacking, doxxing, and removing any viewpoints from scientists, researchers, or physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals that dare ask ANY questions regarding the vaccines, well, that ship has sailed.

I think the real question is: Why weren't questions allowed? Not: Why won't some people take the vaccine?

Old 07-28-2021, 12:43 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
The ignorance over this vaccine is mind numbing. Doing research on it is only keystroke away. It is not the be all to cure all. I simply reduces your chances of ending up in a hospital bed and being pronounced dead. Dear god just some simple research would answer 99.8% of these insane post.
It’s cause no one here is interested in having a conversation about vaccines. They want to talk about politics, using vaccines as a kind of…proxy. Like every other topic on this board - it’s almost never that topic from the thread title that is discussed. Instead, it’s always politics, with that topic being the vehicle by which each poster’s politics is encapsulated.

Take the recent furor over Critical Race Theory. There were dozens of posts about it, but I never saw anyone actually talking about Critical Race Theory, what it is and what it isn’t, whether it is even something that is taught outside of universities or whether it is being used to describe any kind of education related to racism or the history of race relations in America. No one discussed to what extent they believed those topics should be taught, what the benefits and drawbacks were, what age groups should lear what, and so on. Instead, the whole debate about CRT on this board boiled down to the same thing it always does: my side is right and your side is wrong and possibly evil and anti-American.

So it goes with the discussion of vaccines. I don’t think many of the posters in these countless threads about vaccines want to learn about vaccines. They want to argue their side and win. That’s all. Hence, the whole “Trump vaccine” vs. “Biden vaccine.” Both of those terms are wrong and ridiculous because neither of those men are responsible for any of the vaccines, and yet they allow people to frame this discussion politically and turn it into another red vs. blue thing.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:44 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So you think that all the people who are involved in conducting these tests or are hearing and seeing news reports that these tests are being done are involved in some giant conspiracy and no one has spoken out about it.

Can you point me to some whistleblowers story that the delta and other variants are not being tested for or some lab persons report that they cannot determine what percentage of patients have a given variant by doing testing via sampling?

What exactly is your point?
They aren't genome testing every hospital patient with covid.
Now all of a sudden everyone with covid has Delta variant ?

There are 9 different variant circulating the US

Old 07-28-2021, 12:44 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She's not insulting and rabidly attacking people anymore. So there's that.

I guess a "wall of text' pasting zombie is better then what we had. She can join the fisherman pasting the same 99% thing on every post.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So you think that all the people who are involved in conducting these tests or are hearing and seeing news reports that these tests are being done are involved in some giant conspiracy and no one has spoken out about it.

Can you point me to some whistleblowers story that the delta and other variants are not being tested for or some lab persons report that they cannot determine what percentage of patients have a given variant by doing testing via sampling?

What exactly is your point?
Where's the data? Seems simple enough. Where are all these people conducting these tests? Who are they? How many tests have been conducted? What percent of all COVID tests are confirmed as DELTA?

Or do you just have faith that you are being told the truth, like religion, not science?

Science DEMANDS evidence. Talk to your middle school bio teacher.

Where's the evidence? That's the point. Not MY point. THE point.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is the part of the story where the experts say "We always knew that."

The vaccine gaslighting has begun. People were told it would be better than it is, but now we are told we were always told it wouldn't be. Clear as mud.
Apparently, it's MUCH easier to fool people, than it is to convince them that they have been fooled. I can search archives & find easily, that we were told by the CDC & the White House, that vaccines would for sure, change the course of the pandemic & basically, "save the world". The people who say this isn't true are victims of gaslighting. From the CDC in March:

Quote:
“ March 29, 2021
This study shows that our national vaccination efforts are working. The authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines provided early, substantial real-world protection against infection for our nation’s health care personnel, first responders, and other frontline essential workers,” said CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH. “These findings should offer hope to the millions of Americans receiving COVID-19 vaccines each day and to those who will have the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated in the weeks ahead. The authorized vaccines are the key tool that will help bring an end to this devastating pandemic.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-Vaccines.html

Also in March, the Biden narrative:

Quote:
“We know that the more people get vaccinated, the faster we will overcome the virus, get back to our friends and loved ones, and get our economy back on track,” the official White House statement said.
https://www.wkrn.com/community/healt...id-19-vaccine/

Then, the CDC in April:
Quote:
April 2, 2021
“We continue to encourage every American to get vaccinated as soon as it’s their turn, so we can begin to safely take steps back to our everyday lives. Vaccines can help us return to the things we love about life, so we encourage every American to get vaccinated as soon as they have the opportunity.”
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ed-people.html

Also in April, Biden's narrative:

Quote:
During his remarks on Tuesday, the President added that with vaccines, American can return to a more normal lifestyle.
"We're back to that place now as long as you get vaccinated. So, go get the shot. It's never been easier. And once you're fully vaccinated, you can go without a mask when you're outside and away from big crowds," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/27/polit...nce/index.html

The CDC in June:
Quote:
June 7, 2021
COVID-19 vaccines are a critical tool in overcoming this pandemic,” said CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH. “Findings from the extended timeframe of this study add to accumulating evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are effective and should prevent most infections — but that fully vaccinated people who still get COVID-19 are likely to have milder, shorter illness and appear to be less likely to spread the virus to others.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...uce-risks.html

Also in June, Biden's narrative:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris and Jill Biden, the first lady, will hit the road on a national tour to encourage vaccinations. "We can declare independence from COVID-19 and free ourselves from the grip it has held over our lives for the better part of a year,” Biden said. “Each of you has the power to help us gain this freedom as a nation.”
https://www.marylandmatters.org/2021...oost-vaccines/

Vaccines were never touted as "just one tool in the box", they were the "critical tool". Vaccinated people are just as likely to spread infection as the unvaccinated are & neither the CDC or the WH, ever "thought this would happen" or "told us this would happen". Anyone who thinks this is so, has been gaslighted & I'm so sick of how naive people are.

The vaccines gave us two months of a false sense of security, allowed the vaccinated (mrna) to contribute to the pathogen evolving & are now waning after the evolved pathogen has taken hold in the community. And thousands of vaccinated people have either died or been possibly permanently disabled FROM the vaccines. People who were perfectly capable of recovering fully from covid, are now more vulnerable. It's a freaking tragedy. It's criminal.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:56 PM

CDC now saying vaccinated should get tested and quarantine after exposure. Current trajectory of recommendations:

CDC: We need vaccines
CDC: Vaccines will protect us
CDC: Everyone needs to be vaccinated
CDC: Vaccinated persons never need testing
CDC: Vaccinated persons never need masks
CDC: Vaccinated persons need mask
CDC: Vaccinated persons need testing
CDC: Vaccinated persons need to quarantine themselves

How anyone can trust anything the CDC 'recommends" is beyond me.

Vaccines really working well, aren't they.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:58 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
(Sigh)

What links would you believe? If I provide a CDC link, are you going to tell me you can't trust the CDC? If I quote doctors, are you going to tell me they're in on the giant conspiracy?
A link to an actual study that discusses what data was used and what method they used.
No need to get snarky. I would actually like to read some data. I do not take the word of an article thats says according to a study, or so and so says. I like to see the study and the data analyses. Apparently there is no real data to share so you try to make it as if I dont trust the non existent data or I think its a conspiracy.

From some articles I read (trying to find links to data), the CDC has not generated or analyzed any data with information on who was vaccinated and who was not vaccinated in relation to Covid positive, hospitalizations or death. So yeah, link to the CDC analyses if that is where you found data on this information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.